aberdeen-music

What game are you currently playing?

Lemonade

What do you make of Fallout 4? It's probably the newer generation game (anything post ps2 I consider new) that i've gotten into the most. Took me far too long to realize the one guy will never stop giving you missions though. I spent maybe a month trying to complete the game not realizing this. Didn't bother going nuts with the settlements. I built too many rather than focussing on making a mega settlement but building things is a lot of fun. I will definitely play this game again from the start at some point.

On 2017-6-19 at 8:22 PM, ca_gere said:

What do you make of Fallout 4? It's probably the newer generation game (anything post ps2 I consider new) that i've gotten into the most. Took me far too long to realize the one guy will never stop giving you missions though. I spent maybe a month trying to complete the game not realizing this. Didn't bother going nuts with the settlements. I built too many rather than focussing on making a mega settlement but building things is a lot of fun. I will definitely play this game again from the start at some point.

I've only put a couple of hours into it so far but I'm enjoying the visuals and the atmosphere. My only complaint is that it's a little difficult to figure out for someone new to the series and there aren't many hints, you're kind of just left to figure the gameplay out. The combat is tricky (and not as satisfying as Skyrim) but specifically navigating the menus and stuff, and the building. I'm still not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be building and why. 

I had the exact same reaction. I was convinced this wasn't gonna be for me. Aiming and shooting too complicated, couldn't work the thing on your arm, wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing, etc. Give it some time. I've never played Skyrim but I can't see how you won't get into the shootin shit mechanics. It gets very satisfying once you get into the weapons. The exp level set up is really cool too. You can really mold your player to how you like to play. I went through a period of about 4 months where i'd watch youtube videos about fallout 4 tactics and stuff. Probably the lowest point in my life but fuck me, I loved that game.

Watch Dogs 2. I absolutely hated the original. The new one is streets ahead. But it does make all other Ubisoft franchises look shit. If they can overhaul and make Watch Dogs better, then why have Far Cry and Assassins Creed basically became Call Of Duty. Same shit, different setting, every single time.

Payday 2- older game and I've not played it since the first, great idea of the game and the robberies are great on it, I've got quite into playing it and spent a lot of time doing so just a few wee things that annoys me;

weapon customisation- you can't just buy mods ($28,000) for a mod is ridiculous but not only that you have to unlock it then buy it, and do the same for every single mod on each weapon. 

The AI's are the usual crap, basically storm troopers when it comes to shooting, glitch a lot and always get taken into custody by the police, only good thing is they are good for reviving. 

The payouts at the end can be kinda gash and not worth it unless you do like a 3 day mission with paid out $600,000 buy then you only walk away with $150,000. 

The offshore account is bullshit.

its a time consuming game but can be quite fun if you get a good team online

16 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

Does anybody use one of the more recent incarnations of the Nintendo DS (2DS, 3DS etc) as an emulator for old 16bit console games.

If yes, tell me all about it and how easy it is to do.

We still use our old DSi to play emulators and when I looked into the newer versions it seemed like it might be a bit of a ball-ache.

That was a while ago though so I guess people have worked out an easier method by now. Look for homebrew cards that use micro SD and I'm sure there'll be guides etc.  I don't want to post any links in case it's deemed inappropriate.

Edited by Mac Atom
  • Upvote 1

Anyone played Dead Cells?

Great fun smashing baddies to bits, but frustrating as all hell. When you're dead, you're dead. Back to the start, and the levels generate randomly, so you can't master a level and retrace your steps. Nails. Rewarding and punishing in equal measure. Feels quite similar to Hyper Light Drifter, in a "what the fuck is even going on?" kind of way.

Also got Transistor, Bastion and Brigador in the Steam Sale, even though I still have games from the last Steam Sale I haven't played yet. Fuuu.

18 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

even though I still have games from the last Steam Sale I haven't played yet. Fuuu.

This is the bloke from my works account...

3LTPuz8.jpg

I boguth Euro Truck Simulator 2. And it's chill as fuck. Reversing a trailer into a spot first time after a 200km drive without any speeding fines is great. Fuck games, I'm a Dutch trucker now.

• Upvote 3

I got this from CeX online for like £30 - figured if I hated it I'd flog it on and if I liked the idea but not this model specifically I'd part exchange against an orbweaver or something. It's definitely worth trying IMO. Saves keyboard space and the GOOD keys are amazingly ergonomic. The keypad on this one specifically is pretty big, so the keys at the edge aren't useful for fast, reactive commands but are ideal for more cosmetic stuff. I thought it'd take ages to get used to but after a few hours I'm loving it already and not feeling any major impingement.

xx

Edited by Stroopy121

• 3 weeks later...

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, holy shit what a game. Still in Steam Early Access so it has bugs and needs a lot of optimisation/polish, but the concept of it is incredible. Some of the most intense fighting ever. In fact, most of the time I've been actively avoiding fighting, so when it happens its scaray as shit. Get it now in early access so it's half price, cos it's already worth it.

If you don't know what it is, the basics are: You jump out of a plane onto a 8x8km island with ~ 100 other players. None of you have equipment other than clothes. Scan the local buildings for guns and supplies. Then after a few minutes, a circle closes in that you have to be in. The circle gets progressively smaller the longer the game goes. Kill or be killed. Last one alive wins. Think Hunger Games/Battle Royal, but done way better than any previous attempts.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/578080/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS/

5 hours ago, Teabags said:

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, holy shit what a game. Still in Steam Early Access so it has bugs and needs a lot of optimisation/polish, but the concept of it is incredible. Some of the most intense fighting ever. In fact, most of the time I've been actively avoiding fighting, so when it happens its scaray as shit. Get it now in early access so it's half price, cos it's already worth it.

If you don't know what it is, the basics are: You jump out of a plane onto a 8x8km island with ~ 100 other players. None of you have equipment other than clothes. Scan the local buildings for guns and supplies. Then after a few minutes, a circle closes in that you have to be in. The circle gets progressively smaller the longer the game goes. Kill or be killed. Last one alive wins. Think Hunger Games/Battle Royal, but done way better than any previous attempts.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/578080/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS/

I'm really holding out hope for console release. If I could, I'd build a PC for this game alone. But alas, I can't. So I'm really holding out hope for a console release.

Currently playing Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy. On to the 3rd game, my gf bought it on Friday. Everyone was complaining it was too hard, but to be fair I've never completed any of the games when they came out on PS1. So it's obviously not a massive jump in difficulty. I think it's people just not playing the game for so long and not remembering how hard it was, and how easy it eventually becomes after playing it for 2 days straight.