aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

I'm thoroughly enjoying my Man United game. I used to scoff at people who went as big teams, but I'm allowing myself the guilty pleasure for the time being. In 2018 now, my 4th season with United. Lost 0ut on winning my 3rd consecutive champions league to Real in the last season, so itching to set the record straight.

My team (I've reverted to classic 4-4-2):

De Gea

Walker, Vertonghen, Seidel (a 21 year old German CB who's already the best at the club), Xander Clark (English left back)

Valencia, Jones, Sigurdsson, Nani

Rooney, Neymar

Bench: Pereira (18 year old Portugese GK), Smalling, Jim Cameron (19 year old Scottish right back), Gourcuff, Fletcher, Jovetic, Niang)

That is correct: Jovetic and Niang are my back up to Rooney and Neymar. I've got a squad of 16-21 year olds ready and waiting to step into the first team, hence I want to see this through until the end of time.

I've also got a lad called Jason Austin who is a 19 year old target man. 18-20 for strength, heading and what not, pretty shit otherwise. He's keeping Rooney out of Big Sam's England team. Hilarious.

• Upvote 1

Real Madrid first season silliness/La Liga being shit:

league-1.jpg

That's right. I conceded 8 goals in the league. Only Barca (3), Valencia (2), Bilbao (1), and Atletico (2) scored goals past me. Nobody else did. Incidently, those teams are the only teams in the league with good strikers.

La Liga stats:

stats.jpg

Cavani nailed it. That's only La Liga too. He netted 70 goals in total in all competitions. Ridiculous.

God himself:

cavani.jpg

Ronaldo, Kaka, Ozil, Ramos, Marcelo, Alonso, Di Maria, Neymar, Khedira, Coentrao and Casillas were all injured for this game. It was a crisis. I didn't want to relinquish my unbeaten record, so I switched to 5-4-1, ultra defensive, counter attack. It worked:

bilbao.jpg

Close, but you're wrong. 20 should be a right back or OCCASIONALLY a centre mid depending on what kind of player they are.

1, 13, 30, 40, 50, etc for 'keepers.

NOPE. But my numbers are completely shit anyway, so. I'm pretty much the same as anyone else in terms of starting XI, but after the first eleven everything goes mental and I just number based on ability. I never give out the numbers 12 or 13 (fans are #12 of course, and #13 is just a crap number), and then I just sort by "ability" and number them down from 14 onwards. I usually do all the U19s as well, but I can't really do that in the La Liga.

#12 is always an important player for me, but can be any position really. I find my #12 changes every season, whereas I generally prefer to keep my squad numbers the same as when they are first assigned, unless I sell someone with a #2-#11. #12 often becomes a 2-11 when someone numbered #2-#11 move on. #13 is always a black centre forward. Keepers are almost always #1, #30 and #38 – but I have no idea why.

I might start a blog about squad numbers. That could work. Or we could all write a book collaboratively?

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

In the parrell universe of Aberdeen-music FM games I was having one last bash at 2012's offering.

Halfway through the season, deep in a battle to somehow elevate the reputation of Morecombe FC, I realised it was a lost cause.

The board refused to give me any money to spend on strengthening the squad but seemed to relish in flogging my best players to rival teams for half their worth.

It came to a head when an offer for Gary McDonald came in from Dun-fucking-dee. Fair play to Gary, he wanted to go home but I was desperate to keep him. I tried to offer him a new contract but the board would only allow me to offer him a worse contract than he was already on. Cunts. Gary was off home destined for mid-table SPL action and there was nothing I could do.

Sat alone in my office, half way through a bottle of Watson's rum, a sudden knock on the door caught me off guard.

It was Gary.

"Gaffer, this is my last night in Morecombe and I wondered if you fancied a couple of jars before I went."

"Let me get my coat." I couldn't resist. On the way out I posted my resignation under the Directors door.

We didn't fuck about. Straight down to the Carleton. Morecombe's premier nightclub.

12129789.jpg

We parked my navy blue Saab next to some scabby crimson Fiesta and fired inside.

The evening was a blur. Jager, Whisky, Peach schnapps, the lot.

When I came to I was in a bright red room. I looked to my left and there was some disgustingly over fake tanned fat lass lying next to me with very little on. "Fuuuuccckk" I thought to myself. At the end of the bed there was a figure painted on the wall. A proper scary fan potrait job. Complete with slightly askew face and strange looking eyes. I recognised the figure but couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then it clicked. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse.

Young+Steven+Gerrard.jpg

I was in Liverpool. Fuck. I quickly got dressed left the squalor of the flat I awoke in.

Walking briskly down the street in a desperate search for either a pub or a Gregg's I became aware of Liverpool's plight.

After Footsy Gambino had been annouced as the new manager of the club the fans were in uproar. He wasn't a former player and didn't appreciate the magic of the Kop. Furthermore he hadn't actually turned up for a single day of work. Opting to spend his days drinking gin by the pint and wishing he was the manager of Roma or Lazio.

I turned the corner and was suddenly surronded by maniacs with cameras and microphones.

"Are you here to take the newly opened Liverpool job?" Someone screamed in a piercing Scouse accent.

"I though Footsy was the new boy here?" I asked hazily.

"Is he fooock? greasy 'tailin dick head" A lad in a 94 AC milan top volleyed back.

I couldn't be bothered with this scouse nonesense.

"To be honest" I started "I just woke up next to some fat lass and I'm really needing a steak pie or a pint." I could see smiles appearing on their faces. "I'll happily talk about becoming Liverpool manager if somebody takes me to a Greggs or a fucking pub!"

