aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Contracts news....Vernon signed on 2 year deal, Considine on 3 year.

Chuffed about the former....ambivalent about the latter.

Happy to keep both, 2 of our better performers this season.

Get Anderson fit and alongside Considine and I can see a solid defence next season.

And get Arnason signed up ASAP, break the bank.

Oh, and sign some full backs and wingers broon... for fuck sake!

That was a pish game last night. On that evidence everyone is overrated, except maybe the goalies. Bad touches, stray passes, positional errors, poor decision making. Henderson, Downing, Carroll and Adam were especially bad and therefore so were the Man City team for not being able to beat them.Two legs as well?! WHY?! WHHHYYY? Cardiff for the cup.

Guest Gladstone

If Lescott gets to the ball a fraction quicker his career is over. Shocking tackle. I've never ever in my entire life contemplated tackling like that. 2 footed, 2 straight legs, studs up, diving in. Fucking terrible. Good job he got the ball or it would have been tatties ower the side for Lescott and there would have been a riot.

The ref didn't even give a foul. Brilliant.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why players do it. As you say, if he's getting there a fraction early, his ankle would be completely Cisse'd. But it's okay, because he got the ball and none of the man, which makes it not a foul, even though it's excessive force to the power of 10. It's funny how the same City fans who were getting wet eyed over Kompany getting a redder for a two footed lunge when "he got the ball" are now getting in a piss because Johnson didn't get sent off for his dangerous lunge, even though the two are identical pretty much.

It's funny how the same City fans who were getting wet eyed over Kompany getting a redder for a two footed lunge when "he got the ball" are now getting in a piss because Johnson didn't get sent off for his dangerous lunge, even though the two are identical pretty much.

Where's the consistency though? For what its worth, yes, that's a red card (or at least the referee has to caution there surely), but if you card one player you have to do the same to another for the same thing. It's only fair.

I've changed my mind on VK's tackle. At the time, I thought it was borderline dangerous, but OK because he got the ball and Nani rode the challenge. In hindsight, it was a totally correct red card.

As soon as you leave the ground like that, the only difference between winning the ball, and destroying an opponents leg is luck.

The only way managers will get the consistency they crave is if the rules are made absolute rigid about stuff like this. Leave interpretation out of it. Two-footers = red cards. No messin'. Obviously this doesn't legislate for blind officials missing the fucking obvious like last night, but if he sees it, he can only make one decision. OFF!

As for Johnson, that's just a disgraceful challenge. Cowardly as fuck.