aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Quote from Fergies autobiography ......the Man Utd Fergie, not the singer of the Black eyed peas, maker of tractors or princess of....twatshire...or somewhere.

"What was your highlight at Manchester United?"

"Finding out Gary and Phils dad was called Neville. Neville Neville......"

Brilliant.

Love this.

I bought Fergie's first autobiography, and it was an enlightening read, but I am well up for reading the new one; it sounds like it could be pretty acerbic and revealing. I've been reading about some of the key criticisms made in the book, and the reaction of Roy Keane was amusing; I could imagine the tone of voice and the stoic look as I read the transcript. I loved Roy Keane as a player, but his player management and tactical skills really do leave a lot to be desired. He's kind of constantly pissed me off in his post-playing days. For the record, his autobiography is pretty good.

Can anyone recommend a really good football autobiography? I love reading them, and I can personally endorse Graeme Le Saux's and the two mentioned above, should any of you fancy a read. Willie Miller's is a bit shit.

• Upvote 1

Jaap Stam's is a good read. The shits that guy gives, you could count on one hand, with fingers to spare. And a thumb. I don't know. Jaap Stam doesn't give a shit, is what I'm trying to say. The book is why he was sold from United, so you know it's good.

Roy Keane's dog has a spoof autobiography, which is hilarious.

Paul Scholes' is inherently hilarious, though it definitely isn't meant to be. Since he is essentially the most easy going man in history, with very little to say, the only dirty revealing truth he unearths is that he doesn't like United away kits that are blue. Hates them. He was also a bit miffed about his "footballer diet". He'd never heard of spaghetti bolognese, and only wanted to eat sausage chips and beans. If you read it in your head with the voice of Karl Pilkington, it works.

Zlatan's book is getting a proper English transcription and release. I've read the translation version, and it's amazing.

Edited by Joda Serk

Niall Quinn is unbearable. Why do they still let him get involved when City play? Honda misses a sitter right at the death. He blasts a volley right at Joe Hart's planted leg. Joe Hart doesn't even move. Niall Quinn exclaims "One of the finest saves you're ever likely to see". That might be true, Quinn, if everyone was a shameless City wanker like you.

Love this.

I bought Fergie's first autobiography, and it was an enlightening read, but I am well up for reading the new one; it sounds like it could be pretty acerbic and revealing. I've been reading about some of the key criticisms made in the book, and the reaction of Roy Keane was amusing; I could imagine the tone of voice and the stoic look as I read the transcript. I loved Roy Keane as a player, but his player management and tactical skills really do leave a lot to be desired. He's kind of constantly pissed me off in his post-playing days. For the record, his autobiography is pretty good.

Can anyone recommend a really good football autobiography? I love reading them, and I can personally endorse Graeme Le Saux's and the two mentioned above, should any of you fancy a read. Willie Miller's is a bit shit.

Brian Clough - Provided you dont kiss me

A journalists portrail of following Brain Clough around football grounds over 20 years bascially being verbally abused by the great man.....in a truly Brian Clough way of course, seriously though. Fantastic read!

Love this.

I know nowt about football and am not particularly interested but I think I will read this, Fergie is a character I like. I read Roy Keane's one for the same reason, it was great. I also have a book on Cantona yet to be read.