aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I like Wes, with his body hair which matches the colour of his skin, so he just looks fuzzy all the time. He's no centre back though. He's much better at right back. Still, not even Jonny Evans would have put that in his own goal.

In 'other' football news, Wednesday look like they're going to get relegated. Again. Megson is awful. Irvine wasn't getting the best results, but he was still better and much more assertive. He'd brought in players that he wanted, and now we're forcing a different manager to utilise them. It's stupid.

Guest idol_wild
I like Wes, with his body hair which matches the colour of his skin, so he just looks fuzzy all the time. He's no centre back though. He's much better at right back. Still, not even Jonny Evans would have put that in his own goal.

In 'other' football news, Wednesday look like they're going to get relegated. Again. Megson is awful. Irvine wasn't getting the best results, but he was still better and much more assertive. He'd brought in players that he wanted, and now we're forcing a different manager to utilise them. It's stupid.

I follow the three levels beneath the English Premier League quite closely, and dude, your team is absolutely fucked. Appointing Megson is an outrageous decision, but the club deserve it for making such a massive error of judgement. Why the fuck do clubs continually employ managers who are quite clearly in the wrong profession? Aberdeen FC is another recent example with their appointment of Mark McGhee - very much a manager who struck it lucky at Motherwell, with a bunch of hungry and determined young players who were already accustomed to playing as a unit together at various youth levels. Aberdeen deserved relegation for appointing McGhee in my estimation. Seriously horrendous decision - a manager who attempts to justify his piss-poor managerial record by referencing his wikipedia entry. That is unforgivable. I wouldn't despise the man so much if his managerial record was in any way strong...but it wasn't/isn't. Fucking idiot.

Peter Taylor is my other example. And Glenn Roeder - apparently players who have played for him absolutely despise him because he's a "very very angry and bitter man", which actually comes across frequently when you see interviews with him and footage of him on the touchlines. He's one of these managers who performed well at one specific club due to sheer luck (Watford just so happened to have a bunch of youngsters coming through who could do the business for anyone) and based a managerial career on it. Bluffer.

Meanwhile, in the Championship:

There was a great result for Middlesbrough last night despite them not having a match. 3rd from bottom Scunthorpe somehow conspired to lose 3-0 at home to Phil Brown's bottom of the table Preston side to give North End their first 3 point haul since early December. This leaves Scunny 4 points away from safety and 7 points back from the 'boro.

Unfortunately we might still get dragged into the mire as our top scorer, Leroy Lita, is out for the rest of the season which leaves us with a strike force of "Scott McDonald".

We should have stuck with Irvine. We'd just been bought out of debt. Before that, Irvine was given no resources and had to deal with his two best players leaving. Once he finally had resources to do things his own way, he was given the chop. Having heard Megson a few times on Goals on Sunday, I don't doubt his tactical knowledge, but he reminds me of Toby Flenderson. He's just too nice and always comes across as a bit timid. I just can't imagine him being able to kick players up the arse to get them to perform. No matter who we got in, I always think it's a bad idea to bring in a new manager during the season.

I honestly think they should be contracted like players, and give them the chop at the end of the season if they're not meeting expectations, giving the new manager the whole pre-season to prepare. Not during.

Having heard Megson a few times on Goals on Sunday, I don't doubt his tactical knowledge, but he reminds me of Toby Flenderson. He's just too nice and always comes across as a bit timid.

Gary Megson is fucking terrifying! He is quite the opposite of timid (although he does look a bit like an older Toby).

I see. Is he scoring?

Whilst I'm at it, how is kenny miller getting on in turkey? And aiden mcgeady in Russia? I like to keep tabs but not had a proper internet connection for a while.

Not scored for Forest yet, but hasn't been there long.

McGeady was rumoured to be subject of a 10million bid from Zenit St Petersburg in the winter transfer window, and is doing quite well from what I gather.

Miller has scored five in eight at Bursasport (according to Wiki) and loves to be interviewed about Rangers on Sportsound.

Tuncay went to Wolfsburg in January. I hope he gets games there because I love Tuncay. Proper man crush. He was boro's best player during the year I was able to get to games regularly. True Gent.

Kris Boyd has had a couple of sub appearances for Forest but no goals yet. I think he's unlikely to break into the first 11 before the end of the season unless they have a couple of injuries to their current favourite strikers.

This is ace

Half Man Half Biscuit - The Referee's Alphabet

YouTube - Half Man Half Biscuit - The Referee's Alphabet

If I mind right, they once turned down a slot on The Tube because it clashed with a Tranmere Rovers game. Now that's dedication for you.

Toying with scoring Annan off 'the 42' on Saturday, downside is that it involves watching Montrose...