aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I hope they get him to do a United/Liverpool game. I think he might even swear, or do a shit on Jamie Redknapp. It's going to be obscene. He won't be able to contain himself. Not a chance. Not after he's thrusted himself towards Liverpool fans as United scored a winner, gave Carlos Tevez the wanker sign and kissed Paul Scholes on the mouth. What could he possibly do next? Best guy.

He'd balance out the bizarre level of Liverpool love amongst pundits, which can only be a good thing.

Sky should get Ray Wilkins to take over the Andy Gray role of main pundit / co-comentator. I don't know why they haven't already. He knows the game inside out, talks well, is well respected, makes good and interesting points and he's worked for them plenty before. I know it's asking to much for James Richardson to be the host alongside him but Ray shouldn't be too much of an unrealistic pick.

Ray is the man. He wouldn't take any shit, nor would he ever be biased. Even when Chelsea were shit, he'd say they were shit, or if they had a dubious decision given their way, he would be open to admitting it. True gent. Get him on the telly.

I can't see him playing with Andy Gray's editing toys though. He's way too old fashioned for that. I bet he well hates snoods, and possibly even gloves and shinpads.

Despite all his problems Ronaldo's goals to games ratio is pretty insane. He had a pretty successfull final season in Brazil as well (team wise I mean) a fair end to his career.

Years Team Apps (Gls)

1993 Cruzeiro 14 (12)

19941996 PSV 46 (42)

19961997 Barcelona 37 (34)

19972002 Inter Milan 68 (49)

20022007 Real Madrid 127 (83)

20072008 AC Milan 20 (9)

20092011 Corinthians 31 (18)

National team

19942006 Brazil 97 (62)

But could he score against Stoke on a Tuesday night in December?

Chelsea lying in 5th is strange. I hope they still finish in the Top 4, at the expense of City hopefully. Luiz looked awesome, apart from the foul obviously. It was a dull, dull game though, until the last 5 minutes.

I reckon Spurs are going to get twatted tonight.

Typical talkSPORT shite this morning, according to Alan Brazil and co. Torres has already turned out to be an expensive flop and it's going to cost Ancellotti his job. That last bit may be true regardless, but it seems a wee bit premature to label Torres a flop already, he's only played two games.

And aye, Spurs are going to get a doing tonight I reckon. As are Motherwell :D

I actually highly doubt Ancelotti even motioned that transfer, so Brazil conjuring up patter about it costing him his job is most likely a load of ridiculous wittering.

It's a shame Cassano is ineligable to play for Milan tonight. They've got a ridiculous set of strikers on their books right now. Ibra, Cassano, Pato and Robinho. Banging! They should play them all. 4-2-4. It would be raining goals.

But could he score against Stoke on a Tuesday night in December?

Chelsea lying in 5th is strange. I hope they still finish in the Top 4, at the expense of City hopefully. Luiz looked awesome, apart from the foul obviously. It was a dull, dull game though, until the last 5 minutes.

I reckon Spurs are going to get twatted tonight.

I agree Luiz looked really impressive strong in tackles and so comfortable on the ball. I think Chelsea are doing a good job in bringing some youth into their squad.

Torres will be fine, he made some good runs last night he needs fitness and some confidence. We would have buried that 60 yard ball from Luiz if he had the confidence to bring the ball down and hit it straght away.

I think next season he'll get back to old form and have a stormer.

Hope Spurs play attacking tonight and score a couple if they lose 3 - 2 or 4 - 3 at least they got some away goals because I see them winning at WHL with Bale back.

I actually highly doubt Ancelotti even motioned that transfer, so Brazil conjuring up patter about it costing him his job is most likely a load of ridiculous wittering.

It's a shame Cassano is ineligable to play for Milan tonight. They've got a ridiculous set of strikers on their books right now. Ibra, Cassano, Pato and Robinho. Banging! They should play them all. 4-2-4. It would be raining goals.

I had no idea he was at Milan now. Has his attitude improved? He used to be like teenage Ronaldo (non retired one), producing a moment of brilliance, then sulk for the rest of the match because the opposing team were disrespectful enough to try to win the ball off him.

AC Milans defence and midfield are still pretty old and lacking in a bit of pace. If Bale was fit he could have given them a good run around as he can actually cross. Lennon will just run past the full backs then give the ball away or cross into the stands. But as it is I can just see AC Milan dominating possession, then Spurs resorting to pressing, leaving gaps at the back (especially left back :p) and them getting a caning like the first half of the Inter game at the San Siro. I'm not sure they should be risking Van Der Vaart either if he's not fully fit. They need him for the Premier League.

I am anticipating a high scoring draw tonight in the Spurs v Milan game. I will watch it probably as I'm a bit skint for The Dons.

Also, I've said it once, and I'll say it again, if I could play football like anyone, it would be Ronaldo v1 (in his prime). Great player.

We're one short for 5-a-sides tonight if you fancy it? Strikers at 6.55.

I had no idea he was at Milan now. Has his attitude improved? He used to be like teenage Ronaldo (non retired one), producing a moment of brilliance, then sulk for the rest of the match because the opposing team were disrespectful enough to try to win the ball off him.

Which Milan striker are you speaking about here? It just about describes all of them, except Pato, who is the boy.

Which Milan striker are you speaking about here? It just about describes all of them, except Pato, who is the boy.

Oops didn't realise I didn't put a name. Was meaning Cassano, since I thought he'd basically been at Sampdoria ever since he fell out with Capello and Real Madrid didn't want him back. it does accurately describe most of the Milan strikeforce though!

Can't see Tottenham having any hope of winning this. They don't have the composure in midfield to hold onto the ball whereas Pirlo and co will just be passing it around for hours. I don't see them having the quality to counter attack effectively either even with Van Der Vaart playing. Peter Crouch is tipped to be starting up front as well. Nesta will just eat him for breakfast! No one near as dirty as him in the Premier League (Van Bommel is ineligible i think otherwise that would have made two of them!)

Cassano had a massive falling out with the bosses at Sampdoria earlier in the season over his non attendance at an awards ceremony to the extent that the chairman banned him from the first team and tried to get his contract cancelled. In the end the attempt to cancel the contract was unsuccessful so they sold him to Milan in January.

He's nearly as reliable as Adrian Mutu.

I think Spuds have a chance to nick a win tonight by hitting the oldsters on the break. That is all.

Oops didn't realise I didn't put a name. Was meaning Cassano, since I thought he'd basically been at Sampdoria ever since he fell out with Capello and Real Madrid didn't want him back. it does accurately describe most of the Milan strikeforce though!

Can't see Tottenham having any hope of winning this. They don't have the composure in midfield to hold onto the ball whereas Pirlo and co will just be passing it around for hours. I don't see them having the quality to counter attack effectively either even with Van Der Vaart playing. Peter Crouch is tipped to be starting up front as well. Nesta will just eat him for breakfast! No one near as dirty as him in the Premier League (Van Bommel is ineligible i think otherwise that would have made two of them!)

As well as the Bommelinator being inelligble, Pirlo and Ambrosini are injured too, so their midfield is going to be a bit scrappy. I agree with Moose's prediction of a fuckload of goals draw. If Spurs give the ball to Lennon, he'll briskly walk past Milan's ageing fullbacks with ease. Owt could happen. Owt!

In other news, Man City are kicking off in 30 mins against a Greek team I've never heard of, who apparently never lose at home in Europe. (some 24 match, 40 year unbeaten run). UEFA cup on a Tuesday? Wtf is this nonsense. The Europa league has ruined everything! It's also live on ITV4 I think..