aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Bebe wasn't that bad, I didn't think. I've definitely seen him play worse.

Jesus. Really? He was fucking garbage. Lumbered around with no first touch and no pace. Just seemed to pass it back to the midfield every time it came to him and never looked like getting into a position to score until the combined age of our defence was well into triple figures.

He's definitely been worse. Against Barnsley in the Carling Cup he was doing these stepovers which he then fumbled the ball into a defender or out of play. It was uncomfortable to watch. Bebe seems reasonably quick, but he just offers nothing. But unlike every other time I've seen him, last night he managed to get crosses in to the box and a few balls along the ground. Definitely better than any other time I've seen him. He's usually the worst player on earth.

You're right overall though. He's terrible, and shouldn't ever get close to being in the first team. Probably just making numbers up as everyone else was away on international duty.

Sky Sports are reporting that Modric is going to sign for Madrid for 23.5 million??

That's some shrewd business by Levy, turned down 40 million last summer to keep him. At least that helped them get Champions League back... oh.

So now Spurs really need a creative midfielder and at least one striker as the only senior striker they have on the books is Defoe.

Madness.

Sky Sports are reporting that Modric is going to sign for Madrid for 23.5 million??

That's some shrewd business by Levy, turned down 40 million last summer to keep him. At least that helped them get Champions League back... oh.

So now Spurs really need a creative midfielder and at least one striker as the only senior striker they have on the books is Defoe.

Madness.

It'll be a fair bit more than that.

Bear in mind there is still Sigurdsson, VDV and The Hudd as creative midfielders, but i reckon there will be another added. Kane and probably Coulibaly will make the step up from the juniors this year by the sounds of it, both have been scoring for fun in friendlies in pre-season but we need a physical striker up front as those boys and Defoe are all pretty lightweight.

Expect some more business from Spurs in the next two weeks. We're not short of money.

Vurnon Anita looks likely to sign for Newcastle from Ajax today or tomorrow. He's undergoing his medical at the moment. I'm pretty pleased with this one: sounds like a busy, athletic holding midfielder who can also play as a left-back. I fancy him to take Jonas' place in the XI and play alongside Tiote behind Cabaye, who'll sit in the hole behind a front three of Cisse, Ba and Ben Arfa.

Pretty good front six. Shitloads of movement there, which is very pleasing. If we can get a shit-kicking CB to partner Captain Colo and a new RB to replace that useless shitebag Simpson I'll be feeling pretty optimistic about our season. A back-up striker would be decent-ish too, but that'd mean less Shola. That's the last thing I want.

What happened to that French RB going to Newcastle? He looked the bollocks at the Euros.

We bid 4m, rejected. 5m, rejected. 6m, rejected. Lille president is holding out for 7-8m. He's apparently desperate to join us as Cabaye, his best mate, has done some convincing. Lille have announced that they "won't sell" but I fancy us to up our bid and get him by the end of the window. RB is a massive problem position for us and signing Debuchy would improve us immensely. You know how strongly I feel about Simpson: he offers absolutely nothing and I'm sure Ben Arfa will be delighted having a confident player behind him.

We bid 4m, rejected. 5m, rejected. 6m, rejected. Lille president is holding out for 7-8m. He's apparently desperate to join us as Cabaye, his best mate, has done some convincing. Lille have announced that they "won't sell" but I fancy us to up our bid and get him by the end of the window. RB is a massive problem position for us and signing Debuchy would improve us immensely. You know how strongly I feel about Simpson: he offers absolutely nothing and I'm sure Ben Arfa will be delighted having a confident player behind him.

It's a shame he had such a good Euros. Probably would have been a bargain if business was wrapped up before the tournament, before everyone found out he was dead good.

It'll be a fair bit more than that.

Bear in mind there is still Sigurdsson, VDV and The Hudd as creative midfielders, but i reckon there will be another added. Kane and probably Coulibaly will make the step up from the juniors this year by the sounds of it, both have been scoring for fun in friendlies in pre-season but we need a physical striker up front as those boys and Defoe are all pretty lightweight.

Expect some more business from Spurs in the next two weeks. We're not short of money.

