aberdeen-music

How does Emeli Sande do it ?

kybosh

Big up to the lassie and yaay , she's fae aberdeen (well alford) and all that , but ..........

18 months ago , no one had heard of her , she's had a couple of hit singles and an album (please correct me if I've underestimated her catalogue) and , boom , all of a sudden she's singing on the olympic torch relay tour , carring the torch for a bit too. Then she's singing at both the opening and closing ceremonies , and doing more than one song , in fact she probably had more exposure than any other performer between the two events .....

.......so , how does she do it ? what has she got / done / know ???????

I noticed she had a small wet patch on her armpit at the closing ceremony so she'll probably fade into obscurity now.

I don't particularly like that style of music but I do appreciate she has a cracking voice. I like that she doesn't do all that nonsense, showy-off warbling.

The first time I heard that tune of hers with the hook "I'll fiiiind you next to meee" I really, really liked it. The second time I heard it I grew bored of it in a few seconds. I think that sums up her career path if I'm honest. I don't wish any ill on her and I really hope she does well but I get the impression she's already peaked. I get the same impression with Adele though. Probably just me being cynical and a tad jealous of their success though.

xx

she has written songs for Leona Lewis (x-factor) Cher LLoyd (x-factor) Susan Boyle (britains got talent) ..............is anyone seeing a link here , please don't tell me Simon Cowell had anything to do with the olympics :(

Simon Cowell is the master of marketing and distributing hook-driven, generic inoffensive pop music, which is exactly what the likes of the Olympic ceremonies want. Widest appeal with the least risk of upsetting anyone. Even if Cowell wasn't involved in the actual organisation, his label would be the first port of call for the organisers to find a supporting lineup.

xx

She's been slogging away at it for years as well, I used to go out with one of her mates back in 2006 and she was trying to get noticed back then, writing songs and doing a couple of spots with Trevor Nelson and stuff. She has worked her way up the hard way, rather than just being an X-Factor style flash in the pan so I don't think the Simon Cowell comparison is fair. I think she'll have a bit of longevity.

• Upvote 2

She's just really lucky. Her single exploded on the radio out of nowhere. then she collaborated with Pro. Green and that's what got her more out there.

Pro. Green? Is that what he calls himself? That's not the correct abbreviation of Professor. I'm starting to doubt if he is a real Professor at all.

• Upvote 3

She's been slogging away at it for years as well, I used to go out with one of her mates back in 2006 and she was trying to get noticed back then, writing songs and doing a couple of spots with Trevor Nelson and stuff. She has worked her way up the hard way, rather than just being an X-Factor style flash in the pan so I don't think the Simon Cowell comparison is fair. I think she'll have a bit of longevity.

I wasn't comparing her to Simon Cowell or x-factor contestants (most of whom have probably worked just as hard as her to get where they are) I was commenting that she seems very connected to Simon Cowell and his organisation.

my question is not does she deserve the position she seems to be in but how was she chosen rather than anyone else to be so prominent in olympic related events ?

Poove.

Seriously though... poove.

Srsly srsly though, I get the "she's bonny but she cannae sing, she's only famous 'cause she's a looker" type chat but it gets pretty ridiculous pretty fast here. I suppose that's just the internet for you. And I really can't decide what I think about the 'musicians I want to fuck' thread....

xx

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that she can sing and I'd like to get a sleeping bag and camp on her arse for a week.