aberdeen-music

The Olympics

ca_gere

I watched the Taekwondo and although I enjoyed it I had no idea what was going on. There was no sound so I didn't even know whether more points meant good or bad.

More points good.

1 point for normal kick or punch (rarely see punches given or attempted in olympic TKD)

3 points for head kick

2 points for spinning kick

4 points for spinning/airborne head kick

Kicks only score on front of body (on the pads) and the head (think it's the whole head for WTF/Olympics, ITF TKD which I'm more familiar with don't use pads and only score the front of the head).

Punches only score to the body for some fucking reason.

• Upvote 1

Words actually fail me.

Elbow were Elbow & that’s not a bad thing.

Emile Sande – not made much use of the athletic facilities judging by the size of her arse.

The Pet Shop Boys were wheeled out pretty quickly, which was a shame.

One Direction – hopefully that direction is oblivion.

Russell Brand doing The Beatles was a crime against humanity.

Jesse J – singing “it’s not about the money” whilst being wheeled around in a Rolls Royce just about sums her idiocy up.

Taio Cruz and Tinchy Stryder – token black performers.

Kaiser Chiefs – I really, really wanted that moped to crash & for him to be badly maimed. At least they didn’t play a Kaiser Chiefs song, I suppose.

Ed Sheerin playing Pink Floyd? Syd Barret didn’t die for this.

Spice Girls – give us a smile, Vicky love.

Eric Idle – managed to say “shit” in “always look on the bright side of life” which made him more rock n’ roll than anyone.

Fatboy Slim – seriously? Is this 1997?

Beady Eye playing an Oasis song says it all about Beady Eye.

Muse seemed to have been booked for Berlin 1936 Olympics & the Nazis would have been proud.

The Who – The Who. Pass.

Ray Davis – “waterloo sunset” is too good to fail.

Queen – not only have they scraped the bottom of the barrel but they’ve managed to dig a trench below it. The bassist is the best current member of Queen simply because he refuses to dignify this shit with his presence. Jessie J singing FFS.

David Bowie & Kate Bush – too dignified to appear but had their music sullied by being used in their absence.

John Lennon – where was the tribute to Ringo?