aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Fucking hell - he kicked some water bottles. That makes him the worst man in football? Cos no other manager in the history of football has ever done that. I once hoofed a 3 litre bottle of orange juice after getting subbed. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but I just about broke my ankle...

I don't think that's the reason he's considered the worst man in football.

Inverness were by far the better team last night and deserved to win the match. Grant Munro needs to work on his goal celebration though.

I liked it - a bit of a 'fuck you Terry Butcher' about it.

Guest Gladstone
I don't think that's the reason he's considered the worst man in football.

I liked it - a bit of a 'fuck you Terry Butcher' about it.

I know people slate him for other reasons, but I just knew that a lot was going to be made of a frustrated manager kicking some water bottles at the point where he thought he had a lifeline to keep his title hopes alive and then they were gone. Countless managers have kicked water bottles in the past and not much is said about it. If I was Lennon last night, I'd have been kicking more than just water bottles the way his team performed. Player of the Year Izzaguire would be getting kicked in the balls for starters. Saying that, I thought Lennon fucked up by taking off Stokes and Hooper. Yes, they weren't playing particularly well last night, but when we needed 2 goals our only "striker" on the pitch was Daryl Murphy. He scored a beauty against United last week but when the team were playing brilliantly and cruising. His only contribution was falling over the ball just after Maloney got taken out by the keeper. McCourt's only contribution was falling over in the box trying to win a last gasp penalty. He should have just taken off Izzaguire and put on another attacking player. A big hole in the left back position would have been about as much use...

As for Munro's celebration, it just looked as if he couldn't believe he'd struck such a cracking goal and didn't know what to do with himself. Magic goal though - and chuffed for the boy given that he was told he was getting released a day earlier.

He's not the worst man involved in football because he kicked some water bottles. He's the worst man in football because he's an insufferable twat. He's in the paper ever bastard day moaning about everything imaginable, as if football is a massive conspiracy where everyone on the planet is pitting against Celtic. He was a vicious little prick as a player, and he's kept the same traits as a manager. I hate Rangers much more than Celtic, but I have a shitheap more respect for Walter Smith as he seems to be able to conduct himself with a bit more grace and class.

Alan Shearer didn't kick him hard enough.

He's in the paper ever bastard day moaning about everything imaginable, as if football is a massive conspiracy where everyone on the planet is pitting against Celtic. .

That doesn't make him any different from every other Celtic manager ever, and every member of their board, and their chairman. And Gladstone. :up:

Guest Gladstone
That doesn't make him any different from every other Celtic manager ever, and every member of their board, and their chairman. And Gladstone. :up:

Fuck off you bunch of Rangers loving cunts.

Lennon didn't moan about the defeat last night - other than about his players' performance. He didn't blame any conspiracies. He said the McCourt penalty claim was a "shout" and he obviously wanted the penalty to try and draw the game, and he said he thought the earlier Maloney claim was "more of a shout".

I know he's done his fair share of moaning and he gets a lot of shit for it. I think he'll learn. He's a rookie manager in his first full season. Most rookie managers have the benefit of learning away from the spotlight, but he's in full view because he's managing Celtic.

As for Walter Smith carrying himself with more grace etc. he does his own fair share of moaning as well. The difference is he doesn't shout it from the rooftops - he's a bit more cunning and drops the comments in quietly. Walter Smith is as much a cunt as Neil Lennon is.

I promise not to post anything else about Neil Lennon from now on. I'm fighting a losing battle. It's probably all down to the fact he has ginger hair that nobody likes him. You're all gingerist.

Fuck off you bunch of Rangers loving cunts.

Lennon didn't moan about the defeat last night - other than about his players' performance. He didn't blame any conspiracies. He said the McCourt penalty claim was a "shout" and he obviously wanted the penalty to try and draw the game, and he said he thought the earlier Maloney claim was "more of a shout".

I know he's done his fair share of moaning and he gets a lot of shit for it. I think he'll learn. He's a rookie manager in his first full season. Most rookie managers have the benefit of learning away from the spotlight, but he's in full view because he's managing Celtic.

