aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

It'd be good for the Division 3 teams. They'd get a nice attendance boost for a couple of games next season.

And they'd probably be on the telly all the time. Remember when Newcastle were in the Championship? They had more league games televised than every Premier League team other than United and Chelsea that season.

SPL clubs need to weigh up the loss of revenue from Govan Athletic being in the 3rd division, against the probable greater loss of revenue caused by thousands of fans refusing to renew season tickets because those cheating cunts have been let off scot free.

A couple of thousand of fans missing from every game through fan apathy should cause far more alarm to chairmen than a few thousand Hun fans missing from every 11th game.

I'd love if they were re-named Govan Athletic.

In non-Euro news, Nick Powell has signed for Manchester United. Undisclosed fee but rumour has it it's around the £6million mark. Don't see it being that much, surely.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1097217/manchester-united-seal-deal-for-crewe's-nick-powel?cc=3436

The impression i got was that it was £2-3m upfront and the rest was performance related add-ons. He's a cracking prospect like.

The impression i got was that it was £2-3m upfront and the rest was performance related add-ons. He's a cracking prospect like.

Aye, I quoted 6 from a quick google. That seems more likely though, I think a wee club like Crewe would leap at even just the £2m.

That's what the Manc Evening News said a couple of days ago. Crewe will get an additional £4.5 millions based on appearance/performance add-ons. He was originally going to go back on loan to Crewe, but Crewe have actually said they don't want him, and they would rather build for the future by finding his replacement immediately. Massive respect for that. Crewe are a great club. It takes a massive set of bollocks to turn down taking a talented player on loan like that.

Good signing. He's better than Eden Izzard or whoever, the cocky shite. Hopefully he'll be loaned out to a good team, perhaps a team slogging away towards the top of the Championship, where he'll get plenty of games and also lots of attacking opportunities.

Aye, I quoted 6 from a quick google. That seems more likely though, I think a wee club like Crewe would leap at even just the £2m.

If he's handled correctly training-wise/game time he's potentially the midfield architect that Man United have been missing for the past few years.

• Upvote 1

Good signing. He's better than Eden Izzard or whoever, the cocky shite. Hopefully he'll be loaned out to a good team, perhaps a team slogging away towards the top of the Championship, where he'll get plenty of games and also lots of attacking opportunities.

If he fancies a year at 'boro I'm sure he'd get a run out. There was talk of us getting Will Keane on loan for the year before he knacked himself last month so it's not a completely crazy idea.

I don't really care for much football coverage other than the very likeable Martin Tyler, but that's because all he does is commentate. He tells you who is on the ball and who has scored the goals. He crops up with interesting bits of information too. He doesn't delve into opinion or any sort of bias. Wonderful man. Gary Neville and Lee Dixon are good too. Everyone else can go to hell.

I'd genuinely rather watch football with no commentary and no analysis. At half time, the camera should pan around the ground zooming in on beautiful ladies, crying children and other amusing things. Instead of commentary, the sound of the crowd should be jacked right up, so we can hear the witty and offensive chants and also when they tell the referee to fuck off.

Is there actually a person in the world who likes ITV football coverage?

Normally it's the worst ever but I do like Gordon Strachan's dry as a bone sarcasm. The best one recently was when they were discussing Spain setting up without a striker and Adrian Chiles asked him "Did you ever try that at Coventry or Southampton?" to which he sighed "No...it just looked that way". He followed this with a rambled comment about the Spain team being so relaxed because they all "go to bed at 3pm and take 12 hours to play a round of golf". Lovely stuff.

• Upvote 1