aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I'm getting quite concerned about Ifil. He was looking like he could turn into a solid defender for us, but he was absolute gash at the Motherwell game, and going by your statement I assume he was as bad tonight?

Fucking gash. Absolutely fucking awful. Dreadful. Terrible. Embarrassingly so. Oh God. Very, very bad. A full-time professional footballer too! Worst of an abysmal bunch.

Any other SPL side would have won that tie. What is it with the Dons? Is it something I'm doing?!

Guest Gladstone
God I love Clarence Seedorf!! He is probably the most skillful, effective player i've ever seen in the flesh.

Some goal :)

I once scored a very similar goal at Strikers, except with my right heel and on the volley. Yas.

(I'm sure the pressure is the same at Strikers as it is at the San Siro)

Guest Gladstone
oh dear Aberdeen that was rather embarrassing, welcome to my club.... mind you even Cambridge havent been turfed over by lower league opposition this season! and at home as well. Bloody football eh? sympthies dons fans :(

Are there any lower league teams than Cambridge...?

Are there any lower league teams than Cambridge...?

plenty, blue square north and south below us then the various feeder leagues, its a jungle down here! we played Ilkeston Town from the blue square north in the FA Cup this season but didnt do a 'dons' and comfortably beat them 4-1! most notably for around 50 drunken derby county hooligans turning up for some fisticuffs (derby had played the friday night so they were looking for something to do!)

Guest Gladstone
Willie Miller. Stewart Milne. Mark McGhee. Tea Lady. Your time is up. See ya.

Aberdeen are a good shout to get relegated this season.

I'm taking up herion instead.

You'd miss Darren Mackie too much.

Seriously though - chill out. Aberdeen are doing not bad this season. You just haven't worked out how to beat teams in lower divisions, which is a bit strange, but it's one of these things.

You'll be in the top 6 again, and with some great young players breaking through.

You'd miss Darren Mackie too much.

Seriously though - chill out. Aberdeen are doing not bad this season. You just haven't worked out how to beat teams in lower divisions, which is a bit strange, but it's one of these things.

You'll be in the top 6 again, and with some great young players breaking through.

I'm perfectly chilled out :up:

Raith deserved to win the first game, so it was justice they won.

If you'd seen Aberdeen this season, you'd know we are abysmal. We have had some absolutely horrific performances and results.

The club is rotten to the core.

It really needs a change from top to bottom, starting with 'stewarty'.

And McGhee makes Calderwood look like a manager Hugh ;)

Guest Gladstone

I admittedly haven't seen much of the Dons, but whenever I have, they've always looked like they're playing football. Actually playing football. The young guys like Paton (and can't remember the other guy's name) look like really good prospects, and I can't remember the last time I said that about an Aberdeen player coming through the ranks.

Guest Gladstone

Anyone see the Man Utd game last night?

First half was pish. Second half picked up, and towards the end turned into a pretty good game. At 3-1, Man Utd could have gone on and scored another couple, Rooney's goals were both magic. Fletcher's ball for his second was absolutely beautiful (do people still doubt Darren Fletcher as a player?)...

But Seedorf ruined the night for them a bit though. 3-2 is nowhere near as good as 3-1. Still, I reckon Milan will need to score at least 3 at Old Trafford to go through, which is unlikely.

I admittedly haven't seen much of the Dons, but whenever I have, they've always looked like they're playing football. Actually playing football. The young guys like Paton (and can't remember the other guy's name) look like really good prospects, and I can't remember the last time I said that about an Aberdeen player coming through the ranks.

You've been very fortunate! ;)

I haven't seen much in the way of football this season.

The youngsters have indeed looked good in spells. They obviously need time to develop though.

They could also do with some experienced players around them who actually give a fuck and can help them develop.

The club is rotten to the core.

^^^This. The whole thing is stale and the fans are becoming increasingly disillusioned.

There is something seriously wrong when the players can fight back to earn a 4-4 draw against Celtic and then put in that toothless performance 3 days later...:down:

I'm nae going back*

*This season at least.

The simple facts of the matter are these:

Every new manager since time immemorial has come into the job, and has quickly seen the good and the bad of the club i.e. beating one of the OF, and paradoxically, ending up on the wrong end of a hiding from a diddy-team whether it's a lower league side, or one of the dross in the SPL. Additionally, every manager, good or bad, has also been able to correctly identify that the mentality of the players is totally inadequate for the demands placed on them by the fans and the club.....and has therefore, commited to bringing in players with a bit of backbone to correct the problem.

Problem is, none of them have been able to do it...mainly because every manager while Stewart Milne has been in charge, has not had anything like the funds required to make the changes they need to make....and have always been forced into buying second, third or fourth choice players. How many times have we heard the "couldn't agree personal terms" line being trotted out from Pittodrie, just when we thought we were going to secure a decent signing? As per usual, it became very clear during the transfer window that McGhee, like all his predecessors, is finding it very difficult finding players given the "budget" he's been given.

