aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

I bought Wasteland 2 and it's so good.

Pretty much Fallout 1/2.

Still learning CS GO, I can shoot marginally more dudes.

I got Wasteland 2 as a work prize. Also got Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Evil Within, Civ: Beyond Earth, Heavy Bullets, Broforce, The Talos Principle, The Banner Saga, Always Sometimes Monsters, Gauntlet, Gods Will Be Watching, Luftrausers, Hammerwatch, Serious Sam 3: BFE & TowerFall Ascension. No fucking clue when I'm going to play them all.

• 2 months later...

I've been spending my time focusing on completing GTA V 100%. But it's taking me forever because I'm acting out their lives.

I picked Deathwish. This means I have 3 lives to play* out until they end (i.e. the next GTA comes out)
I'm doing all the races with Franklin. He also bought loads of businesses. I'm making him a little unwise with his money. He'll be skint with buying and crashing helicopters looking for UFO pieces around the map. He's slowly going insane.
Trevor, after his mother leaving*, is a bit of a hermit at the moment (i haven't played as him since completion) but he'll continue working with TPI and going around on rampages. 
Michael bought all the cinemas, and the golf course. He spends the rest of his time playing tennis or golf. He looks after his businesses too. Whereas franklin has let a few of his bars be broken in to.
He also now, for some stupid reason, is swimming about looking for submarine bits. Fanny.

*if that's a spoiler, well that's on you for not completing a game that came out that long ago. Next you'll be saying you didn't know Naked Snake is Liquid Snake's dad. Or that you think Bruce Willis isn't a ghost.

• 6 months later...

Been playing Dying Light a lot, after battering through the Deadpool game. Both excellent, but Dying Light is a really amazing game. The Day/Night mechanics create two totally separate atmospheres to explore in, the missions are fun (if repetitive) and the controls are really intuitive once you get used to them.

xx

• 5 months later...

Fell out with Fallout 4 after about 20 hours. Just wasn't getting engaged enough. Will go back and complete the main story line soon enough but have no desire to launch it just now.

Been grinding through Mad Max something rotten. Its great. Repetitive as fuck, but there's something about driving the Magnum Opus and beating the fuck our of warboys that is just awesome.

Also playing alot of Rocket League and BF4. 

It took me about 20 hours to realize there was an actual 'main story' to even do. I was nobbin about doing all the side quests thinking I was completing the game. Still, at least it boosted my character's XP/perks like a mother fucker to the point the main story has been a breeze.

I'm at the bit where I'm in the castle with a shit ton of synths and it's just a case of shoot shoot shoot... quicksave... shoot shoot shoot. It's getting a bit boring but i've come so far i'll batter through. Great game in general though. I'd never played a fallout game before so can't compare but from what i've seen/read the setllement building is a great addition.

Noob question... can I buy most games via the playstation store? i.e. no need to buy physical copies these days?

1 hour ago, ca_gere said:

I'd never played a fallout game before so can't compare but from what i've seen/read the setllement building is a great addition.

See, I played 3 and New Vegas, and (not same franchise but very similar sort of game) Skyrim. And I got sucked into all of them. But something about Fallout 4 just doesn't sit with me. I can't get as engrossed in my character like I did in previous ones. Most likely cos of the backstory. I'll go back to it eventually, but for now I'm much more into other games.

I have no patience and skip through every cut scene/big of dialogue. I don't think the story is anything to write home about.

the entire game mechanics are great though. The endless mods and things you can do in combination with your perks has been pretty awesome. E.g. Building up your charisma so high you can just tell folk to stop shooting at you.

the combat engine is pretty great too. How different guns have different effects and how ammo is scarce but you can sacrifice certain items to get more.

i pretty much love it basically. I'm the most casual of gamers and find most open world games far too boring/vast for me to get into but this one is different. After a couple of hours I was locked in

• Upvote 1

I tried both 3 and new Vegas. Too much on offer to do and I didn't really understand the rpg elements. Exploring? Nahh.

witcher 3 changed all that. So fallout 4 I played it for a long while before even tackling the story too. I've watched enough Easter egg videos to have spoiled the story for myself but I'm still really enjoying it. I love lookinge at skeletons and trying to figure out how they died.

whens the next big sale event? I need a 1tb console now.

21 hours ago, Teabags said:

453B9ECD20F8872D04CEDD84236C1DBB39A97139
8B464D3A90CCBCFFE9F2AB0B3C751400F40529EC

With names like Rim Jobbie and PubeTubes Mad Max definitely appeals to my sense of humour.

Oh, also the Deadpool game. Finished that and it was fucking awesome. The gameplay is nothing too special, but the humour is amazing. Funniest game since Portal.

I really enjoyed mad max but wasn't enticed to keep playing after completing the story.

assassins creed syndicate did however. Need to finish the free dlc and get the Jack the Ripper add on.

anyone know how to replace your ps4 hard drive? Had to delete battlefront to make way for the 9gb blops update. Just so I can shout at the other half for not covering me.