aberdeen-music

What's your price?

ca_gere

Guest Giles Walker
Bath Salts didn't show in his tests because there is no bath salts test. The formula keeps changing every time they ban it so there is no real definition of the composition of the stuff.

Whilst it is good that you are obviously taking a stand against sketchy drugs that have effects we possibly don't know about, mindless, non evidence based shit throwing doesn't help anyone.

Miami face chewing attack: No bath salts found in system, just marijuana. Motive unknown.

Maybe he did have these bath salts in his system, but we have no reason to jump to that conclusion based on the evidence. Maybe marijuana makes you chew peoples faces off...

Anyway, sorry to divert the thread momentarily.

The way me and my friends play this game is to add an arbitrary number onto either the annual or monthly wage of the person having to do the act and then make the bet based on something that would have to last as long as they could manage.

More based on something that would start to grind you down after a while than something out and out gross.

For example: For £100 a month added to your monthly wage, would you incorrectly correct people's grammar, spelling and foreign people's use of english at least five times a day, whilst at work?

Whilst i was at school in Newcastle me and my friend slightly changed the game, because of all the hardcore racists in my class, so that we could find out the limits of the atrocities they would commit on people from other countries for relatively small amounts of money.

It had pretty frightening results if i am being honest.

I don't think i would drink urine at this stage in my life, money involvement or not. But then again, if the money was laid out in front of me...

• Upvote 1

Guest Giles Walker

I paid a friend £14 to snort two lines of sherbet, he was a very clean cut guy who would never touch drugs, so i thought it would have some hilariously weird effect on him.

Nope.

He just snorted two lines of sherbet and then had £14 of my money in his pocket.

• Upvote 1

That article is nonsense - there's no way a lab can test for ALL drugs in a person's system. They don't just take a blood sample and say ok here's every chemical in it. There's a marijuana test, a cocaine test and so on and each test is administered separately. I don't care whether the guy took bath salts or not but the article is misleading in that it's looking for the 'no bath salts' story. The article even tells u what thu tested for - who knows what the compound was he took, if he took any. I could look up exactly what form of 'bath salts' has been banned and see if there's any info on what is currently legal but I don't really care that much. You can't say it's nonsense if the article u posted doesn't prove anything. I was actually listening to a podcast with a doctor laughing off this exact story. Again, it doesn't make a difference to me, I didn't have this story in mind when I said I wouldn't take a really dangerous drug for money.

Guest Giles Walker
That article is nonsense - there's no way a lab can test for ALL drugs in a person's system. They don't just take a blood sample and say ok here's every chemical in it. There's a marijuana test, a cocaine test and so on and each test is administered separately. I don't care whether the guy took bath salts or not but the article is misleading in that it's looking for the 'no bath salts' story. The article even tells u what thu tested for - who knows what the compound was he took, if he took any. I could look up exactly what form of 'bath salts' has been banned and see if there's any info on what is currently legal but I don't really care that much. You can't say it's nonsense if the article u posted doesn't prove anything. I was actually listening to a podcast with a doctor laughing off this exact story. Again, it doesn't make a difference to me, I didn't have this story in mind when I said I wouldn't take a really dangerous drug for money.

What about for £40,000? and you only had to snort one line of Mephedrone/Bath Salts?

What about for £40,000? and you only had to snort one line of Mephedrone/Bath Salts?

If it was administered by a medical professional and I knew exactly what I was in for from beginning to end then yes. If it was some sketchy dealer with no clue what he was giving me then no. U?

Guest Giles Walker

It was the same stuff that the face chewing guy took, so it was completely free of any of the following.

"The laboratory has tested for but not detected any other street drugs, alcohol or prescription drugs, or any adulterants found in street drugs. This includes cocaine, LSD, amphetamines (ecstasy, meth and others), phencyclidine (PCP or "angel dust"), heroin, oxycodone, Xanax, synthetic marijuana ("spice"), and many other similar compounds."

plus

"The department has ruled out the most common drugs found in 'bath salts',"

So pretty clean, no adulterants, but also none of the stuff found in 'bath salts' either. I got it from a mate who is 'pretty mint when it comes to this sort of stuff' but there is no real way you would ever know what the results would be, because drugs effect different people in different ways.

