aberdeen-music

The worst thing i have ever heard/seen

noisecorechris

That's a damn sight better than Friday though. Still pish, but no more pish than the likes of Kesha and all that other shite.

You're right it's not as totally terrible in the attract the attention of the whole internet way that Friday was but it's still really awful.

And even kesha's bad songs are 100 times better than it.

R.e. that Saturday track.

It depresses me that nowadays it's considered a valid goal to be terrible at something because it means 'going viral'. What happened to good old fashioned earnest but awful music? Everything just now is done under this cloak of irony that somehow makes producing shit acceptable.

• Upvote 1

As a music fan, I can find parts of a lot of songs, even ones I think are shit, that are respectable. Redeeming qualities be it a good hook, good production, whatever. Fuck there is even a bit in "Stupid Ho" by Nicki Minaj that I think is good, but as a whole the song is dogshit.

Bound 2 by Kanye West, however, has nothing. It's honestly one of the worst things I've ever heard.

I now think that if you talk up enough about how fucking good you are you can produce utter dogshit and people will believe you because they agreed with you previously.

Edited by Teabags
  • Upvote 1

Was talking about this at work the other day actually - it applies to a lot of employers. If a manager decided to hire an employee who is a useless fuckwit, they won't fire that employee because it means admitting they fucked up by hiring them. Same goes for fanboys - if you announced your love for Kanye during his early career, you might feel like a chump eating crow and admitting that you think he's a giant pile of shit wearing a man-costume.

xx

Edited by Stroopy121

Was talking about this at work the other day actually - it applies to a lot of employers. If a manager decided to hire an employee who is a useless fuckwit, they won't fire that employee because it means admitting they fucked up by hiring them. Same goes for fanboys - if you announced your love for Kanye during his early career, you might feel like a chump eating crow and admitting that you think he's a giant pile of shit wearing a man-costume.

xx

Aye, because nobody's ever uttered the phrase 'I only like their old stuff'.

• Upvote 1

Now I ain't saying he's a gold digger but Kanye sold out to the trend big time.

LOL. But what trend? Being shit?

If you believe you can be better, you strive to improve, in no matter what you're doing. Once you think you are the messiah, you stop trying to get better and stagnate. And stagnate he has. Into utter self-absorbed bollocks.

Can someone point out one redeeming quality about Bound 2? I actually lied earlier, there's one good thing; the guy singing the vocal hook has a good voice. But other than that? Everything else is just shit to me.

Edited by Teabags

Why do you care? I think Friday is shit and Bound 2 very good but I wouldn't care if someone hated bound 2 and loved Friday. Musica taste is completely subjective and and it can often be hard to define why you like something. No one should ever really have to answer the question "why do you like this?".

• Upvote 1

Why do you care? I think Friday is shit and Bound 2 very good but I wouldn't care if someone hated bound 2 and loved Friday. Musica taste is completely subjective and and it can often be hard to define why you like something. No one should ever really have to answer the question "why do you like this?".

Aye, but you're still wrong.  Taste is only subjective until you're just plain wrong. 

I've actually become fascinated by Bound 2.  I just feel like I have to feed my incredulity. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that's true. But there's some things that just bewilder me, and it's beyond my amazing realms of comprehension that anyone could find them good. Stuff like...anything by Turquoise Jeep. Who I still can't figure out if they're serious or not.

As I kind of eluded to earlier, I can understand why some people may find certain things that I dislike good. But Bound 2 just has me completely flabbergasted because it just sounds like a broken song.

Don't feel you need to explain it to me. But I am interested to know what it is that you like about it. Though I'm also willing to accept "I just like it". I should probably just shut the fuck up. But, much like Kanye West, I can't.

It's like being punched in the face - I understand some people finding a punch to the face absolutely crippling and others being more-or-less unfazed, but the idea of anyone enjoying it and actively choosing to be punched in the face for fun just... doesn't make sense.

xx

Edited by Stroopy121

Couldn't really care about the lyrics that much. If bad lyrics annoyed me I'd have to stop listening to loads of my favourite music. I always just think of good lyrics as a bonus, there are only a handful of acts where they are something important to me. As for Kanye I haven't really loved any of his lyrics since his second album.

Couldn't really care about the lyrics that much. If bad lyrics annoyed me I'd have to stop listening to loads of my favourite music. I always just think of good lyrics as a bonus, there are only a handful of acts where they are something important to me. As for Kanye I haven't really loved any of his lyrics since his second album.

I understand not caring about the lyrics - I know a few people who feel the same way. Here's a question though (not just for 'roid, I'm curious as to many people's opinions on this one) - do you find that your opinion of an artist's output is affected by your opinion of them on a personal level? Say Kanye were to be convicted of some horrible crime, would you still listen to the records? What about if his lyrical content expressed opinions you found hugely morally objectionable? D'you think it'd affect how much you enjoy MBDTF or would you still enjoy it as much?

Obviously I know that these hypothetical questions are impossible to answer objectively but two prime examples in recent history are Michael Jackson and Ian Watkins... and Pete Townshend, too, although I don't know if he was ever found guilty?

Reason I ask is because, personally, I agonise over lyrics. I've always thought that if you have nothing to say then stop talking. That's how I feel about a lot of popular "artists". It's just trash for the sake of trash (which is totally fine, make it, sell it, listen to it... I don't consider it to have any merit as art, but it's still a valid contribution to music.. even if it's fucking terrible). So yeah, I care way too much about lyrical content.

/coolestofstories,bro

xx