aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2012

Soda Jerk

If I bid for a player and there's not enough cash, Perez takes over the talks and just makes it happen anyway. Pretty sure I could bid £130million for John O'Shea, and he would make it so. Lunatic.

I manage Spurs (biggish team, not incredibly high expectations but a decent amount of cash) and Levy is never willing to push the boat out. Pretty depressing, missed out on Cavani and Tevez that way.

Levy runs a tight ship, the grippy bastard.

Totally bossing things with Madrid, so I thought it'd be a good time to promote Zinedine Zidane's son, Enzo Zidane, to the first team, whilst the rest of the team are strolling. He's only 16, and his stats aren't great, but he's Zidane's son, so he is either going to be a genius, or he's going to assault someone. I would be fine with either happening.

Urgh. Game crashed and I hadn't saved for a while. Had to go back to Christmas. On the plus side, at this point I have a 100% record. Played 18. Won 18. Going to try pretty hard to win every game and finish the season with a 100% record.

Edinson Cavani is just taking the piss, scoring goals for fun, from playing on the right wing too.

Yep, he just swooped World Player of the Year for me n'all. 70 goals in all competitions. Utter nonsense. Messi didn't even reach 20 goals in all competitions. Probably because he's shit. My massive bid for him must have unsettled him. I don't even want him anymore. I've got Cavani and Hernandez smashing goals in all over the place.

La Liga was boring anyway. After having to go back to a stage when I was undefeated due to a crash, the mission was to win the league with a 100% record. I did just that. Easy. I didn't even have to do anything apart from spend £180million on galactico strikers, and a couple of back up defenders. 4-2-4, all out attack, fluid, wide, direct, hard challenges. GOALS.

Also won the Spanish Cup and The Champions League. I beat City in the final. Tevez hat trick. HAVE IT.

It wasn't even fun. I thought managing Ronaldo would be great, but he wasn't even that good. Over the summer, I might just sell all the original Madrid players and build completely my own team, except for Casillas, because he is Mr Real Madrid. Ronaldo, Higuain, Ramos, Kaka, the lot can all go. Building a new team will be easy, as Perez just throws money at anyone I have a slight interest in. He took over the Cavani talks, paid £58million for him and is paying him £240K a week. Ludicrous.

I'll do screenshots of the relentless storm of success when I get home.

Yep, he just swooped World Player of the Year for me n'all. 70 goals in all competitions. Utter nonsense. Messi didn't even reach 20 goals in all competitions. Probably because he's shit. My massive bid for him must have unsettled him. I don't even want him anymore. I've got Cavani and Hernandez smashing goals in all over the place.

La Liga was boring anyway. After having to go back to a stage when I was undefeated due to a crash, the mission was to win the league with a 100% record. I did just that. Easy. I didn't even have to do anything apart from spend £180million on galactico strikers, and a couple of back up defenders. 4-2-4, all out attack, fluid, wide, direct, hard challenges. GOALS.

Also won the Spanish Cup and The Champions League. I beat City in the final. Tevez hat trick. HAVE IT.

It wasn't even fun. I thought managing Ronaldo would be great, but he wasn't even that good. Over the summer, I might just sell all the original Madrid players and build completely my own team, except for Casillas, because he is Mr Real Madrid. Ronaldo, Higuain, Ramos, Kaka, the lot can all go. Building a new team will be easy, as Perez just throws money at anyone I have a slight interest in. He took over the Cavani talks, paid £58million for him and is paying him £240K a week. Ludicrous.

I'll do screenshots of the relentless storm of success when I get home.

Yeah, it's games like this that can get pretty dull pretty fast.

Cavani is just so good it's not even funny. Lukaku also in a few years becomes a 23-year-old WORLD BEATER, utterly mental given he's not all that great in reality.

Weirdly, I was managing Chelsea and got them to seven league titles in a row - then I resigned to see who wanted me as a manager. Absolutely fucking no-one! Best team that approached was fucking Wednesday! Hmph.

Lukaku also in a few years becomes a 23-year-old WORLD BEATER, utterly mental given he's not all that great in reality.

Hmm, that's a bit harsh. Scored a bunch of goals at Anderlecht, despite being very young, not been given a chance at Chelsea and seems to be doing not bad when called upon at WBA.

He's only 19, there's nothing to say that he won't be amazing in four years time, in fact I think he will do very well if managed correctly. The loan move is a good one for Lukaku and for Chelsea. Needs to adapt properly to the Premier League. His physique for someone so young is pretty scary.

St. Pauli

Too late, I've already picked Morecambe F.C.

Play in the same colours as Aberdeen and their logo reminds me of when the scene was alive and King Prawn played packed out shows.

Morecambe_FC.gif

The only player I recognise on the team sheet is former Dons player Gary McDonald so naturally I'm going to build my team around him. Going down the good old Sam Allradyce route on this one and get a lanky striker in on loan from somewhere and get the rest of the boys to lump it forward to him with beautiful floating long balls.

• Upvote 3

Hmm, that's a bit harsh. Scored a bunch of goals at Anderlecht, despite being very young, not been given a chance at Chelsea and seems to be doing not bad when called upon at WBA.

He's only 19, there's nothing to say that he won't be amazing in four years time, in fact I think he will do very well if managed correctly. The loan move is a good one for Lukaku and for Chelsea. Needs to adapt properly to the Premier League. His physique for someone so young is pretty scary.

I guess. I really like him but yeah, I don't think he's going to end up like what FM seems to think (that is, winning the World Player of the Year season after season).

Another guy I always sign on FM and always turns out top notch is this guy:

Seydou_Doumbia_1439468c.jpg

Who's he?

EDIT: Gylfi Sigurdsson is silly good in FM12. He scored 5 goals from outside the box IN ONE GAME for me recently. Has an average rating of 8.78.

I just started a QPR game with a transfer update and Sigurdsson is transfer listed at Spurs in January. They want £8m for him and I do not have anywhere near that kind of cash. But I need him so bad. Sitting ninth in the league FYI and performing above all expectation.

Julio Cesar

Bosingwa - Nelsen - Mbia - Fabio

Faurlin - Derry

Park - Granero - Hoilett

Zamora

Big Zam has twelve goals already or something. Machine (target man, attack).

Granero is pretty solid in the position. You could always push him out wide though, stick Sigurdsson in the middle and drop Park/put him where Derry is. Could definitely take you into the top 6! Surely you could get £8mm from selling/requesting to the board?

Hoilett is fucking boss as well. If you played him up top with Zamora, as a poacher, he'd score a hundred goals.

Granero is pretty solid in the position. You could always push him out wide though, stick Sigurdsson in the middle and drop Park/put him where Derry is. Could definitely take you into the top 6! Surely you could get £8mm from selling/requesting to the board?

Hoilett is fucking boss as well. If you played him up top with Zamora, as a poacher, he'd score a hundred goals.

I'd probably drop Derry and get Granero as a deep lying playmaker and stick Sigurdsson in the hole. The board aren't having any of it. Have tried everything and it's a firm NO. :(

Does anyone have a link to a good transfer/promotion update? I installed one, but there's loads of stuff missing for some reason. It's got that Chilean kid to United, which happened after the transfer window, but it doesn't have stuff like Modric to Madrid, or any of the 100 players QPR signed throughout the summer.