aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

A few things:

1- If you picked up the loan before 2006 then you would still owe the money until you are 65 regardless (unless you die).

2- If you move abroad and are earning above the threshold to pay back a student loan, it is your responsibility to inform the Student Loan Company and arrange to pay them back by giving them money every month if they are unable to take it directly from your wages. You can be hit pretty hard if they find out.

3- A student loan and/or not paying it back will never affect your credit history if the loan was taken out post-1998.

This will help: Repay My Student Loan?: Save or clear debt, inc. calculator ...

A few things:

1- If you picked up the loan before 2006 then you would still owe the money until you are 65 regardless (unless you die).

2- If you move abroad and are earning above the threshold to pay back a student loan, it is your responsibility to inform the Student Loan Company and arrange to pay them back by giving them money every month if they are unable to take it directly from your wages. You can be hit pretty hard if they find out.

3- A student loan and/or not paying it back will never affect your credit history if the loan was taken out post-1998.

This will help: Repay My Student Loan?: Save or clear debt, inc. calculator ...

Thanks Adam. That's some useful info right there :up:

As fair as i'm aware if you leave the country it is very easy to ignore and i don't think you get hounded but it will fuck your credit history up, so pay it, i have to why shouldn't you?:popcorn:

I wasn't saying I don't want to pay it! (Though, let's face it, who does?) it was more would I still be required to pay it? Like I know there are requirements like you have to be earning over 20k or whatever before you have to start paying it back, I wasn't sure if one of the requirements was that you had to be resident in the UK.

I don't have a clue how much I'm due them or how much I've paid, I haven't had a letter from them in years, there's just a chunk comes out of my salary every month. One is from 1998, the other from 2002 but I've only been paying it back for 4 years I think.

I don't have a clue how much I'm due them or how much I've paid, I haven't had a letter from them in years, there's just a chunk comes out of my salary every month. One is from 1998, the other from 2002 but I've only been paying it back for 4 years I think.

You should get in touch with them and find out. They're right cunts for taking payments even once your loan is paid. Doesn't help that they only update the balance once a year when they get your P60 information from HMRC.

As I recently found out it's also useful to keep track of in case your employers are fucknuggets who can't sort out PAYE properly and they haven't been sending your PAYE data to HMRC. It wasn't until I got a student loan statement that had a higher balance than my last statement 2 years previously that I discovered this.

Still sorting it out months later as I reckon I should have paid my loan off but it's still coming out of my salary.

Let me guess, you've gotta pick up some fiber supplements for your bowels, jonnies for shagging your burd and some grooming products so you can look good for your job, of which you have one.

;)

getting razors. MIght have a look to see if they've got any iron tablets n stuff since I'm nae eating meat.

EDIT: Wouldn't use jonnies with the burd 'cause I'm too much of a LAD. Plus, you know, monogamous + the implant.

• Upvote 1

I have a lot of music on my ipod I don't have backed up digitally so I want to rip all the music from my ipod to my laptop. A quick google search gives me loads of programmes which can do this but they all offer trial versions which will only do up to 100 tracks and then you have to pay for the software.

Is there something I can use to do this for free?