aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

i'd still like to see aluko in an aberdeen shirt next season but that looks unlikely.

I have a gut feeling that he'll re-sign. There's been no reported interest (and let's be honest, if there had been his agent would be straight to the papers to try and engineer him a better deal), he didn't have a particularly great season last year and although it won't be very much we'll still be due compensation for him (which will probably put a bunch of clubs off).

I'm actually surprised that Rangers haven't been sniffing around.

I have a gut feeling that he'll re-sign. There's been no reported interest (and let's be honest, if there had been his agent would be straight to the papers to try and engineer him a better deal), he didn't have a particularly great season last year and although it won't be very much we'll still be due compensation for him (which will probably put a bunch of clubs off).

I'm actually surprised that Rangers haven't been sniffing around.

I too have a gut feeling he'll re-sign. New managers and new decent signings might persuade him to stay, plus there's been no interest as Adam said.

Also, boy's got a skeleton of glass. You'd do well to get 30 games a season out of him, and he's got a tendency to blow hot and cold form-wise. That said, I still hope he stays. When he's good he's a game changer, brilliant attacking force.

Anyone heading to the Villareal match on Tuesday? I'm tempted. Would be going in the hope of seeing at least one half with a strong Villareal team. Never been to pittodrie before though so not a clue where is the best position though. Richard Donald Stand seems to get my vote. 10 for a student ticket is not bad at all.

Pitch invasion during our pre-season fixture with Darlington last night. Sammy Ameobi came on, our fans start chanting "if Sammy scores, we're on the pitch," as we often do for Shola. Sammy scores, our fans get on the pitch, so do the Darlo fans. Fights and a'hin. Referee calls it off but changes his mind after Joey Barton and Alan Pardew convince the fans to go back to their seats. Ridiculous.

Impressed with the signings thus far, assuming we see the old pen-in-hand boot room pic for Arneson on Monday.

I think some people are getting things the wrong way around; the rest of the world is a lot more religious than the UK. Not unusual in the slightest to see a furrriner crossing himself etc.

Anyone heading to the Villareal match on Tuesday? I'm tempted. Would be going in the hope of seeing at least one half with a strong Villareal team. Never been to pittodrie before though so not a clue where is the best position though. Richard Donald Stand seems to get my vote. 10 for a student ticket is not bad at all.

South Stand is my preferred option. I'm heading down on Tuesday to honour the Dazzler and hopefully see some Skillz from the Spaniards. I hope they put out a good team.

Pleased with all the signings and feeling confident of some top six action and a cup win. :up: Brown seems to have the right connections and patience to get players who (sound like they) will improve the team.

South Stand is my preferred option. I'm heading down on Tuesday to honour the Dazzler and hopefully see some Skillz from the Spaniards. I hope they put out a good team.

Pleased with all the signings and feeling confident of some top six action and a cup win. :up: Brown seems to have the right connections and patience to get players who (sound like they) will improve the team.

aye i prefer the south too. i'll be there on tuesday then for the season opener against st johnstone. hope we get a strong villareal team but if they hump us i won't be going near the messageboards for fear of reading too much "we're doomed!! humped by a bunch of no mark spaniards" posts.

aye i prefer the south too. i'll be there on tuesday then for the season opener against st johnstone. hope we get a strong villareal team but if they hump us i won't be going near the messageboards for fear of reading too much "we're doomed!! humped by a bunch of no mark spaniards" posts.

I always avoid the messageboards because Aberdeen fans are idiots.

Pitch invasion during our pre-season fixture with Darlington last night. Sammy Ameobi came on, our fans start chanting "if Sammy scores, we're on the pitch," as we often do for Shola. Sammy scores, our fans get on the pitch, so do the Darlo fans. Fights and a'hin. Referee calls it off but changes his mind after Joey Barton and Alan Pardew convince the fans to go back to their seats. Ridiculous.

Barton dictating the behaviour of hundreds (or thousands?) of people proves that he is mega hard.

First pre season today and a thumping 9-2 win for Cambridge United against those international giants of the football world Biggleswade Town. We're going to piss the conference with ease, bag the FA Trophy and get to the final of the FA Cup. I love the rose-tinted spectacles I have on this time of the year! Ipswich will be full of fear ahead of their trip to the Abbey on Tuesday night.

Meanwhile elsewhere Wenger has started moaning earlier than normal regarding comments made by Mancini regarding signing Nasri. I really think Wenger might be gone by the end of the season, it makes no sense to keep Nasri at the club against his will then let him leave for free.

That's Arnason officially signed for the Dons.

In other news I caught extra time and pens of the Women's World Cup last night and enjoyed it, particularly because the Japs beat the Yanks. Some of the passing and movement were of a decent standard and there was well taken goals (as well as a Sunday league style comedy of errors). The penalties were mince but quite exciting. Three things stood out as being better than men's football:

- No play acting, diving etc.

