aberdeen-music

The Official World Cup 2010 Thread

Adam Easy Wishes

Surely the best day of the tournament so far.

Chile were really great.

Very disappointed with Spain's result, a tricky position they are in now. They will need to rack up the goals against Honduras in case it goes to goal difference.

Twas a good days football for sure. Uruguay and chile were class. South Africa didn't play badly, just a bit wasteful in the final third.

As for Spain... You can't beat a good cupset. If only alonso's strike had dipped an inch or two more though. Ooft!!

That's a super wee article by Tom English - I've just about had it with the telly and am listening to pre match build up usually on five live but sometimes talksport. Radio actually has people who can be bothered to do just a little bit of homework. ITV have been particularly terrible throughout so far and I thought Chiles was doing ok as anchorman at the start but I really feel he's out of his depth. He was super on MOTD 2; another promising career is going to be shattered by ITV. But as English reports, the beeb could be doing better. Every game I watch it feels like they cannot wait to start talking about England and thats cos they probably do. At least the BBC have the lovely Gaby Logan reporting on them; over at ITV they have the wet, dull, smarmy and punchable idiot Gabriel Clarke. But the patronising of the smaller nations is beyond a joke now. It's not too much to expect to do a bit of homework and get your heads out of England's arses just once in a while.

At least Linekar can get some kind of debate going and there is some nice banter. The other day on ITV a panel consisting of Keegan, Viera and I think Edgar Davids was just cringeworthy. They just spoke one by one; there was nothing going on at all, it was like they were programmed robots. Chiles was woefully out of his depth. It was at this point I decided fuck this watching ITV pre match claptrap and their 200 adverts and shall get some proper pre match build up on the radio. Christ on a bike these fuckers are getting paid enough and a month in South Africa, what the hell do they do the rest of the time? get pissed i guess. Keegan is just an embarrassment to punditry, at least when they hired Gazza he was entertaining.

And someone tell the fucking commentators to stop mention which English or Scottish club a player plays for or used to play for at any given opportunity! It's damn irritating!

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK810i/R6BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Jonas is suspended for the final group game after another booking today so hopefully maradona will be forced into fielding an actual right back against Greece.

I imagine Maradona will play him anyway, against all odds and against the rules. He seems to like playing him regardless of there being many, many better footballers than him, so I don't think a little technicality will sway him too much.

He and Mascherano seem to be his main men. When asked about how he picks his team, he replied with "Mascherano and 10 other guys"

Team spirit.