As for Walter Smith carrying himself with more grace etc. he does his own fair share of moaning as well. The difference is he doesn't shout it from the rooftops - he's a bit more cunning and drops the comments in quietly. Walter Smith is as much a cunt as Neil Lennon is.

I promise not to post anything else about Neil Lennon from now on. I'm fighting a losing battle. It's probably all down to the fact he has ginger hair that nobody likes him. You're all gingerist.

Hey, I'm the most ginger guy on these boards and I still think Lennon is a total cunt.

Guest Gladstone
Hey, I'm the most ginger guy on these boards and I still think Lennon is a total cunt.

I'm definitely more ginger than you.

There's no way you're ginger anyway. Have you ever seen a black guy with ginger hair (other than Wes Brown)??

I'm definitely more ginger than you.

There's no way you're ginger anyway. Have you ever seen a black guy with ginger hair (other than Wes Brown)??

Malcolm X was ginger (true story). He still had less issues with persecution then Lennon, though.

Guest Gladstone
Malcolm X was ginger (true story). He still had less issues with persecution then Lennon, though.

Malcolm X was a fictional friend of Wolverine. Everyone knows that.

Bullshit. Load of absolute horse. I am the most ginger here, if Warden was one tenth the luminosity of I, then he would be twice as ginger as he is now.

Re: Grant Munro's celebration I found it much less stomach churning than Lennon's 'worship me' stance with clenched fists, as he faced the Celtic fans at the equaliser. Lennon should take a leaf out of Terry Butcher's book, where each caley goal was met with a smile and discussion on what to do next in the game.

Grant has scored at least 3 goals against Celtic in the past few seasons from my memory (2 of which were this season); so I reckon he's a bit bored of scoring against you lot now.

Being an ICT fan has been wonderful today :)

Guest Gladstone
Re: Grant Munro's celebration I found it much less stomach churning than Lennon's 'worship me' stance with clenched fists, as he faced the Celtic fans at the equaliser. Lennon should take a leaf out of Terry Butcher's book, where each caley goal was met with a smile and discussion on what to do next in the game.

Grant has scored at least 3 goals against Celtic in the past few seasons from my memory (2 of which were this season); so I reckon he's a bit bored of scoring against you lot now.

Being an ICT fan has been wonderful today :)

Butcher was fucking loving it. The cunt.

One thought I had during last night's game...

Does this not make a bit of a mockery of the split? Post-split, a team from the bottom just had a massive say in the destination of the title. I think games against lower half teams could sometimes be more difficult than say a team in 6th with fuck all to play for. Obviously, I'm kind of defeating my own argument because ICT are 7th and "all" they have to play for is 7th place and some pride, but if there was a dogfight at the bottom between a couple of teams and a dogfight at the top, it would be interesting if top or second had to go away to one of the teams at the bottom. Plus there's probably more chance of the teams in the bottom half laying off players etc like ICT - I think that had a positive reaction which contributed to how well ICT played last night.

I don't know - maybe I'm speaking shite, but I hate the split. Always have.

Apparently that hand gesture signifies being robbed although I've never seen it before.

Then the two guys argue about whether they are right or not.

The guy you see most says that Mourinho was brought to Madrid to win titles and all he got was the copa del rey, the other guy points out that it is a title he's won and it's more than the previous couple of years. The other guy says that if Real were 8 points clear and not behind Mourinho wouldn't be making these comments.

They're just ranting and not making any good points at all.

Watch this.

Middlesbrough have ended the season on a high with a 3-0 win at home to Doncaster with the bonus of a goal on his debut for 19 year old left back/midfielder Adam Reach. Good stuff! Somehow we've managed to end up 12th in the table 20 points ahead of the bottom 3 with a goal difference of 0 which is incredible considering we looked like prime relegation candidates just a couple of months ago. Mowbray has done a fantastic job so far and it's great to see him putting trust in the young'uns to get the job done instead of the cloggers Strachan preferred to put on the pitch.

Not going to get too optimistic for next season though, need to see who goes out of the door in the summer in operation: cut the wage bill in half.