aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I only saw the second half, based on that it seems hard to believe Spurs were apparently in control for all of the first.

The goal was a classic European away team counter attacking goal. Think they'll go through now.

Love Gattuso, past his best but he used to be ace. He did act like a bit of a twat tonight though.

Hartley is a 33 year old man acting like a fucking kid. What a prick. He's been a passenger this season, living off of good will and 3 penalties in his first game. Deserved to be sent off.

Blackman was shocking, an absolute disgrace. Same goes for most of the team but his effort was noteably less (saying something) than anyone elses. Terrible performance.

Team was fucking crap. We lost it for ourselves. Were in charge and we refused to put any sort of pressure on them.

We should have won and it isn't an excuse but the referee was an amateur. Lost control early on. Complete tool, had no idea what he was doing.

What is the point in the 4th official if he breaks up a player pushing an assistant manger in the face and the player doesn't even get a yellow for it.

The ref lost the middle of that game Flamini should have been given a straight red that tackle was atrocious. Deserved a red for intent alone. Of his feet, two footed and lungeing.

Was really pleased for Spurs actually jumped off my seat in the pub when Crouch calmly slid that shot in the bottom corner. Hope they dick Milan at White Heart Lane.

Another utterly depressing and humilting defeat at the Abbey Stadium tonight, oldest outfield player was 25! Kids been thrown into the deep end and simply not up to BSP 'football'. It's not like Darlington are any good but a solid mid table side which is where we should be at the very least. Senior players are getting shipped out the club to balance the books, attendence tonight a pathetic 1,600. Relegation could become a serious possibility at this rate esp if we go into admin which is strongly rumoured, I can honestly see my club folding soon and an AFC Cambridge starting up. Enough is enough it's like a dying animal waiting to be put down.

In the real world was chuffed for Spurs turfing over AC Milan in their own backyard, always like to see the British teams do well.

All that ribbing about Franny Jeffers and he goes and blinking scores against the dons! Typical! He's probably found his level bless him!

4th officials are only there to soak up the abuse that comes from the coaches.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're not even qualifies officials, just some guys off the dole who are happy to get a few quid to be shouted at for 90 mins.

Oh and obviously they have all the board holding up to do.

It's often actual referees who do the 4th officiating. I've seen Phil Dowd and Howard Webb as the 4th official numerous times. Still, it's a piss easy job though. They've got video footage that can't be used as evidence, so all they have to do is tell Ferguson to sit down and stop spitting swearwords and chuddy everywhere, and hold up a digital board. All in an hour and a half's work. Bet it pays alright too.

we been there and done that before when we nearly went bust in 2005! Mind you most the clubs down in our league are living on the edge. Next opponents Kidderminster almost went to the wall last week till the fans rallied round and raised some money. Mind you, it's mostly due to clubs being run appallingly spending outwith their means! Mine included. That's why we're all so jealous of Crawley!

It's often actual referees who do the 4th officiating. I've seen Phil Dowd and Howard Webb as the 4th official numerous times.

Yeah me too, but I only thought about that as I was halfway through the last post and I didn't want the facts to get in the way of my argument.

The worst thing with the 4th Official is that they could be very useful. They could easily be watching some replays and give advice to the ref.

we been there and done that before when we nearly went bust in 2005! Mind you most the clubs down in our league are living on the edge. Next opponents Kidderminster almost went to the wall last week till the fans rallied round and raised some money. Mind you, it's mostly due to clubs being run appallingly spending outwith their means! Mine included. That's why we're all so jealous of Crawley!

Maybe one day Billionaires will have had enough of buying a club and trying to turn it into the greatest in the world and they'll move onto buying leagues.

An oil tycoon could give millions to all the BSP clubs, get the matches on TV and try to give the premiership a run for it's money.

It's true. They can see a replay and advise the ref in less than 20 seconds. It'd be no big deal. It just seems pointless to have that technology and not use it. It also seems pointless to have a 4th official if he has no authority on the game. It's just pointless personnel.

I like those goal line assistants though. Although I think there should be 2 at each end, at each side of the goal.

Maybe one day Billionaires will have had enough of buying a club and trying to turn it into the greatest in the world and they'll move onto buying leagues.

An oil tycoon could give millions to all the BSP clubs, get the matches on TV and try to give the premiership a run for it's money.

Lol that would be great! Although I think the multi billionaires of a donkey sanctuary would be more apt considoring how many donkeys play in this league. It's not a pretty sight! We're on the telly Friday night, thank fuck we're only going to be embarrassed in front a select few Premier Sports subscribers! Of which there aren't too many!

Still at least it means I have Saturday free and can settle down with a beer and watch Manchester United hump Crawley on ITV!

The Dire Dons

I just found out this morning that it was Franny Jeffers that scored Murrawell's first. Even more sickening. Got what we deserved last night - fuck all. Both goals were bad ones to lose. Very few pass marks - maybe Langfield who made 2 great saves in the first half and Maguire who never stopped in the second half. Might give Saturday a miss but I've already bought my ticket for next Tuesday.

Looking forward to the game tonight. Luckily I finish work earlier tonight than normal so I'll get to see all of it.

All the predictions yesterday for goals galore yesterday were wrong but I'm going to confidently say that tonight there definitely will be a few goals. Over the two legs I can't really see any outcome other than a Barca victory but I think tonights match could be quite close. Arsenal have the strengths in attack which can punish Barca at the back but they will leave more than enough space at the back for Barca to grab a couple.

Arsenal need to be aggressive early on and surprise Barca. The games this season that they have dropped points have been ones where they've conceded early goals.

I'm going to predict 2-2 or a 3-2 win (to either side).

I quite like the system of spreading out the matches for this round. One big game a night that's worth watching while another that you don't care about plays at the same time.