It's a risk, but for £40,000 is it worth that risk?

I got it from a mate who is 'pretty mint when it comes to this sort of stuff'

I'm in!

In all seriousness, I value my health a lot more than any monetary value. Most drugs I would take for free but any drug that carries a long-term serious risk, I'd leave well alone (ok, you could argue that all do, but a hefty comedown or the odd flashback is a little different to a complete shift in mental stability - I'm talking about permanent delusions and suchlike, not just a bit disco damaged).

Significant self-mutilation i'd never do for money either. Like a million quid for a foot - no thanks.

Guest Giles Walker
I'm in!

In all seriousness, I value my health a lot more than any monetary value. Most drugs I would take for free but any drug that carries a long-term serious risk, I'd leave well alone (ok, you could argue that all do, but a hefty comedown or the odd flashback is a little different to a complete shift in mental stability - I'm talking about permanent delusions and suchlike, not just a bit disco damaged).

Significant self-mutilation i'd never do for money either. Like a million quid for a foot - no thanks.

Okay, for £1 million would you let me choose one piece of surgery that you had to undergo, once a year?

Had to be considered a piece of surgery that would improve your life in some way, but i get to decide it.

The guy may not have had any drugs in his system at the time he chewed someone's face off but that doesn't rule out previous drug abuse. Are you dismissing the possibility that this person had taken bath salts, purely because there was none detected in his system shortly after he fucking ate somebody? I see where you are coming from though, he might not of, there's no actual evidence to say he did, however these legal highs/bath salts/fertilizer are fairly new in existence so it's impossible to identify their long term effects on an individual. That includes how quickly your body breaks down and flushes it out of your system. Fuck taking any of that shit.

I always thought, like most zombie film writers, that the zombie apocalypse would be caused by some greedy medical corporation or a military experiment gone wrong. However these days it seems it will more than likely be caused by bored teenagers and young adults drinking Matey and eating compost. Fucking mental.

chances-of-surviving-zombie-infection.jpg

"SOAP! PLANT FOODDDD!"

Okay, for £1 million would you let me choose one piece of surgery that you had to undergo, once a year?

Had to be considered a piece of surgery that would improve your life in some way, but i get to decide it.

I don't like those terms, too vague. You could argue that a lot of surgeries would improve your life in some way but they could also have negative effects at the same time so no. If you laid out the the planned surgeries for the next 80 years then i'd take a look but I wouldn't commit at this stage.

• Upvote 1

I don't like those terms, too vague. You could argue that a lot of surgeries would improve your life in some way but they could also have negative effects at the same time so no. If you laid out the the planned surgeries for the next 80 years then i'd take a look but I wouldn't commit at this stage.

This or a list of all possible "life-improving" surgeries that you can pick from. Then I'd consider it.

£1m per year, per surgery, or a lump sum?

xx

I'd give you 20 quid every day for the rest of your life if you had to have one embarrassing, cringe-worthy social faux pas/moment every day. Just little things like spilling coffee on yourself or saying 'you too' to a check-in desk person when they say 'enjoy your flight'. Every day you'd wake up knowing you're gonna have one of these moments.

Edit: This is fielding a general 'would you take it'? to the thread

• Upvote 2

I'd give you 20 quid every day for the rest of your life if you had to have one embarrassing, cringe-worthy social faux pas/moment every day. Just little things like spilling coffee on yourself or saying 'you too' to a check-in desk person when they say 'enjoy your flight'. Every day you'd wake up knowing you're gonna have one of these moments.

Edit: This is fielding a general 'would you take it'? to the thread

I'd take that in a heartbeat. I do that every day for free anyway :(

I paid a friend £14 to snort two lines of sherbet, he was a very clean cut guy who would never touch drugs, so i thought it would have some hilariously weird effect on him.

Nope.

He just snorted two lines of sherbet and then had £14 of my money in his pocket.

I once crunched up and snorted mint-flavoured Fishermen's Friends. That was pretty grim.

• Upvote 1