aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I used to follow scottish players religiously from Eion Jess @ Coventry onwards but stopped in the last few years for no particular reason. Even Barry fudgerson I always looked out for. What happened to the guy from Mintlaw who played for Bristol City? He was their best player for years. Scott Murray I think he was called.

unrelated... seen this? unreal! YouTube - Best Futsal Goal Ever - Ricardinho Nagoya Oceans

Guest Gladstone
I used to follow scottish players religiously from Eion Jess @ Coventry onwards but stopped in the last few years for no particular reason. Even Barry fudgerson I always looked out for. What happened to the guy from Mintlaw who played for Bristol City? He was their best player for years. Scott Murray I think he was called.

unrelated... seen this? unreal! YouTube - Best Futsal Goal Ever - Ricardinho Nagoya Oceans

Aye, Scott Murray - total knob to be fair...

Not as bad as his brother Ian who played for the Broch for years. Scott Murray was initially signed by Villa wasn't he, then it didn't work out and he landed up with Bristol and was their best player for ages. He must be getting on now and could well be retired?

A number of clubs have floated the idea of an end of season top 4 playoff in the SPL. Personally having thought about it for a day or so I reckon it could be brilliant. Potentially breaks the Old Firm monopoly (they'd still win most years), generates a bit more excitement at the end of the season and hopefully spreads a bit more wealth around the league.

In fact it's such a good, interesting idea that it'll never happen.

Guest Gladstone
A number of clubs have floated the idea of an end of season top 4 playoff in the SPL. Personally having thought about it for a day or so I reckon it could be brilliant. Potentially breaks the Old Firm monopoly (they'd still win most years), generates a bit more excitement at the end of the season and hopefully spreads a bit more wealth around the league.

In fact it's such a good, interesting idea that it'll never happen.

I'm really not sure about it. Not against it, just not sure about it.

But you know it will never, ever happen because neither Rangers nor Celtic will ever agree to it. And why would they? They've won each title for the past god knows how many years, and this would increase their chances of not winning it!

It could be quite good for the league, in which case I'd actually be all for it despite being a Celtic fan - I care more about the good of Scottish football than I do about Celtic.

But you know it will never, ever happen because neither Rangers nor Celtic will ever agree to it. And why would they? They've won each title for the past god knows how many years, and this would increase their chances of not winning it!

The voting structure for the SPL is complex. Some things require 11 votes, some 10 and some 8. The Old Firm may not have much of a say, which would be funny.

No doubt they'll bully some almost weegie club (Motherwell, St Mirren, Killie) into voting with them though.

Guest Gladstone
The voting structure for the SPL is complex. Some things require 11 votes, some 10 and some 8. The Old Firm may not have much of a say, which would be funny.

No doubt they'll bully some almost weegie club (Motherwell, St Mirren, Killie) into voting with them though.

I think this sort of thing would be on the same basis as the vote on the league structure that they were due to have today wouldn't it? That needed 11 clubs in favour.

Thinking back the Setanta thing obviously didn't need as many as that becasue Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen voted against Setanta and the rest of the stupid bastards voted in favour of it...

I think this sort of thing would be on the same basis as the vote on the league structure that they were due to have today wouldn't it? That needed 11 clubs in favour.

Yeah but they need 11 votes to shrink the league and 10 to increase it. So it really depends exactly what they're voting on.

Guest Gladstone
Yeah but they need 11 votes to shrink the league and 10 to increase it. So it really depends exactly what they're voting on.

Why is such a pish league so fucking complicated!!!?