aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

No asterisks?!?!

The perils of drunk posting!

(To clarify the previous post, a few Montrose regulars tend to have one random away trip per year down south, Whitby Town is being touted for this year. Criteria mainly includes diddy towns with a truckload of pubs...)

tumblr_m656lvXrot1rsl4wxo2_500.gif

Can't believe Italy missed so many chances but at least we got to see that piece of brilliance. I do wonder what the scoreline in the Germany match would be had England gone through. Could have been even worse than the WC2010 result if they kept that standard of performance up!

Hibs have released a statement saying they're voting no to Rangers. Which is nice.

Various players have now objected to transfering across proving that they do walk away after all. Meanwhile Charles Green has said he'll pursue legal actions against any player who leaves and any club that signs them. This is depsite TUPE legislation saying the employee has the option to refuse to transfer.

Thats the thing, Rangers will be relegated, no question on that now, and none of these players will stay anyway, so Green is annoyed he is losing out on sale value, not the players. That was one of the points about this that stuck with me, Rangers fold as a company, shed all debts, yet are able to transfer and sell about £20m worth of players as a new club and basically start off with no squad but a shit load of money in the bank?

He hasnt got a leg to stand on, and i highly doubt he has the money to fight the PFA in court, not that he would have any chance of winning anyway, these players have got very highly paid footballing lawyers looking after them, these guys dont tend to make many mistakes when it comes to these sorts of things. They will have looked at every possible side of the argument before advising their players on their position. Green has bought himself a dead weight sinking in a deep ocean, im sure he thought he could come in and make a good quick buck buying the club for peanuts, liquidating it, then flogging the assets before leaving with a few mil in his pocket. He will be lucky to have 11 players by the end of the week. A stadium he cant sell because its listed property and a training complex that can only be used as green belt, cannot build houses or anything else on Murray Park.

Adrian 'I wank over England night and day' Durham of Talksport has just tweeted this... "It's like a qualifier. When the Germans meet a real team like England in the semis they'll get a shock"

God I despise that man, what a tool.

Happy to see his prediction has come true. GIRFUY!

I don't mind England at all, just the bloody media. They were woeful last night.

England were toss. They've been toss in every game, but had alot of luck and have defended well, except for those two Sweden goals. There was a spell in the first half - which Lineker laughably said we "dominated" - where we gave as good as we got. Good movement and some good chances from both teams in that 20 minute spell. End to end stuff. Then we let Pirlo walk around with the ball doing whatever he wanted for the rest of the 2 hours. Nobody tracking him, or even getting near him. All it would have taken as someone to stay within a few yards of him to limit his options, but we just cowered away everytime he got the ball. Great player, but he could have been stopped. They should have done what Ji Sung Park did at the San Siro a few years back, where he esentially just piggy-packed him for the whole game. He barely got a touch of the ball then, because he got fucking PARK'd. They'd pass to Pirlo, and out popped Park from underneath Pirlo's shirt and nicked the ball away. Shut down.

Ashley Young and James Milner seem to be baring the brunt of the criticism, which is a little harsh, and Gerrard is being spoken of like he is the second coming of jesus. Fuck off. The midfield sitting so deep and leaving a massive gap between attack and defence gave Young and Milner no options. We couldn't gradually build possession up the pitch because the midfield chose not to pass and move. Gerrard or Parker would pass the ball out wide or to the forwards and just stand still. The wingers and forwards were then tackled because there was nobody to pass to, and it was backs to the wall again. Gerrard';s delivery into the box was excellent, but if he's going to play so deep and not constantly make himself available when he passes the ball, then what's the point? pass and move. It's not difficult. We were ran rings around by Ukraine and Sweden because at least they pass and then subsequently move. We just stayed in banks of 4 and hoofed it to Welbeck or Carroll. Sunday league stuff. Grim.

It's alright though, because by the time 2014 rolls around, Oxlade Chamberlain will have won the Ballon d'Or, Wilshere will have bionic limbs and Gary Neville will be coach. Gonna win it.

