aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

I wouldn't touch the Valvetronix range. They're really not gig-worthy. They're in the same bracket as a Line6 Spider. You could probably get manageable tones out of it for home use, but as soon as you push it to match the volume of a drum kit, then it's going to start cutting holes through glass. Nothin' by treble. Avoid.

I wouldn't touch the Valvetronix range. They're really not gig-worthy. They're in the same bracket as a Line6 Spider. You could probably get manageable tones out of it for home use, but as soon as you push it to match the volume of a drum kit, then it's going to start cutting holes through glass. Nothin' by treble. Avoid.

hqdefault.jpg

The valvetronix range never appealed to me, I thought the vr amps would be somewhat of a 'reasonable price'.

It was either a vox or a good marshall amp, there are so many to choose from!

The valvetronix range never appealed to me, I thought the vr amps would be somewhat of a 'reasonable price'.

It was either a vox or a good marshall amp, there are so many to choose from!

Oh is the VR not the Valvetronix range? My bad. I don't know much about them. I just know I've played a Valvetronix a couple of times, and I had a bad time.

Oh is the VR not the Valvetronix range? My bad. I don't know much about them. I just know I've played a Valvetronix a couple of times, and I had a bad time.

no it's valve reactor if I'm not mistaken. I never really had a problem with the valvetronics but saying that I never had the chance to gig it.

No worries! I'm sure that the VR ones are gig worthy enough. If I have about a grand laying around I'd get that 100 watt marshall stack. Or an old vox ac30, the ones the edge collects like football cards!

Nope. Vt is valvetronics hence the model "vox vt40+". Then VR is valve reactor hence the model "vox ac15vr" it's new valve reactor technology their using.

From reading Vox's write up the VR range, Colb is right. the VR range seems to essentially be the VT range (the VT range also used "valve reactor technology") without the digital modelling, and with one 12AX7 in the pre-amp stage, kind of like the Marshall Valvestate.

I've never played one, but the reviews I've had a glance of seem to be mixed.

Edited by Joda Serk

Nope. Vt is valvetronics hence the model "vox vt40+". Then VR is valve reactor hence the model "vox ac15vr" it's new valve reactor technology their using.

First entry on google:

VOX | VR Valve Reactor Series Guitar Amps

www.voxamps.com/uk/valvereactor/

Originally designed for the critically acclaimed Valvetronix modelling amplifiers....

You should read more lad. Or talk less.

Has the guy actually said what type of music he plays? He could be in a metal band for all we know..

Pwoper (sic) bands with a mod/tunes/swagger vibe.

That and the banging on about Voxes makes me think of Ocean Colour Scene and Hurricane #1 covers. Gads....