aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Manchester City have signed Richard Wright. Not Falcao, Cavani or De Rossi. Richard Wright.

I actually think it's a smart move. Hart is unstoppable, but when he's rested, they've only got young Pantilimon who looks a bit ropey, though he's still young for a goalkeeper. Bit of experience for the Carling/FA Cup games or whatever could be pretty handy. Not a bad option to have to go on and be your teams goalkeeping coach either. Perhaps that enormous Romanian lad can go on a loan to get some games and experience.

Awful. I don't think I've ever seen someone out in public in a full kit. Last year while playing 5s at Goals with a bunch of fat wheezy cloggers from work, one of the IT guys turned up in a full Dundee United kit. Then proceeded to run fucking rings around everyone. Turns out he was on their books as a kid. Boy could play some. Somehow I scored a shitload of goals that day, which, if anyone remembers my performance in the Aberdeen Music kickabouts, will tell you how bad everyone else was.

So Carroll is officially off to West Ham. That's pretty embarrassing for Liverplol sending your all time record signing off on loan...

Also Carroll will be in my Fantasy football team at some point when he's fit. West Ham. Big Sam. LUMP IT FORWARD TO ANDY LADS!

PHEW. What a huge fucking relief.

• Upvote 1

Aston Villa have a £7m bid for Clint Dempsey accepted. Really odd thing, this Dempsey situation. Unsure why he's desperate to leave Fulham, unless it's just to give him a fatter wedge. Would understand a move to a 'bigger' club, but definitely has more chance of success in this current Fulham team IMO.

Would suit a move to Everton, actually, if they could find the funds. Might be the player they need to turn a Europa League chase into a Champions League one.

• Upvote 1

I keep laughing at the thought of Andy Carroll playing under Sam Allardyce. It's going to be hilarious to watch.

I'm giving Brendan Rodgers until the beginning of December before he's sacked.

I think he'll get this season, finished 11th, start next season just as badly and get punted then.

And yeah. West Ham are going to be unwatchable.

I don't care where he moves as long as he moves somewhere and it's in the Premier League. The fantasy league I'm in at work doesn't allow transfers or subs so he's just an empty space in my team right now!

Sounds like Liverpool basically came out in the summer and said they wanted Dempsey, even got some Liverpool papers to say they'd signed him already. Jol asked him if he still wanted to play for Fulham (stupid question) and Dempsey said no so he got dropped. Liverpool hadn't even put a bid in for him. Pretty disgraceful way for a club to behave and now it looks like Dempsey has no choice but to move sideways to another mid-table team.

Van der Vaart isn't going to fit into an AVB team. He was happy at Spurs when Redknapp was in charge because he didn't have to do any hard work in training and there was no tactical discipline required on game day. It's not like that anymore so he's probably better off out than in. It'd be nice if all these moves mean that Giovanni Dos Santos gets some game time for them. He's a damn fine player.

Aberdeen say they're not doing any business today. Ryan Stevenson has re-signed for Hearts only 6 months after he quit when they didn't pay him. Oh and Rangers have offered less than a million for David Templeton and Ryan McGowan. Sounds like they still think they're the Rangers of old and can get away with derisory public offers knowing the players will request a move when it's rejected.