I was surprise he didnt whip Rooney and Young instead of Welbeck and Milner. Welbeck at least did something in the game, Rooney may as well have not been there, did not look fit or interested at all. Young had a poor game, and Italy knew they would get some luck going down that side and they attacked it constantly, first game for a while ive seen Cashley struggle. Milner was at least working his socks off although he wasnt making much headway. I dont get the whole "Terry was immense" that i keep reading, if im not mistaken England were caught out time and time again by balls over the top of his head, Italy should have scored 2/3 during normal time alone. The defense wasnt great last night, not at all. Parker was also shown to be the limited player he is, i love the guy, you will not get a more honest player, but in terms of quality he is no where near the level of players he was up against.

Hart is the only real shinning light for England right now, If Wilshire gets fit again he will be a great player and when the Ox comes of age he could be great, but right now those three are the only 3 you could see making a big impact on international football by the next world cup.

Hart is the only real shinning light for England right now, If Wilshire gets fit again he will be a great player and when the Ox comes of age he could be great, but right now those three are the only 3 you could see making a big impact on international football by the next world cup.

Hart didn't look great last night. Parried a lot of shots into dangerous areas and his distribution was poor.

Could yet be the 1st division if what is being written is true. But surely that would cause as much an upset as the Newco getting into the SPL would have?

At the end of the day Rangers no longer exist, there will be no huge draw when they come to town as they will have no top players any more, its a new club and should be treated as such, 3rd division if they are accepted.

Is division 3 the bottom rung of the ladder? Is there no regional divisions?

Nope, junior football and highland league are separate bodies. Hence all the chat lately of calling for a merger in Scottish governing bodies and the introduction of a pyramid scheme.

Hart didn't look great last night. Parried a lot of shots into dangerous areas and his distribution was poor.

He was a bit iffy last night in a few instances (though so was Buffon!) though he didn't concede, and that's what is important. He was good at clamping down on the threat of high balls coming in over the defenders. His starting position is always excellent. Definitely a world glass net minder. He'll only get better too. Ashley Cole is great too. Not many better than him.

Other than that, there's nobody else who can be considered a world class player. Wayne Rooney does the business at club level and is one of the best strikers in the Premier League, but he's not had a good tournament since Euro 2004. Welbeck and Carroll will never be world class, though they'll dig in and try hard, and teams need those kinds of players. They were probably the two hardest working players for England in those 4 games. Wilshere could be a big hit if he wasn't made of glass. I would like to see how he does after a full season going into a tournament. It'll probably never happen though, the soft shit.

bloody hell so wish I'd stuck some money for England to lose in quarters on pens. One saving grace for England is they were spared an absolute hammering by the Germans in the semi! I was surprised how Italy dominated the game, apart from the opening 20 mins. England were absolutely woeful and got what they deserved. They just need to be thankful the Italians left their shooting boots at home cos on another day they could have scored five or six.

Still gives something for Talksport to moan about all week as I drive me postie van. It is the media who ruin it for England, media coverage of the tournament has been particularly poor I feel. Anyone listened to talksport commentary! Stan Collymore is so unprofessional as a co-commentator its laughable. Makes Danny Mills look good, that's how bad he is yet they think he's their number one. Whenever England score he just screams the player name at a ridiculous level. He should have stuck to shagging Ulrika ka ka ka....

He was a bit iffy last night in a few instances (though so was Buffon!) though he didn't concede, and that's what is important. He was good at clamping down on the threat of high balls coming in over the defenders. His starting position is always excellent. Definitely a world glass net minder. He'll only get better too. Ashley Cole is great too. Not many better than him.

He was caught in total no mans land on one of the long balls. The one which Balotelli latched on to but had his shot blocked by Terry i think. It's like he wanted to get lobbed.

I didnt think he had a dodgy game at all, he delt with almost every ball into his box, and his distribution was always going to be suspect as england had no one over the half way line for most of the game for him to aim for. He had a good tournament to be honest, solid, good handling, good communication, easily Englands best player. The only player you could say is a top international player for England.

Pirlo last night man, good lord. You simply cannot shut that man down any more. He's better at 33 than he ever has been, in my humble. There are ways (immensely sacrificial ways) to deal with him, but I don't think getting somebody to shadow him would've made much of a difference (as has been suggested quite a few times). England were silly to let him potter around, but he's so good at skinning players with the slightest touch or dink. Get too close and he's going to take it past you, stand too far off and he's going to thread the ball through the eye of a needle. Great player, and his positioning is sublime too. A lot of the time it looks like opposing midfielders are giving him loads of space purely because he's such a smart footballer.

Cool man-crush, bro.