aberdeen-music

What's your price?

ca_gere

I think it'd grind you down after a while. It could happen at any moment, without notice so could ruin your enjoyment of things. Or maybe you'd just get used to it. I don't think i'd take it.

True, but that said, my flatmate gave me £20 yesterday that she owed me from ages ago and I'd forgotten about and I was fucking delighted. Imagine that feeling EVERY DAY.

• Upvote 1

Guest Giles Walker
I'd give you 20 quid every day for the rest of your life if you had to have one embarrassing, cringe-worthy social faux pas/moment every day. Just little things like spilling coffee on yourself or saying 'you too' to a check-in desk person when they say 'enjoy your flight'. Every day you'd wake up knowing you're gonna have one of these moments.

Edit: This is fielding a general 'would you take it'? to the thread

Yeah i am easily enough of a sociopath to actually enjoy doing that.

I had a similar one of these yesterday with my flatmate, who drinks champagne/sparkling wine about 3-4 times a week.

Would you accept a £230 addition to your paycheck every month, on the condition that when you took a drink of champagne/sparkling wine you had to chuckle and say "the bubbles go up my nose" in a slightly effeminate voice?

You are not allowed to tell anybody why you were saying that every time.

• Upvote 2

I had a similar one of these yesterday with my flatmate, who drinks champagne/sparkling wine about 3-4 times a week.

Would you accept a £230 addition to your paycheck every month, on the condition that when you took a drink of champagne/sparkling wine you had to chuckle and say "the bubbles go up my nose" in a slightly effeminate voice?

That's the best question I've ever been asked.

In a heartbeat. It would quickly just become 'your thing' and noone would question it. Some people already have similar habits that are just as annoying (e.g. saying 'he shoots he scores' when playing a pool shot or 'how much?' when you fart)

I once offered my mate a fiver to snort a line of that Harry Potter expanding foam powder you used to get. Easily the best fiver I've ever spent. It looked like he was dying, white froth oozing out of every facial orifice muffling his cries for help. Holy fuck that was funny.

• Upvote 2

Guest Giles Walker
actually, wait a sec - are we talking every single sip or just the first sip of a glass?

I actually couldn't decide which was worse, on every sip it would look like you were joking, or insane.

At the start of every glass is a safer way for people to think you are just some simpleton who has watched too much tv, but then it might be missed by the people around you on occasion.

Would I have to drink fizzy wine/champagne regularly? As it is, I only do on 'occasions'. TBH, either way I'd be happy to do that.

I once offered my mate a fiver to snort a line of that Harry Potter expanding foam powder you used to get. Easily the best fiver I've ever spent. It looked like he was dying, white froth oozing out of every facial orifice muffling his cries for help. Holy fuck that was funny.

That sounds fucking epic. I've never heard of harry potter expanding foam powder but I'm not deeply saddened by it's absence from my life.

xx