aberdeen-music

The food court in the bon accord center is closing

cool1

I actually stopped being vegan before I knew vegan was hipster.

In all seriousness I gave it up because it stopped being a choice I was making and started to feel like a chore - it wasn't something I wanted any more it was something I felt stuck with. Not to say I won't give up animal products again in the future, but for now I'm happy to be trying new things again - and to not feel like an afterthought every time I eat out.

xx

Just to let everyone know the food court in the bon accord center is closing in March 2011 with 100 people out of jobs :down:

Rumours are that the replacements will be

* Harry Ramsdens

* Mcdonalds

* Pret a manager

* Cafe Rouge

Which will open in Winter 2011

do you think these are good replacements

03JasonLeeFinger.jpg

T.S. Quint: How is it that I go from the verge of hot Floridian sex with Brandi to man of steel coital debates with you in the food court?

Brodie: Cookie stand isn't part of the food court.

T.S. Quint: Of course it is.

Brodie: The food court is downstairs. The cookie stand is upstairs. It not like we're talking quantum physics here.

T.S. Quint: The cookie stands counts as an eatery, eateries are part of the food court.

Brodie: Bullshit! Eateries that operate within the designated square downstairs count as food court. Anything outside, of said designated sqaure, counts as an autonomous unit for mid-mall snacking. Now, if you're going to wax intellectual about the subject...

• Upvote 1

Most places I enjoy going tend to be full of knobbers. I guess there's just a lot of knobbers around.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the knobber, mad at those who surround me in trendy micro-brew bars as I lack the imagination, dare or drive to have stupid hair, clothes and a seemingly complete lack of self-awareness that I might be being a bit pretentious.

Currently it's far too expensive and not that nice.

What I'd like to see in a restaurant

Serves alternatives to potato based sides with EVERYTHING, how about mixed offering sprouts, cauliflour and brocolli mix for example instead of chips ?(

Offer a choice of all fried food being grilled/microwaved instead of fried

Option to have eggs poached instead of fried

Thats it, oh and a salad bar

Anyone ever eaten eggs at Sainsburys at berryden? Its like they poach the eggs in oil instead of frying them in a pan, this is what turned me off fried food :(