- Respect for the referee

- Much less crying at full time

In other other news, the Copa America has thrown up some surprises eh?

In other other news, the Copa America has thrown up some surprises eh?

Not so suprising if you have been watching it, both Brazil and Argentina were completely mince and lucky to get as far as they did, shocking considering the players they have avaliable to them.

Its also a bit of a joke that people think Neymar is worth 40-50m, he is the next Robinho all flair but lightweight with very little end product.

Not so suprising if you have been watching it, both Brazil and Argentina were completely mince and lucky to get as far as they did, shocking considering the players they have avaliable to them.

Its also a bit of a joke that people think Neymar is worth 40-50m, he is the next Robinho all flair but lightweight with very little end product.

If I beat Mike Tyson in a fight you'd still be surprised whether you saw it or not :p

I haven't seen much at all bar the odd half here and there. A guy at my work has been giving me the lowdown and says pretty much the same thing. Venezeula being in the semis is the most surprising to me. Who is your favourite for winning it now? Uruguay?

Neymar absolutely tears it up for Santos though. I'd like to see someone take a punt on him. Preferably not a team I like though, as he seems like an incredibly dislikeable knobend, like Nani x1000, or Thatcher (Maggie. Not Ben).

If I beat Mike Tyson in a fight you'd still be surprised whether you saw it or not :p

I haven't seen much at all bar the odd half here and there. A guy at my work has been giving me the lowdown and says pretty much the same thing. Venezeula being in the semis is the most surprising to me. Who is your favourite for winning it now? Uruguay?

hahaha touche!!

My outside bet is Peru, they have taken everyone by suprise and they have an amazing manager, but i think the sensible money would be Uruguay now, with Forlan and Suarez upfront are very dangerous, and they know how to do the dirty stuff as well. Venezeula have been a revelation, them and Peru have saved the tournament for me, it has been pretty poor for the best part.

Neymar absolutely tears it up for Santos though. I'd like to see someone take a punt on him. Preferably not a team I like though, as he seems like an incredibly dislikeable knobend, like Nani x1000, or Thatcher (Maggie. Not Ben).

He does but in a league where he is given so much space and time, he completely flattered to decieve in the Copa America, and i really couldnt see him making a bigger impact than Robinho over in Europe, plus as you say he seems to be a complete cock.

He does but in a league where he is given so much space and time, he completely flattered to decieve in the Copa America, and i really couldnt see him making a bigger impact than Robinho over in Europe, plus as you say he seems to be a complete cock.

Brazil are just a shambles at the moment though. As are Argentina. Suffering from England syndrome it seems. Quality players with absolutely no thought-out way of deploying them. Neymar is undoubtedly a very talented player. His footwork is quite incredible at times, but he does need to be tested. I think it's a little unfair to judge him completely for Brazil when they look so lost as a unit. I think he could do a good job in Spain. Real Madrid seem the most likely suitors, though I can't see him usurping Ronaldo or Di Maria. If he went to Barca, perhaps he could give Pedro a run for his money, but they seem nailed on to land Sanchez, so they won't need him.

I hope someone does give him a chance at the top level. He could develop into a dangerous player. Or like with a few other Brazilians who are blinded by the fame and fortune, crumble into a massive flop after a few glimmering seasons, like Denilson, or even Ronaldinho.

Brazil are just a shambles at the moment though. As are Argentina. Suffering from England syndrome it seems. Quality players with absolutely no thought-out way of deploying them. Neymar is undoubtedly a very talented player. His footwork is quite incredible at times, but he does need to be tested. I think it's a little unfair to judge him completely for Brazil when they look so lost as a unit. I think he could do a good job in Spain. Real Madrid seem the most likely suitors, though I can't see him usurping Ronaldo or Di Maria. If he went to Barca, perhaps he could give Pedro a run for his money, but they seem nailed on to land Sanchez, so they won't need him.

I hope someone does give him a chance at the top level. He could develop into a dangerous player. Or like with a few other Brazilians who are blinded by the fame and fortune, crumble into a massive flop after a few glimmering seasons, like Denilson, or even Ronaldinho.

very true i could be being overly harsh on him, i think anyone would struggle in that brazil team, no focal point upfront, neither Neymar, Robinho or Pato are that kind of player. Both Brazil and Argentina need to stop thinking they can be the international version of Barcelona.

He could fit into the Barca way of playing, but i dont think he would have the patience when he finds himself dropped, at Santos he will be the first name on the team sheet every week.

I do like the look of Ganso, he looks like he could turn into a top top player, it would be interesting to see a big team take a punt on him, very few rumours surrounding him this summer so far which has been suprising.