aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded Forza Horizon for 360 when it was free last month. Great, great game. Got a bit obsessed with it, up to 97% complete. Aiming to box that off to 100% tonight then I'll pick up Forza Horizon 2 soon and hopefully that will keep me occupied until 3 comes down in price a bit. 

Bought Arkham Knight for XBox One over the weekend, played through the other two in the trilogy and really enjoyed them so hopefully it's a good finale. Mrs Lemonade  bought Lego Batman Beyond Gotham for us both to play together so that will be us for the next couple months. She's balls deep into Skyrim at the moment so we have a weird little set up where we sit next to each other on the sofa playing two separate consoles and don't talk. Marriage. 

• 4 weeks later...

Completed Mafia 3. It was great. I saw a lot of people saying the gameplay was repetitive, but that didn't bother me. It's very much like the game play of Assassins Creed Syndicate. Take down small things, take down small bosses, beat the big boss, take over that part of the city. Repeat until end. But the story made it all okay. And the way the story was portrayed - it was like a documentary, people now talking about what Lincoln Clay got up to. The ending was amazing. It crashed every few hours and some of the glitches were annoying as fuck, but that shows how great the story was that I kept with it. I enjoyed NMS but the crashes have made me not want to put it back on since the first week of playing.

Really enjoyed FIFA 17's The Jouney. Some of the dialogue options were naff. Really cringey. And the fact they didn't get managers to do voice acting meant the lead coach did all the talking while the manager just stood there looking gormless. But the overall story was fun. I'm hoping they implement a story to your own player character next year, instead of just playing as Alex Hunter again. The attitude scale seemed utterly pointless. You still got enough followers for sponsorships even if you were cool (which loses you some followers for every thousand or so you gain) and the sponsorships seemed to not gain you any money. Best career mode EA have done will always be on Tiger Woods PGA Tour. Real choice. No story, but you got to make real choices that seemed to matter.

Played GTA Online again. Joined a race, guy got out his car and sniped me coming round corners. Took me about half an hour to finish the race. I came first though. Just had to dodge his bullets and kill him every once in a while.

Rumble mode on Rocket League is fantastic. Best upgrade to the game. Never playing the vanilla version again.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ca_gere said:

That sounds interesting. I assume it'll make it's way to PS4 at some point.

I need a new game. Haven't used my playstation for anything other than netflix for a while. Since finishing Last Of Us about 3 months ago. 

Is Mafia 3 worth a punt?

I loved it. Gameplay can get repetitive though. But the story keeps you there. 

52 minutes ago, Soda van Jerk said:

I played Skate all day, like I said I was gonna.

Turns out I'm utter shite at Skate. Fluked so many challenges, especially the ones where you have to land specific gaps.

Is there a knack to building up speed quickly in a bowl/half pipe? I'm particularly bad at that.

I used to love Skate. Hopefully Sony gets their backwards compatibility together soon. Might go buy it for ps3 though.

5 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Is there a knack to building up speed quickly in a bowl/half pipe? I'm particularly bad at that.

Use the right or left trigger to pump your way around the walls of the bowl. Only press it about halfway down and release as your exit a curve, then pump it halfway again. Make sense?

• Upvote 1

On 14/11/2016 at 11:42 PM, Teabags said:

Use the right or left trigger to pump your way around the walls of the bowl. Only press it about halfway down and release as your exit a curve, then pump it halfway again. Make sense?

It does. There was also a tutorial on it, but I skipped it, because tutorials are for suckers. 

I also never knew Jason Lee used to be pro. 

• 2 weeks later...

Doubles is definitely better for competitive play. But you can only play Rumble in 3 on 3 and you'll always get some dick on your team who doesn't take their turn in goals.

I got Infinite Warfare/MW remastered. Was down to £50 over Black Friday weekend. I'm not a massive fan of COD, but you don't get many split-screen online FPSs. I play MW, then chuck on IW for some splitscreen with the mrs. Means we can trade in the abortion that was BLOPS III

• 1 month later...

Been playing the Skyrim remaster. It's brilliant, and much the same as fallout every time i go to do a quest i end up further away from it than when i started because i go adventuring. 

Is there any overpowered weapons? A lot of caves and camps I've had to back out of 'cause I wasn't a high enough level, whereas in Fallout 4 I'd just take a Fat Man and nuke whoever was too powerful and collect stuff for future quests I had no right collecting.