aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Jesus.....Dons lose again.

I am seriously beginning to shit myself about the future of the club. No money, no confidence, terrible results, rapidly dwindling attendances, no TV money, no sellable assets. I am really struggling to see anything rosy about the future whatsoever.

Unless McGhee pulls of the mother of all blinders in the free transfer market this summer, I can only see things declining further. It's pretty self-evident that ticket sales are only going to go in one direction as long as this keeps up.

Fuck this is depressing.

Have you heard post-match interviews with McGhee recently? He just sounds defeated. Beaten. Almost like he's given up and he's ready to walk away. It's very unusual for a manager to come back from that. Forget losing the dressing room, McGhee sounds like he's lost himself...

Have you heard post-match interviews with McGhee recently? He just sounds defeated. Beaten. Almost like he's given up and he's ready to walk away. It's very unusual for a manager to come back from that. Forget losing the dressing room, McGhee sounds like he's lost himself...

I listened to it live last night, and yeah, he seemed utterly spent.

IMO, the media have really hammered into him unnecessarily hard.....he's inherited an absolute shitter of a squad, and I think he's been disarmingly honest throughout the last few months about where the club is at the moment, and what direction it needs to go in. He's giving it absolutely everything, but it does look like the stress of the situation is getting to him.

Really hope he turns it around. Nothing worse than seeing another club legend going down the pipes.

Presumably this, like cheating on his wife, will lead to more praise for Terry for "showing great character" to "concentrate on his football" through another self-inflicted crisis. And all in Andy Gray's ridiculous clenched teeth voice that he reserves for speaking about Terry and Gerrard.

(I'm aware that he might not have actually done anything wrong in this case, but I don't care.)

Guest Gladstone

I like the bit where it says he was driving approximately 1-2mph. I bet he saw a crowd gathering and floored it.

Even if this was a complete accident, he meant it. He's a cunt.

I'd quite like Hull to say up now that they've appointed Dowie. Not the best manager but he seems like a pretty decent guy, and he came across quite well when he was Shearer's assistant last season. Good luck to him.

We've got Scunthorpe at home tonight. Routledge and Enrique are back, so we should rape the living daylights out of them. Also, everyone's favourite footballer (Joey Barton) made his comeback in a reserve game last night so that's another able body in midfield to keep Nicky Butt out of the matchday 18. Hurroo.

I like the fact that you guys have quite a solid English backbone to the team as well.

Yeah, most of our English players are pretty handy at this level, except Nicholas Bottom. He's rank.

Fat Kev's actually pretty piss-poor too, but he's banged in quite a few goals.