The Hip Hop Thread

Lemonade

Guest Tam o' Shantie

then you can go for the gangsta

searchin for my gun, just to make her cum

better run, ho, ill stick it in yer bum

you stink of bo, you dirty ho

i think ill fuck your sister mo

man, move over Afrikaa bambaataa, there's a new godfather of hip hop in town...what further commentary do you have on the culture, o wise one?

aargh, ive told u b4 once more tym afta tym its wack not whack! :swearing:

How the pissing fuck can you lecture anyone on spelling, you illiterate botter? It's almost like you are typing by smashing your head into the keyboard. Not only that, but word for word, your sentence makes zero sense.

Before once more time after time?

Get fucked.

Did he mention Rodney P when I was arguing about Simon Says being a bit rubbish?

Rodney P is ace. British hiphop has always been a bit of an embarrassment and for the simple reason that throwing fake American accents or even the drawl is just crap, so he wins by not doing it.

Fuckin' wicked.

There's something about British hiphop I find really difficult to digest. I think it's the accent. It all sounds a bit council estate, like a bunch of yobs arguing on the back of a bus with their hoods up. It's really difficult to rap in an English accent without sounding like a chav, purely because of the amount of really horribly chavy Grime hip hop out there, which is ten thousand percent guff. I quite like Scroobius Pip, but his style takes alot of time to sink in. Lyrically he's very clever, but the British delivery just doesn't sound right to me.

Went on a hiphop downloading bender yesterday. Really digging La Coka Lostra for angry hip hop. A supergroup of sorts, including ill Bill and DJ Lethal! The latest Atmosphere record is also pretty awesome, with a little bit more to say than guns and how good he is at rapping - not that there's anything wrong with that.

man, move over Afrikaa bambaataa, there's a new godfather of hip hop in town...what further commentary do you have on the culture, o wise one?

Everything is going wrong, need to grab a bong!

Relax, chillax, eat some snacks

but da ganj is illegal, canna kill an eagle, can ja?

We is all hallucinatin tonight, seein some tribes, ones called quest

To protect from pests our crop we must dust

Afore we get busted by dem pigs

Got the munchies, got an afro, got a blunt, got a ho

Now all we needs a primetime tv show

Lets buy some figs, and have a farty bum, drink some rum, get comfortably numb

Then dribble out our bum

*Its about two stressed out ethnic minorities who cultivate their own cannabis, face jail, hallucinate, dream about getting a tv show on nickelodeon, like rum, and are self-medicating for, constipation because they believe in the old ways of their tribal ancestors.

There's something about British hiphop I find really difficult to digest. I think it's the accent. It all sounds a bit council estate, like a bunch of yobs arguing on the back of a bus with their hoods up. It's really difficult to rap in an English accent without sounding like a chav, purely because of the amount of really horribly chavy Grime hip hop out there, which is ten thousand percent guff. I quite like Scroobius Pip, but his style takes alot of time to sink in. Lyrically he's very clever, but the British delivery just doesn't sound right to me.

Went on a hiphop downloading bender yesterday. Really digging La Coka Lostra for angry hip hop. A supergroup of sorts, including ill Bill and DJ Lethal! The latest Atmosphere record is also pretty awesome, with a little bit more to say than guns and how good he is at rapping - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Has Roots Manuva even been mentioned in this thread yet? He's pretty much the only British rapper I can stomach (I've never heard of Rodney P until now). I enjoyed the Scoorbius Pip/Dan le Sac album, but talk about an acquired taste. He raps like John Fashanu speaks. Roots is cool as fuck though. I mean, check this video: YouTube - Roots Manuva - Witness (1 Hope). Fantastique.

Atmosphere are great. I think that Lemons is probably their best record; they've really matured without going all sucky and crappy, and Slug sounds better than ever.

I downloaded the Cannibal Ox album because of this thread (it's fucking mint), and I finally managed to get into Mobb Deep too. I can't stop listening to Q-Tip's The Renaissance at the moment, either.

Also, avoid Sole. Fucking garbage.

How the pissing fuck can you lecture anyone on spelling, you illiterate botter? It's almost like you are typing by smashing your head into the keyboard. Not only that, but word for word, your sentence makes zero sense.

Before once more time after time?

Get fucked.

Ah yes i thot u myt miss d hip hop reference, d only person on dis forum dat i no nose it is giles but its nt dat obscure jus old school. Only in Aberdeen cud u find a forum where people cannot undastand txt spk or hip hop! Shudnt u b banned 4 bein abusive neway? :up:

i'd imagine his point was that you have a full keyboard in front of you so fucking use it instead of using 'text speak'

Yes. This. Nobody likes having to trawl through pages of shite that looks like it was written by a borderline retarded 12-year old girl, and waste valuable energy trying to convert it into something comprehensible.

T-H-E spells "the". The letter "D" is not an acceptable substitute.