aberdeen-music

Scars and stories

fatboy

Got a scar on my head where hair can't grow. Was too big for my Mum to have a traditional birth so I was, for want of a better expression, "sucker capped" out. Yup, like a plunger (may or may not be exaggerating)

Have some discolouration/light scarring across my stomach, upper thigh and groin from when I gave myself quite serious scaldings 2 days before Christmas.

Small but very noticeable scar about 2 inches wide on my right arse cheek, from when my Dad stabbed me with a steak knife on my 16th birthday. It was v.deep, bled a lot. Was gonna go to the hospital but we had to make and appointment at Frankie n Bennys.

The stabbing, just want to check, was unintentional right?

Nah, it was intentional. We were just playing around with knifes, he didn't mean to properly stab me, just a wee jab. Would've done the same thing. So it goes.

Inch long scar on top of my head from a surfing accident. Particularly visible at the moment cos I got my head shaved today. Bacony looking thing on my elbow from slipping on gravel playing basketball and landing on my elbow. Getting the gravel cleaned out of the wound at the hospital was unbeleivably painful. 3 inch scar on my abdomen from having my appendix out when I was 12.

Crap stories. Sorry.

I have a surgery scar on the small of my back. Ingrown hair wrapped itself around the base of my spine which was extremely painful to the point where I could barely walk and almost developed blood poisoning.

I also have a faded scar on my right arm from my time at McDonalds. Someone bumped into me when I was taking the chips out the fryer and the basket brushed my arm. Queue bubbling skin.

Another faded scar on my left elbow from falling off a skateboard at full speed.

Guest idol_wild

I have a three inch scar on my right elbow, due to slipping on the dance floor in Exodus after someone had dropped and smashed a glass. I landed on said glass. On the dance floor. In Exodus.

What a bell-end.

Big fucker on my side from a collapsed lung. Happened in English class at academy but the teacher wouldn't let me out to the nurse, despite me at the time thinking I was having a heart attack, because she thought I was taking the piss. I ended up walking out, puking and nearly blacking out in the waiting room at the nurses office. When I had the tube in my chest to drain the air out, the person pushing my stretcher crashed me into another stretcher hauling the tube out of my chest. Got a massive infection and was in hospital for a week and a half. When I got back to my English class the teacher looked me dead in the eye as I walked in and said "Don't expect an apology." I fancied her so hard after that.

Also have a Harry Potter-esqe forehead scar from falling out a tree as a child. I was out near one of the stables outside Peterhead, the people who found me put me in the only car there and sent two riders on horseback (I fucking swear this is true) to go to my house and tell my mum I was going to hospital.

Also got a small gouge on my shin from a hockey incident... I think that's all of em... All the major ones anyway.

xx

Got half the flesh from my left shin missing (now skin graft) due to broadsiding an Opel Manta in the Broch. 2 weeks in hospital. I had to get my knee cap stitched back in on the day I did it, then 3 days later had to go back into the operating room to get the graft attached this staples. The pain of the nurse taking the packing out of the open wound on the Wednesday was fucking agony. Good dry view of my chin bone and muscle though. Funny but looking at my bare bone and muscle did not faze me, I think because the pain of the incident was gone.

Left thumb is like a battlefield due to being a fish filleter for years and getting it cut to shreds when learning to fillet.

Other bike accident stories will have to wait.

I have about an inch by half-inch scar on my right knee which I got whilst taking out the rubbish in the yard at work. It had been dark, and they'd recently removed one of the skips for whatever reason but had left all the fittings (to bolt it down or something) exposed. I tripped over a bolt and my knee landed on the runner for the skip, which was basically just an upright, thin, flat rail of iron and it just cut right into my knee. I just thought I'd bashed it really badly and got up and went back inside, then realised that my trouser leg was soaked in blood, had a look, saw the wound, the flap of skin hanging off and the bone of my kneecap and fainted. Had to get stitches and wear a fibreglass splint for six weeks. By the time I'd got back to work, they'd been bricking it and had removed all the skip fittings and installed lights in the yard.

/Cool story.

Who mentioned photos?

399255676_a65d17967f.jpg

A genuine double belly-button!

As for the rest of my scars, quite a collection. The most prominent of which once got me lifted by Swiss police and told to keep it covered in future.

List:

Full laporotomy with multiple rows of stitching. From mid-chest down.

Scar on neck from removal of non-malignant lump

Scars on leg from motorcycle accident.

Seven large drain scars.

Scar on lower back.

Dog bite when very young - This only shows up as a red mark when I have a bath now.

Stab wound.

Bullet wound.

Smallish scar beside my arsehole from a perianal abscess that burst in a docs face when she had her head right between my legs, with a torch, saying - "I don't see anything..... OH!"