aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Match of the day was on BBC HD as normal. I only found out as my sky+ box failed to record it on BBC1 so desperately flicked through the HD channels hoping it was there! Get yourself a freeview HD box or Sky. Freeview HD boxes are the standard on new TV's now (I bought a new one a couple of months ago that had one) but I'm sure you can get them in shops.

May I also say HD football is pretty amazing too. Didn't think it would be much of a difference til I bought a decent TV and actually watched it.

I've got Sky+ HD at home but I was in a hotel Saturday night, only had Freeview. I switched over in time to catch the Football League show and promptly fell asleep.

The fans might get on his back, but the Stamford Bridge crowd are hardly renowned for making much noise, Torres will hardly be able to work out what they're grumbling about.

I think he'l have more of an issue with the media who are ready to tear him to bits. He's played one match and he's already been called the new Chris Sutton! Even Sheva didn't get that sort of treatment. Let's hope Torres doesn't do a Sutton and end up at Celtic. He could have a broken leg and still take the piss out of current CPL defences.

That's typical of the media over here though isn't it? They are desperate for Torres to fail, its pathetic. It's hardly Torres fault the 50 Million quid transfer fee. Ok so he said some stupid things about his love for all things Liverpool but what player doesn't spout that to keep the fans on his side? I don't blame Torres for leaving as Liverpool are in a transitional period but their fortunes under 'King' Kenny are looking better than under Woy. The timing and manner of the move was a bit shit though.

Franny Jeffers at Motherwell eh? I thought he was a tremendous prospect in his younger days but never really fulfilled that potential. Will prob do a decent enough job at Motherwell though.

Pretty terrible ratio of goals scored if you take out his 18 goals at Everton early in his career. Couldn't even score much in the mighty Australian A League (one goal in nine games according to wiki, not listed on soccerbase)!

Francis Jeffers | Football Betting | Soccer Base

Bloody hell just read Wenger paid 8 Million for him ha ha ha :rolleyes:

I too believe Big Bad Brad is the best in the biz. That's alotta B's. And Van Der Sar, as I said earlier.

I'm also a big fan of Jussi Jaaskelainen and Craig Gordon.

Lucky you didn't see his performance on Saturday! Normally so reliable but was at fault for every single goal Stoke scored at the weekend. Blame wet ball and all but 2 pretty bad handling/shot stopping errors among them

Gordon was incredibly poor from what i saw. Good keeper normally though. Jaaskelainen is ace. He'd make my 5 a side team. Incidentally, here is my dream 5 a side team:

1. Jussi Jaaskelainen

2. Chris Samba

3. Iain Dallas

4. Paul Scholes

5. Usian Bolt

Subs: Derek Young and Thomas Vermaelen

Lucky you didn't see his performance on Saturday! Normally so reliable but was at fault for every single goal Stoke scored at the weekend. Blame wet ball and all but 2 pretty bad handling/shot stopping errors among them

Gordon wasn't that bad...he was getting pushed around by Carew on every cross.....unusual to see refs giving a keeper so little protection.

Gordon wasn't that bad...he was getting pushed around by Carew on every cross.....unusual to see refs giving a keeper so little protection.

On top of that the first and second Stoke goals were offside.

He's pulled out of the Scotland squad for tomorrow night with knee knack. Shame I'm not eligible for a call up - I'd show them how it's done.