"That pub across the road has just opened!" Someone cried.

I awoke in a doorway several hours later. I was wearing a Liverpool top and had a crumpled piece of paper in my hand. I knew what it was but I slowly flattened out the piece of paper. It was my contract. I was now the manger of Liverpool.

Fuck sake. I better call my Mum and let her know what a dissapointment I am.

liverpool-fan-crying.jpg

• Upvote 1

Season 2022/23 in my Arsenal > 1860 Munich > Celtic > Juventus FM2010 game. Wily old manager Ryan Simpson is now 43 years of age. Into my 4th season with Juve with differing results so far, 6th, 1st, 4th in the league with occasional trophies. This season I got off to a flyer and never seemed to stop. 27 games into the season I'm undefeated and only conceded 7 goals. Already got the European Super Cup, the Club World Championships and the Italian Cup in the bag. Serie A seems a formality. If I can defend my European Cup I'll be on an unprecedented Quintuple this season. I've already asked the board to expand the pisspot 45,000 seat stadium and they refused. If I get the quintuple I'll ask them one more time. They refuse again they can go fuck themselves. They don't want to match my ambitions, I'll go manage a club that does.

juve.jpg

Hands up if you love your boss.

juventus.jpg

• Upvote 1

My Liverpool hell is continuing.

Despite trying to be the worst manager ever I keep winning games. However there has been a few hiccups.

Cocky, money hungry racist Luis Suarez got wind Real Madrid wanted him. Then Man City emerged as rivals for his signature because they don't have enough strikers. Well he decided to just stop performing on the pitch. The transfer window was 2 months away and I had a striker who didn't score goals anymore. Bellmay started moaning too because he didn't get on with Suarez so he stopped playing well too. I was fucking furious. I realised though that once Suarez was on a plane to Spain most of my players would be glad to see the back of him. I realised I needed a scummy, self righteous prick to replace Suarez. Someone able to wind up Patrice Evra and the ability to be a grade a cunt. I couldn't think of anyone then I got an e-mail. "Rangers are reported to be struggling fianacially." Of course. Let's bulk up the squad with some hun bastards!

The transfer window couldn't come quickly enough. Suarez went to Madrid, I punted some youth players and landed Papac, McCulloch and Kyle 'scumbag' Lafferty from The Rangers Newco Football United FC and my worries vanished. That was until the board went fucking mental because they felt Lafferty was 'bad business'. Good I thought, the board will fire me and I can go back to managing League 2 teams where they don't managers with alcohol problems and a 60 a day fag habit.

First game with my new signings. Man Utd at Old Trafford. The devils were the firm bookies favourites and we destined to lose it seemed.

10 minutes in and something happened. Lafferty poaching deep in the area received a stunning long ball from McCulloch and proceeded to cockily chip the keeper. GOAL! Three minutes later De Gea was picking the ball out of the net again after Lafferty put his head to another long ball from McCulloch. Fucking hell whats going on here? Bellamy found his form and matched Lafferty's tally. At half time we were sitting proud at 4-0.

The 2nd half saw more of the same with Bellamy and Lafferty getting their hat-tricks and a 'freak' goal from McCulloch after he tried to put in a cross and it smashed in off the post. Lafferty also got a yellow for a horrific tackle on Evra that led to him being stretchered off. Transfer targets nailed. 7-0. What a game. It's now a few weeks since our 7-0 thrashing of Man Utd and we are back up to 3rd in the League chasing Blackburn???? for 2nd. Lafferty has scored at least 2 goals a game and the board are now pleased by the capture of Lafferty.

There I was thinking Lafferty was my ticket out of this scarlet shithole but I'm still stuck here watching helplessly as my team play like champions.

Fuck sake. At least I've got a bottle of wine to numb the pain.

_41187591_john.jpg

I finished my season undefeated, with Serie A, Italian Cup, Club World Championship and the European Super Cup all in the bag. The fucking European Cup got away from me though, I fucked up my tactics in the first leg of the QFs against Bayern Munich and got beat 2-0 at home. Turned them over 1-0 in Munich but couldn't get that second goal. Still, 4 trophies wasn't bad. I was about to go into the chairman's office and bring up the issue of stadium expansion again - 45,000 just doesn't cut it for a manager of my stature - when I got a memo saying they were building a new 65,000 seater stadium. Officially it's called "Juventus Stadium" but I think we all know what it will be known as. Simpson Stadium - it's got a nice ring to it.

Turned them over 1-0 in Munich but couldn't get that second goal.

Almost sounds like they were paid not to score. Typical Italians. Still undefeated in the leauge is an achievement! I hope you celebrated in a slightly more manly way than those pooves you posted a picture of on Saturday. Number 22 is SKIPPING!

The fans are loving my style and approach to my management of Liverpool F.C. I'm nearing the business end of the season and continental qualifaction will be secured if I win my next game which is against Arsenal then a four game run out against Stoke (H), Bolton (A), Wigan (H) and Wolves (H). Should be a done deal. Lafferty has fully embraced the scouse lifestyle. He's currently banned for picking up 4 yellow cards in 3 games. Evra is out for a couple of months with ligament damage because of him. Been a right diving shite bag as well. He's totally blended in as well.harryenfield-scousers.jpg

He's on the left. Probably the best signing I've ever made in FM. 38 apperances 46 goals 12 assists and 10 yellows and 1 red.

• 3 weeks later...