Sky was saying add ons up to a further 4 million but that does sound low. I'm looking forward to seeing the Hudd come back he's a good player. Sigurdsson looked good last year too.

You can't really rely on the juniors stepping up, they might but it's a big risk.

Strikers is a must Adebayor if that fiasco works itself out and one other I'd say.

It's a shame he had such a good Euros. Probably would have been a bargain if business was wrapped up before the tournament, before everyone found out he was dead good.

Yeah, I imagine Lille are holding out for a bigger offer from a bigger club but I do believe we'll sign him. I like that we're not pandering to their hardball tactics, though. Ashley is quality at negotiating.

Agent: My client would like 60k-a-week and I require a £300k fee for my services.

Ashley: How about I give him 30k and you fuck all?

Allegedly.

We've got a contingency plan in place: last week we had a covert bid accepted for Gregory van der Wiel but he rejected the move. I suspect he'll go to a bigger club. I'm glad that the regime have recognised this weak link in our XI, though. It's a shame they weren't around back in the day, otherwise I wouldn't have had to endure four years of Stephen fucking Carr.

Sky was saying add ons up to a further 4 million but that does sound low. I'm looking forward to seeing the Hudd come back he's a good player. Sigurdsson looked good last year too.

You can't really rely on the juniors stepping up, they might but it's a big risk.

Strikers is a must Adebayor if that fiasco works itself out and one other I'd say.

I'm pretty sure there will be a striker added and Defoe won't leave, i don't think it'll be Adebayor now though. We could easily pay Adebayor's wages but it blows wage structures out of the water and i don't think Levy is interested in that. Sigurdsson can play as a striker too and i'm confident that Kane will make a competant squad player and if Coulibaly develops the way he looks like he might he'll be a quality striker. I'd like Llorente at Spurs and i think we'd be in with a shout to get him.

The Hudd has always been underrated, quality distribution and a beast of a right foot. Slow as fuck but you can't have everything i suppose.

I think Fergie wants RVP just to piss Wenger off! Talksport were banging on about this new youngster Man U have signed and their South American football expert reckons he's the dogs bollocks but is not sure if he's ready for the bruising realities of a Tuesday night at Wigan. Shitola didn't even realize Bebe was still at the club!

Decent enough start to the campaign for Cambridge - an away draw at bogie ground Forest Green Rovers (90th min pen for them thats how much of a bogie ground that fucking place is) and a hard-fought home win against Lincoln last night. Fuck me one of our strikers has 2 in 2... this is most unusual in murky world of Cambridge United. No doubt he won't score for 20 games now...

BBC sport twitter account has just said that RVP to Manyoo for 24million. 4 year deal medical to happen before the weekend.

Bah I don't really want him still in the EPL but 24 million isn't to be sniffed at. I really hope it gets re invested in the squad though.

EDIT: Oh and it's on the Manyoo website too apparantly. http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2012/Aug/manchester-united-agree-deal-for-robin-van-persie.aspx

I'm pretty sure there will be a striker added and Defoe won't leave, i don't think it'll be Adebayor now though. We could easily pay Adebayor's wages but it blows wage structures out of the water and i don't think Levy is interested in that. Sigurdsson can play as a striker too and i'm confident that Kane will make a competant squad player and if Coulibaly develops the way he looks like he might he'll be a quality striker. I'd like Llorente at Spurs and i think we'd be in with a shout to get him.

The Hudd has always been underrated, quality distribution and a beast of a right foot. Slow as fuck but you can't have everything i suppose.

Llorente has apparently agreed to move to Juventus. Starting point for the transfer fee negotiations is apparently 16m, but I imagine that will increase.

Agree on Huddlestone. Quality player. I'm surprised he hasn't been in the spotlight more, though. Has he been injured?

Llorente has apparently agreed to move to Juventus. Starting point for the transfer fee negotiations is apparently 16m, but I imagine that will increase.

Agree on Huddlestone. Quality player. I'm surprised he hasn't been in the spotlight more, though. Has he been injured?

I'll take your work on the Llorente thing seen as though you keep your nose in Italian football more than i do.

Aye, The Hudd missed pretty much all of last season with ankle/knee problems. He's back though, by jingo he's back!!!!