aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

very similar to a goal I saw at the Abbey Stadium recently in the 6-3 mauling by Alfreton Town in the FA Trophy, in fact almost identical.

21.50: GOAL CAMBRIDGE UNITED 3 - 4 ALFRETON. Advantage Alfreton again. Naisbitt gets a punch on the corner, but it goes out as far as Clayton, whose looping overhead kick finds the net. Great goal. In the aftermath Clare goes off to be replaced by Conal Platt.

Over 24hrs since the last post in the football thread? It aint right!

Saw the second half of Bolton - Everton. Bolton are always good to watch and it's nice to see Sturridge getting plenty of time on the pitch he looks like he could be as good as loan deal as Wilshere was for them last year.

Everton badly need some fresh blood in the team. There's something really stale about them. I think Moyes is doign as well as anyone could but they need to find at least a little cash in the Summer.

A glimmer of hope for Real in la liga but Barca dropping points could be bad news for Arsenal as this match has likely shown them the dangers of becoming complacent.

Champions League is back! :D

Predictions for the two big games?

I'm going for Milan 2-1 Spurs and Arsenal 2-3 Barcelona

Unbelievable combination of power, pace and precision

This moment here is a great example of that, it's amazing how two players can try to barge him off the ball and he just keeps going like they weren't there.

His wife was hot, I hope they're still together and he can now enjoy his retirement.

Even when he was a bit chubby, he was still one of the best. He just had everything. But then he got too fat, obviously, and started to get up to no good. I was quite privelaged to get to see him and Roberto Carlos play in the flesh, when Real Madrid tore United a new arsehole at Old Trafford in 2001 I think it was.

Even when he was a bit chubby, he was still one of the best. He just had everything. But then he got too fat, obviously, and started to get up to no good. I was quite privelaged to get to see him and Roberto Carlos play in the flesh, when Real Madrid tore United a new arsehole at Old Trafford in 2001 I think it was.

2003? YouTube - Ronaldo : Manchester vs. Real Madrid 23.04.2003 (Hattrick) 4:3

That's the one. I knew it was early 00's. I got the tickets for my birthday. I wasn't really that bothered about United at the time. I was purely neutral, so I nearly got my head caved in when I yelled "what a goal" to a non-United goal. United supporters don't like that. Who knew?

Did they not give him a standing ovation that day?

That would have been a fantastic match to have been at. You got to see Zidane in the flesh too. I'm pretty jealous about that.

Even at Madrid he was never in a great physical condition but he still had the skills. I can't think of any other players who would rightly be considered one of the greatest ever having only played a relatively low number of seasons at top form.