aberdeen-music

How does Emeli Sande do it ?

kybosh

Like who?

before I post I want it clear I am not saying any of these are better than Emeli (or worse) just better known and have probably sold more records

Leona Lewis (and she sang at the handover in Bejing)

Amy McDonald

Beverly Knight

Rumer

lilly Allen

and not fogetting .........

Adele (apparently she turned the job down and is pregnant)

before I post I want it clear I am not saying any of these are better than Emeli (or worse) just better known and have probably sold more records

Leona Lewis (and she sang at the handover in Bejing) If her new album had been out two months earlier (it's due October) i'm sure she would've been involved

Amy McDonald No mass appeal

Beverly Knight Really?

Rumer Limited appeal

lilly Allen Pregnant again

and not fogetting .........

Adele (apparently she turned the job down and is pregnant)

She is arguably more relevant than several of the acts who played, Spice Girls, Madness, fucking Queen with Jessie J....

more relevant to what ??? the point of the closing ceremony was to show the depth and effect British music has had on the world , like them or not The Spice Girls are right up there with The Beatles and The Stones as a musical landmark , Queen were quite rightly included , it would have probably been better to have Paul Rodgers singing with them but maybe he was busy :(

notable ommisions for me were Zepplin , Weller (him doing a Jam song would have been just as relevant as Beady Eye doing wonderwall) Elton John , Rod Stewart (and I hate to say it) Status Quo

• 8 months later...