aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest idol_wild
The Dons must be sick of the sight of Rasellick by now...

I got proper sick of them the day of Ebbe Skovdhal's first game in charge. I believe it finished 6-0 to Celtic, and Celtic fans were singing Aberdeen songs at us. At Pittodrie.

I was so so so fucking sick of Celtic from that day. Fucking tims.

That's a good question! The hatred stems from pure jealousy, there's a couple of threads on the Cambridge messageboard about them and mostly are fans are moaning and whinging about them and the way they've bought themselves to be where they are now. I know one thing, the shoe would be on the other foot if it was Cambridge getting the money pumped into them!

Crawley manager Steve Evans is a shady so and so who was done for tax evasion whilst at Boston but he's a darn good manager. Rumours were him and his right hand man Paul Raynor (an ex player of ours) were heading for Cambridge when Crawley were up shits creek financially a couple of seasons ago. I'd have taken them with both hands. They know how to get the best out of players and shout and scream on the touchline causing mischief unlike a certain Mr Ling who stands clueless and bemused on the touchline hiding his chin under his coat!

A measure of how quickly Crawley have risen due to millions being pumped into them is the start of last season, 18 months ago, they beat Cambridge, it was Martin Lings first game in charge. And Steve Evans said we had almost twice the playing budget of Crawley!

So I wish them well and look upon their antics with a hint of jealousy for sure but not hatred. The only irritating thing is I wish I'd have seen a BSP club who really needs the money get such a lucrative tie! But they've done awfully well to earn the right to play Man Utd and good luck to them! But yeah they are universally hated in the BSP but mainly from bitter ex league clubs like ourselves with bugger all money!

Don't know if you listen to this anyway, but there was quite a bit of good chat about Crawley towards the beginning of Monday's football weekly podcast. Football Weekly podcast: The Torres transfer and a bad romance | Football | guardian.co.uk

Horrifically offside.

That's a prime example of a normal, straightforward decision gone MAD because of something that has happened (i.e. the touch from the defender). I can't even explain what I mean properly. It's like when an attacker tackles a goalkeeper as he's taking a drop kick. It will never be allowed, but fans get on their high horse and say 'GUHHGGHGUH well the ball was on the ground GGUHGUHG' - I'm sure referees and linesman have done the same in the furore too, it's mental. It's like they're looking for an excuse to apply THE LAW correctly, y'know, they're referees - they know the game better than anyone - but failing miserably.

Does anyone understand what I mean or have just spoken utter shit?

Horrifically offside.

That's a prime example of a normal, straightforward decision gone MAD because of something that has happened (i.e. the touch from the defender). I can't even explain what I mean properly. It's like when an attacker tackles a goalkeeper as he's taking a drop kick. It will never be allowed, but fans get on their high horse and say 'GUHHGGHGUH well the ball was on the ground GGUHGUHG' - I'm sure referees and linesman have done the same in the furore too, it's mental. It's like they're looking for an excuse to apply THE LAW correctly, y'know, they're referees - they know the game better than anyone - but failing miserably.

Does anyone understand what I mean or have just spoken utter shit?

From rules of the game 09/10.

Offside when

Gaining an advantage by being in an offside position

Playing the ball after the ball has rebounded off the goal, the goalkeeper, or any opponent

How can a top flight ref not know this!?

I thought it was only women who didn't know the offside rule? Oh in the eyes of former Sky Sports presenters eh?

Another defeat for Cambridge tonight but renewed optimism after the sacking of the more than hapless Martin Ling. Most of the team was made up of teenagers from the youth academy! Still can quickly get revenge as playing the same opposition Rushden and Diamonds on Saturday!

Slightly off topic but... I keep having this urge to incorporate 'smash it' into conversation following the Richard Keys debacle.

"you enjoy your supper?"

"oh I smashed it!"

such a great phrase.

I couldn't rep you but now I am going to do the same thing!