aberdeen-music

What's your favourite film of all time?

Lemonade

I thought it was pretty excellent, though the ending was a bit of a let down but I think that was the point.

I just found it incredibly boring, and very very slow. I can't believe that won the Best Picture Oscar ahead of There Will Be Blood, which was immense and featured Daniel Day Lewis absolutely acting his face off.

"I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE! I DRINK IT UP!"

Not easy...but either Passport to Pimlico or Les enfants du Paradis.

Good call!

I'd put Les regles du jeu on equal pegging with les enfants du paradis in the pre New Wave french cinema stakes. Both films are completely watchable and enjoyable today without any sense of kitschness or irony. That is quite a feat for any film from the 30s/40s.

It may change your view on the Cohens invincibility.

I don't think its that bad tbh. They're clearly not cut out for making rom coms but as far the genre goes, it's one of the better ones to have come out this decade. It's still got some nice touches and cohen signatures. Zeta Jones is a boot tho, she lets any film down.

I don't think its that bad tbh. They're clearly not cut out for making rom coms but as far the genre goes, it's one of the better ones to have come out this decade. It's still got some nice touches and cohen signatures. Zeta Jones is a boot tho, she lets any film down.

Yeah, not a bad film, but really not that great.

Her fake American accent makes me want to puke.

Jaws.

It's just ace. The film is pretty much perfectly constructed in terms of build up, great acting all round, the Indianapolis speech is amazing and it even survives the dodgy rubber shark.

I watch it every few months.

RE: Coen brothers. No Country For Old Men is amazing and the ending in the source novel by Cormac McCarthy is similarly loose ended. Intolerable Cruelty was indeed cack, so much so that I have thus far refused to even go near The Ladykillers. No Country...thankfully was a return to form.

Much as I like Dirty Harry films I have never taken to Magnum Force for some reason, I like The Enforcer better.

Amen to that bro. I had the opportunity to study it as my fictional text for Media Studies, and even after seeing it over 50 times, I will never get bored of that film. It is simply incredible, but as with most films, you either get it or you don't. Many people expect it to be an action flick and are thus disappointed on the first viewing. It is definitely a film you need to watch more than once to understand just how well structured the narrative and setting is.

The version without the narrative is much better though. I've seen the version with narrative once, and much prefer the Directors Cut.

Mind-blowing film either way though.

:up:

Favourite oldie- 12 Angry Men - Henry Fonda was the shit in that film.

Favourite comedy- Freddy Got Fingered - The 'Daddy would you like some sausage scene' is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Favourite action- A Bittersweet Life - When it comes to action films the Koreans piss all over Hollywood and this is one of the best.

Favourite gangster- The Godfather Trilogy - Sofia Coppola's shitty acting fucked the third one but apart from that nothing comes close.

All time favourite film has to be Leon. Such a beautiful story and Gary Oldman puts in an amazing performance. Can't go wrong with Luc Besson writing and directing either. I heard somewhere they were going to make a sequel but I hope to fuck that dosn't happen. It should just be left alone as an all time classic.

• Upvote 1