aberdeen-music

Sandi Thom vs Andrew Learmonth!

Dave-IRL

Shocking really - She gets it in the neck from a broadsheet and takes it like a good little girl, around the time shes enjoying a burgeoning career and upward surge in her popularity. But when the wee guy in the local paper has a go (and unfortunately her career is ona downward spiral and she's been relegated to an opinion column on page 13 of said pape) she's all mouth and deeply offended by all the shit she takes!

Perhaps take criticism with some dignity Sandi, and try and prove people wrong by improving your songwriting!?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Very good Alan, I'm just lapping these up.

But actually, Sandi herself was a prime suspect - she was in a purr-derous rage after being be-littered by Andy's article. Fortunately for her, she had a get-out-claws. And that's the end of that particular tail.

She's censoring her comments on the page by the way. Mine was trimmed down from "excellent. You should release this. It would do well in the charts - it has number two written all over it".

I <3 Andy so much. He made it into the timesonline and everything. Andy for the win!

As everybody has said, he's the nicest person you'll meet and has done an incredible amount for the local music scene. Plus he knows how to take criticism like a man!

I like the idea of a Sandi Thom; people like her serve us a reminder that life isn't fair.

She's a beacon of hope for those with little or no talent and a motivating force for those that do.

I challenge you all.

Get annoyed.

Do better.

I like the idea of a Sandi Thom; people like her serve us a reminder that life isn't fair.

She's a beacon of hope for those with little or no talent and a motivating force for those that do.

I challenge you all.

Get annoyed.

Do better.

Fine sentiments, except most of us know by now that talent is no guarantee of commercial success. Plenty of hugely talented and creative acts will get overlooked by the masses in favour of dross like Sandi Thom or James Blunt. It has ever been thus.

Fine sentiments, except most of us know by now that talent is no guarantee of commercial success. Plenty of hugely talented and creative acts will get overlooked by the masses in favour of dross like Sandi Thom or James Blunt. It has ever been thus.

Fine sentiments indeed, except you overlook the fact that most of us know that, that we know that and that as they say is that.

Dinnae Greet

If she's such a successful "artist" then why does she get so wound up about this guy's comments?

and who the f*ck has the time and facilities at their disposal to go into a studio and record this piece of juvenile trash?

I can think of loads more original and infinitely more talented 'artists' from the North East that would give their left arm to use this time and facilities to produce something worthwhile.

Sandi, stop wasting everybody's time you spoilt cow.

Hello chaps, my first post here, ive joined because this thread has to be one of the best on the internet! sharp comments and humour! anyhoos, Thom has removed the song and comment from both her official website and Myspace page and replaced it with a sickening statement about not being understood and picked on all her life in the hope of gaining the sympathy vote from her dwindling public, she even goes on to comment about how both Lily Allen and Amy winehouse have an advantage over her although the claims she makes say nothing about the fact that they are both hugely successful and she isnt.

Will nothing stop this woman believing her own press releases?