aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

I thought they stopped people doing that these days? The board refuses to accept the offer or something.

They won't let you release a player for nothing but they will allow you to accept piddly offers. At least it worked when I went for Schmelzer (sorry, everyone) for the price of a Co-Op meal deal.

I think he is working on more payment methods but its just paypal at the moment, its a bit of a grind it used to be completely free but the newest version he now wants a "donation" before you can really use it.

What a dick, ey? Good thing I have a Mac! smug.

Im not sure what the deal with that is really, the FAQ only touches on it

http://www.fmrte.com/licenses/license.php

Yes, you can use the same license key to activate FMRTE in two or three different computers that you own. Please note that if we detect that your keep has been shared, we'll add it to our blacklist.

One assumes that "that you own" = same IP, or something.

What a dick, ey? Good thing I have a Mac! smug.

Aye and no, he most likely has spent a shit load of time putting the thing together, i cant imagine its easy to make it and work out the bugs, but at the same time he is making money by writing a small amount of code that piggy backs off the game. I personally dont mind, i donated a while ago when it was free so i got my license as soon as he started this way of doing things, i didnt mind donating, but having to pay before you can do anything might have put me off.

Aye and no, he most likely has spent a shit load of time putting the thing together, i cant imagine its easy to make it and work out the bugs, but at the same time he is making money by writing a small amount of code that piggy backs off the game. I personally dont mind, i donated a while ago when it was free so i got my license as soon as he started this way of doing things, i didnt mind donating, but having to pay before you can do anything might have put me off.

Yeah, I know, I'm teasing for the most part. Although assuming everyone has Paypal is a bit dense, to be honest, but it's the easiest way.

LADS

How the fuck do I beat Barcelona?

I could play with 10 men behind the ball but I've tried being really defensive (against my ethos) and it doesn't work. I have a go at them, and at best it ends 5-1. I keep quitting the game in frustration and replaying it but now it's just an endless circle of sadness and I can't stand it.

Dont quit and replay!!! It will drive you round the bend completely, chances are things you have done in the lead up to the game, either press conferences, match pre and stuff have not put you in the best position for the game, remember the first bit of prep for your next game is the final team talk of the match before. Re-loading over and over is pointless because your constantly playing the same situation over and over, if you dont have it all right then you will constantly hit a brick wall.

Dont quit and replay!!! It will drive you round the bend completely, chances are things you have done in the lead up to the game, either press conferences, match pre and stuff have not put you in the best position for the game, remember the first bit of prep for your next game is the final team talk of the match before. Re-loading over and over is pointless because your constantly playing the same situation over and over, if you dont have it all right then you will constantly hit a brick wall.

Actually playing it over and over lead me to a quintuple with Chelsea. I'm really shit at this game.

Final of UEFA Champions League, we're playing Barca (obviously), we lose 4-0 or something (obviously). Quit game. Replay. Lose 3-1. Quit game. Replay. Lose 5-2. Quit game. Replay. Win 2-1 after ET. Result!

Actually playing it over and over lead me to a quintuple with Chelsea. I'm really shit at this game.

Final of UEFA Champions League, we're playing Barca (obviously), we lose 4-0 or something (obviously). Quit game. Replay. Lose 3-1. Quit game. Replay. Lose 5-2. Quit game. Replay. Win 2-1 after ET. Result!

Evil. Pure evil.

I only replay a match if I lose to Liverpool. I can take being beaten by anyone. Even City, or a lower league team in the cup, but I don't ever lose to Liverpool. Ever. I might make that rule even more stringent and quit and replay if I even concede a goal to Liverpool. Fucking horrid bin dippers. I always make snide comments about their manager too, or Jamie Carragher, to make sure I always have a horrid relationship with them. I've destroyed them twice now which resulted in their manager getting sacked the next day. Dalglish and Van Gaal are gone. They've now got Ancelotti. I always thought Carlo was a nice guy. He can't be if he's gone to manage Liverpool. Cretin.

I've only done it twice. Once because Liverpool were beating me, which is pretty justified really. Another because Hazard got injured, again, after only being back from a leg break for 5 games. Fuck you, cruel Football Manager scripting.

I've done it lots. And unashamedly so! I'm a bastard.

To be honest, what do I want to play - a game I thoroughly enjoy because I win all the time, or a game I only enjoy one game in seven?

Nah, I'm trying to rationalise cheating, never a good plan

finally succumbed and purchased it last week, runs pretty slow on my machine but enjoying it so far. As usual first game is with my beloved Cambridge United - first season was on verge of the sack, finished 15th in conference. admittedly nicked a tactic from the online forums as hopeless as creating my own tactics. vast improvement second season won the FA trophy and got to play off final losing to Fleetwood and third round of FA Cup (humped 7-0 away at Blackburn!), third season 18 games in got an 8 point cushion at the top of the league and in second round of FA Cup.

its a 4-4-2 system for weaker teams I found on the SI forums, will try and find a link to it, deffo works. I had a tactic I used for years but lost it so for the first season was using my own which was pretty frigging hopeless!

This is a link to the thread where I nicked it from, think you can view it without signing up (you may well be signed up anyways!)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292007-4-4-2-blitz