aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

What happens when two immovable objects collide with equal force? Watch the man city highlights. Micah just got de jonged. Fucking hell that was brutal.

And as soon as De Jong was subbed at half time, City weren't going to win. Who'd have thought that after all the criticism for signing defensive midfielders, what City would need is a, erm, defensive midfielder? Viera's just not up to the job of stepping in for De Jong, and when Nige isn't in the team we look shite.

I'd rather have had Zabaleta on as a DM than Viera, and the fact it was him who gave away the penalty...

And as soon as De Jong was subbed at half time, City weren't going to win. Who'd have thought that after all the criticism for signing defensive midfielders, what City would need is a, erm, defensive midfielder? Viera's just not up to the job of stepping in for De Jong, and when Nige isn't in the team we look shite.

I'd rather have had Zabaleta on as a DM than Viera, and the fact it was him who gave away the penalty...

Yep. That's been the case all season. He has to play otherwise they look awful. I used to rate Vieira when he first signed. Looked as if his touch hadn't gone and he can still turn nicely in a tight spot. He just doesn't have the legs anymore though. He should just join Silvinho in the knackers yard now.

Any word on the injury sustained to richards? the bbc mentioned it once but it looked really bad.

He scored 24 goals helping his side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22.

Then in his first season in the top flight he bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January, Including a goal against the reigning champions, away at Arsenal and in a home win over Liverpool. His form earned him an England call-up and a debut in an international friendly.

Is this a 35m striker?

No.

This is Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Yep. That's been the case all season. He has to play otherwise they look awful. I used to rate Vieira when he first signed. Looked as if his touch hadn't gone and he can still turn nicely in a tight spot. He just doesn't have the legs anymore though. He should just join Silvinho in the knackers yard now.

Any word on the injury sustained to richards? the bbc mentioned it once but it looked really bad.

Only thing I'd heard was he'd gone straight to hospital but was "ok", which I take to mean he'll live but probably out for a couple of weeks...

While I remember. G-Nev's retirement probably means that odious cunt is going to be Sky's replacement for Andy Gray. Bye then, Sky Sports.

He scored 24 goals helping his side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22.

Then in his first season in the top flight he bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January, Including a goal against the reigning champions, away at Arsenal and in a home win over Liverpool. His form earned him an England call-up and a debut in an international friendly.

Is this a 35m striker?

No.

This is Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Uuuuuggggghhhhhh. One of the worst deadline day signings Middlesbrough ever made. At least I knew Lee Miller would be shit.

Well done to Liverpool for beating an overachieving Championship side at home last night! Dunno why the competition are even bothering trying cos Man Utd are pissing the league without even trying! Man U will be fucked when Fergie leaves though! But for crying out loud the rest of you at least make Fergie work a little bit!

Well done to Liverpool for beating an overachieving Championship side at home last night! Dunno why the competition are even bothering trying cos Man Utd are pissing the league without even trying! Man U will be fucked when Fergie leaves though! But for crying out loud the rest of you at least make Fergie work a little bit!

Arsenal are only 5 points behind with a much nicer run in. They only have to play one top five team, at home to Man Utd. Man Utd have to play 4 times against top five teams (Chelski twice, arsenal away, man city home).

Arsenal have 7 home and 7 away games left, Man utd have 6 home games and 8 away, and they're not doing too hot away.

Arsenal also seem to have top half teams at home and bottom half teams away.

To be honest, Arsenal's fixture list is about as good as it can get, Man utd have an awful lot of grafting to do to hang on to that 5 point lead.

I don't see chelski working themselves back in to it, 10 points behind with 14 games to play means they pretty much can't afford to drop any points. They definitely need to take 6 points off of man u.

I never took to Irvine, but I was hoping he wasn't going to be sacked whilst the rumours of Megson taking over were so rife. Megson is a nice guy. He reminds me of Toby from the Office. He's unjustifiably disliked despite being a very pleasant man. I still don't want him in charge though. I hope we get Gary fucking Neville.

I agree it's between United and Arsenal now. United haven't been a very good side for much of the season but they are playing very well now. The two chelsea - man u games will obviously make a big difference.

It would be very strange if United remained unbeaten all season. This team is certainly no where near the best teams that Fergie has had in his reign at the club. Yet the fact they are unbeaten highlights the qualities that he has instilled in pretty much all of his teams regardless of talent.

Guest Gladstone

BBC News - Premier League TV football choice 'upheld' by EU advice

This is an interesting development, and could be the first step towards the arse falling out of the English Premier League.

I'm not sure exactly what it means yet, but it's the first real indication I've seen that Sky pumping endless amounts of money into the EPL won't last forever.

The global product that is the EPL these days may lead to Sky buying exclusive rights for the whole of the EU (is Sky shown in all EU countries? I genuinely have no idea) if they're allowed to, which would probably mean more expensive Sky TV packages.

Nae sure like - interesting to see how it turns out.

Two days on, and I'm still raging about Considine's red card. Disgraceful decision. As a former ref I tend to give the officials the benefit of the doubt and rarely buy into this 'Old Firm are treated differently' mentality, but that's the way it is in Scotland right now. There is simply no chance that, roles reversed, the Celtic player would have been sent off. none.

Guest idol_wild
I never took to Irvine, but I was hoping he wasn't going to be sacked whilst the rumours of Megson taking over were so rife. Megson is a nice guy. He reminds me of Toby from the Office. He's unjustifiably disliked despite being a very pleasant man. I still don't want him in charge though. I hope we get Gary fucking Neville.

I reckon Megson is disliked more because he's a fucking rubbish football manager. That's why I passionately dislike him, anyway.

He's a worse manager than Stuart McCall, Peter Taylor, Glenn Roeder, and even Mark McGhee.

Actually, wait, definitely not worse than Mark McGhee.

I can't dislike someone for being a rubbish manager. It always seems to be the nice guys who are rubbish managers, like Steve Coppell, Paul Ince and the aformentioned Megson. Perhaps Roy Hodgeson can be included in that list since he failed at a big club, though it wasn't his fault Gerrard is crocked and Torres is fed up of having his hubcaps nicked. That doesn't happen in London.