aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Ancelloti is heading for the sack at this rate. Considering most football clubs get through managers like Spinal Tap drummers. Have to admit did find it quite funny they got cunted by Liverpool in their own back yard with all the nonsense surrounding the Torres move. Would have been even funnier if Carroll had played and scored the winner! Champions League will probably save him as that's the trophy Abramovitch is desperate to win and they got a pretty straight forward tie next round against FC Copenhagen. But the Italian must be getting worried now. Although sure the huge pay off would help ease the pain! Something hasn't been right at Chelsea since Ray Wilkins departed.

Saw Vernon, Magennis and Jack on Belmont Street earlier. I think I gave Vernon a shock as I patted him on the back and said "well done today gents" (couldn't think what else to say). He said "you scared the shit out of me!" anyway. Blabbered a couple of things about how The Dons should take home the cup and they seemed pretty chuffed. Dead friendly guys, considering my terrible, nervy banter.

Oh well that rules him out the Cambridge job, he was once linked with it before!

I used to think Duffy would be a decent shout for the Thistle job, but his tenure at Brechin proved how much of a total clown he is (arguably his 'finest hour' at the Hedgetrimmers was calling Wick Academy 'a pub team' just before their Scottish Cup tie, thus writing the opposition team talk, and they were lucky to escape with a 4-4 draw that day).

Total muppet!

WHY ISN'T MATCH OF THE DAY OFFERED ON iPLAYER/ON DEMAND ON THE WEBSITE/AS A VIDEO PODCAST?

Both Match of the Day and Football Focus are simulcast on the website every weekend - but we can't currently offer the programme on demand throughout the week or on iPlayer because the BBC don't have the rights to show Premier League action on the web outside of live broadcasts.

However, MOTD2 will be available on BBC iPlayer every Wednesday for five days from the start of the 2010/11 season.

Find out how to watch Match of the Day on the BBC Sport website here.

It is highly annoying, though I watch highlights on 101goals.com, or whatever its called, which often streams the MOTD highlight reel anyway.

Ancelloti is heading for the sack at this rate. Considering most football clubs get through managers like Spinal Tap drummers. Have to admit did find it quite funny they got cunted by Liverpool in their own back yard with all the nonsense surrounding the Torres move. Would have been even funnier if Carroll had played and scored the winner! Champions League will probably save him as that's the trophy Abramovitch is desperate to win and they got a pretty straight forward tie next round against FC Copenhagen. But the Italian must be getting worried now. Although sure the huge pay off would help ease the pain! Something hasn't been right at Chelsea since Ray Wilkins departed.

I've always rated Wilkins and I've always thought he had a big presence within the team. I really wanted him to get the job full time when he took over as caretaker. I think he deserves a go, as I reckon he'd do well at a big club. Obviously he'll probably never manage Chelsea now, but it would have been great to see at the time.

It'd be rubbish if Ancelotti got the sack. He seems like a good man, but they've had alot of problems this season. There was a number of games where they played with 4 fullbacks at the back due to injuries. Lampard has been a big miss. Essien has never been able to stay fit for longer than a week or two, and Drogba has gone missing again, which happens every 12 months or so. I don't think Torres is a good signing, since all we've heard about him over the past 18 months from Rafa, Hodgeson, Dalglish and now Ancelotti is that "Torres will come good". It's looking like he never actually will. They should have bought Suarez under the noses of Liverpool, and let them keep a crocked, lazy Torres.

All the press writing off Torres after one match is ridiculous and well over the top. A week ago they were talking about how the real Torres was back. It's not even as though his recent record for Liverpool is that bad either. Maybe it wont work out for him at Chelsea but it's far more likely that he will.

I just can't see it. He's looked lifeless and frustrated for the best part of a season and a half, and he rarely puts a full 90 minutes in. I do hope he does work out for Chelsea though, purely on a 'Fuck Liverpool' basis, though I think Chelsea could have had better options and better value for money. Llorente perhaps.

I just can't see it. He's looked lifeless and frustrated for the best part of a season and a half, and he rarely puts a full 90 minutes in. I do hope he does work out for Chelsea though, purely on a 'Fuck Liverpool' basis, though I think Chelsea could have had better options and better value for money. Llorente perhaps.

This is correct.

They've obviously got a great player in Torres, but he has certainly looked off the pace and disinterested for the last wee while.

I think that there is definitely a degree of 'statement of intent' value from Chelsea with this signing though.

Over the last year or so Torres has often played when not fully fit under pressure by managers, which only makes his injury problems worse and sure this season he has looked disinterested at times but he was playing for a club he wanted leave and was in a complete mess. Now that obviously isn't the best attitude for a player to have but there's no reason to say this attitude will continue now he has managed to leave.

Last season he scored 18 goals in 22 games in the league for a team that was falling to pieces and even this season he scored 9 in 23 when as said he spent most of those games moping around.

In other news, no one is more committed to Man City that Carlos Tevez, the same one who wanted to leave a month or so ago.

Tevez committed to City | Sky Sports | Home | News

Don't understand why they couldn't show both. Just delay the English show and put it on after the Scottish highlights. Easy.

Probably because, including the League show, that would be about 5 and a half hours worth of football straight on BBC1.