aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Im just going to leave this here and carry on my day....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19463788

I was looking at the Bristol City forums a few weeks ago. He seems to be reasonably well liked around there and had a solid first season. Pretty much the same observations from the Bristol fans: fast as fuck, committed, good at marking wingers but poor distribution. Pleased to see him get a call up.

Obviously I'd far rather see Jack called up. He's a really good player, and getting called up to the Scotland squad is exactly the sort of thing that could take him to the next level. Or make it more disappointing when he becomes lazy in his early 20s and doesn't reach his potential. By the sounds of things, and by the way Craig Brown describes his temprament, that aint going to happen though. Is he not the U21s captain?

I just find it incredible that he plays and captains Aberdeen for most of a season and doesnt even get a look from Levien, suddenly now he is playing in the championship he is suddenly good enough. Madness. Where the hell is Kevin McNaughton? He has been a star for Cardiff for years now, why is he never given the chance?

• Upvote 1

He is. He really is. The Scottish National Team seems to be following a very worrying pattern recently, he names his squad, half the players pull out and he has to replace them with low-level players who just aren't good enough. He really does have a tough job in that sense, but he is still an absolute fanny and I find it difficult to support a Scotland team he's in charge of. I'm not a huge Scotland fan anyway, I watch the qualifiers but meaningless friendlies and pointless tournaments be damned.

He is. He really is. The Scottish National Team seems to be following a very worrying pattern recently, he names his squad, half the players pull out and he has to replace them with low-level players who just aren't good enough. He really does have a tough job in that sense, but he is still an absolute fanny and I find it difficult to support a Scotland team he's in charge of. I'm not a huge Scotland fan anyway, I watch the qualifiers but meaningless friendlies and pointless tournaments be damned.

Well just suck it up son and get behind the team! Rhodes is going to score 8 goals in the next two games. Any ball into the box, doesn't have to be good. BANG.

I've got my ridiculous and unfounded 'Scotland are going to be amazing' head on again. It's really not healthy, I just can't help it.

I dunno, Steven Hammell? Mark Reynolds? Even Ryan Jack would be a decent shout.

Don't get me wrong here - I thought he did pretty well at Aberdeen, but would probably rather have Lee Wallace in the Scotland squad. I know he's in Div3, but he's twice the player Foster is.

90 pace on FIFA. cannae be wrong.

it's quickly becoming a cliche but what a team Belgium have. Just look at that teamsheet!! I expect a lot of banal musings from pundits about them being quiet favourites for the next two years. They're gonna be in danger of becoming the Columbia 94 squad of Brazil 14. Let's hope noone gets shot this time over an oggy.

• 01 Courtois
  • 02 G Gillet Booked
  • 03 Vermaelen
  • 04 Kompany
  • 05 Vertonghen Booked
  • 06 Witsel
  • 08 Fellaini
  • 10 Hazard
  • 11 Mertens
  • 07 Dembele (De Bruyne - 64' )
  • 09 Mirallas (Lukaku - 45' )