For me, the ball is firmly in Milne's court. Personally, I liked Calderwood. I also like McGhee. But you've got to give a manager a chance to show whether he's any good. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear....and frankly, there are too many gutless little shites in our team, that have been taking the piss for years. I have LOL'd heartily at the recent Darren Mackie "renaissance" that has been talked up this past couple of weeks based on a couple of decent performances against better teams than us. If ever there was an example of a player who raises his performance for big games, and is an abject disgrace the rest of the time, it is him. There are plenty others though....Kerr, McDonald, Aluko, Foster, Diamond, Considine all fall in the same category. The thing that worries me most is that the talented kids in the team, are going to be imbued with the same shit attitude because they're looking at the senior guys in the team for guidance.

We're excellent at being the underdogs, and just awful at being the favourites. I don't think the players are complacent, I think they're simply scared shitless and until we get proper money, to buy proper players (why can Hibs do it, and not us?), then nothing will ever change, no matter how many managers we sack. Milne is the common denominator throughout all this, and if the club-wrecking cunt doesn't finally get the message, he simply has to go.

Milne is the common denominator throughout all this, and if the club-wrecking cunt doesn't finally get the message, he simply has to go.

Milne should have left a LONG time ago.

He brought the club to it's knees by splashing the cash to try and keep up with the old firm, it didn't work.

And he's lurched from disaster to disaster on the manager front.

The new stadium is also NEVER going to happen and it's a pretty bleak future for Aberdeen Football Club.

We should just firebomb the place now and build some flats and go watch the highland league.

It's too cold down at Pittodrie anyway. :up:

No matter how many managers and players we go through, the problems are still the same. McGhee was very frank in the EE today and stated many of the players simply don't care about the club. Not sure if this is just a Dons thing or the mentality of a modern day footballer but he is pretty much spot on.

Milne leaving may close the (worryingly large) gulf there is between the fans and the club but from what I understand he has underwritten the debt at the club. I may be misinformed about that but if it is the case then if he does go our debt may scupper us. I dare say it would give more optimism to the supporters of the club to have someone in the boardroom with fresh ideas.

I wasn't at the game so can't comment too much but can only assume it was similar to the Dunfermline game in that we opened brightly enough and then hid as the game went on. Personally I've always felt the home crowd turns on the team far too quickly and when that happens the players seem nervous. A shocking state of affairs from the players if that is the case as they should be professional enough to respond and pick up their performance but I think supporting the team rather than hurling abuse would help to solve that. Not always easy when playing opposition from the lower leagues but that is my two cents on the matter.

Anyway, whilst performances and cup results like last night are humiliating I'll continue to support the Dons. I enjoy football and knowing the reds we'll follow that up with a win at the weekend!

Anyone see the Man Utd game last night?

First half was pish. Second half picked up, and towards the end turned into a pretty good game. At 3-1, Man Utd could have gone on and scored another couple, Rooney's goals were both magic. Fletcher's ball for his second was absolutely beautiful (do people still doubt Darren Fletcher as a player?)...

But Seedorf ruined the night for them a bit though. 3-2 is nowhere near as good as 3-1. Still, I reckon Milan will need to score at least 3 at Old Trafford to go through, which is unlikely.

I thought the first half was great. It wasn't as good when United were coasting. I don't think anyone expected Milan to bomb at them in the first 20 minutes like they did. Sloppy defensive errors led to some pretty exciting chances for Milan, which should have put United effectively out of the competition. Milan's tackling was superb in their own third, but once Rooney finally got the ball to feet, and Valencia came on, Milan struggled to cope.

Ronaldinho looked great for the first half. He disappeared in the second half. Huntelaar is one of the most ineffective centre forwards I've ever seen. They should have played Inzaghi from the start, as at least he knows how to attack space against good defenders.

I thought the first half was great. It wasn't as good when United were coasting. I don't think anyone expected Milan to bomb at them in the first 20 minutes like they did. Sloppy defensive errors led to some pretty exciting chances for Milan, which should have put United effectively out of the competition. Milan's tackling was superb in their own third, but once Rooney finally got the ball to feet, and Valencia came on, Milan struggled to cope.

Ronaldinho looked great for the first half. He disappeared in the second half. Huntelaar is one of the most ineffective centre forwards I've ever seen. They should have played Inzaghi from the start, as at least he knows how to attack space against good defenders.

You can't tackle Valencia, he's like a steamroller. A steamroller with a killer final ball. That one he drilled low across the six yard line when it was 3-1 was class, everyone expected him to chip it to the far post so it caught the defence off guard. Sadly it caught Rooney off guard too so he didn't manage to get on the end of it. Still, class.