aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

3 wins in 3 for Irvine, 2 of those away from home, and climbed 2 places above the drop. We're gonna win the league!

Manyoo 'ull game has been good. 4 goals for Rooney. He was awesome today. He really needs to be in a 4-4-2 system though. This 4-5-1 shite just causes him to do everything. The link up with Owen and then Berbatov was slick. Even Nani was excellent today. Nani. I know, right? Hull had some good chances, but were shite at the back. Really shite.

ah... and they say the spirit of the FA cup is dead.

(you're right enough, promotion is no1 goal)

Aye, to hell with the FA Cup if it's just going to tire out or bring more injuries to an already tiny squad. Don't get me wrong, I love the FA Cup, but there are absolutely no benefits whatsoever to us going on a good cup run this season.

Bit of a fuck-up on the BBC website a moment ago...

dxdcsp.jpg

I saw that without clicking on the link, then read Original Spies' post and thought "what the fuck is this maniac talking about?!".

Aye, to hell with the FA Cup if it's just going to tire out or bring more injuries to an already tiny squad. Don't get me wrong, I love the FA Cup, but there are absolutely no benefits whatsoever to us going on a good cup run this season.

I'd say cashmoney from TV coverage, but I think your lot are probably on telly more than any other team right now. You telly hogging bastards.

oh lordy we're in freefall now, an unlucky 1-0 defeat to high flying york today to make it five league defeats on the spin. i know money is tight but when a player is getting offered better terms by AFC Barrow and signs for them instead you know you got some serious problems!

Montrose were poor today. Is Andrew McNeil totally anti-possession? The only time Mo' looked like scoring, it was because they were passing it about, but McNeil insisted on hoofing it up the park every time he got the ball straight to the opposition, 9 times out of 10.

Still, going to a Montrose game was fun. Will be done again.

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I heard that Jimmy got quite a warm reception at Pittodrie today. I'm sure there were a few shouts and heckles but nice to see the fans appreciating him.

He got a standing ovation from the South Stand at the start. Not exactly a hero's welcome but a round of applause from everyone. I didn't hear a single bad word against him the entire match.

Montrose were poor today. Is Andrew McNeil totally anti-possession? The only time Mo' looked like scoring, it was because they were passing it about, but McNeil insisted on hoofing it up the park every time he got the ball straight to the opposition, 9 times out of 10.

Still, going to a Montrose game was fun. Will be done again.

worst "performance" of the season and I have been to pretty much all of em. McNeil was absolutely waaaaash today. We need to stop playing fowk out of position! Major gripe is, et Hegs back to RB, he was the one giving the ball away at every opportunity and always does so in the centre of the park.

Every time Marek did something good and passed it to hegs our play broke down.

Davidson and McInally on the left were pointless, with davidson being a cm and mcinally a RB. Milligan is our main dangerman and we have him at RB? Over the past few games the fans seem to have lost patience in Tweed.

Awful gaame of football. the standard fare is much more attractive and dynamic. come back :mrgreen:!!

Awesome goal for Sylvinho, and I was glad to see Robinho get one, after all the slamming he's getting from the red tops, which is a bit unfair on him considering he's back from a lengthy lay off and I still don't think he's fully adapted to this league yet. I really don't think even half of this unsettlement and rifts between the gaffer are true.

Scunthorpe showed alot of fight though. I found myself rooting for them in the second half even though I hate that lot. Just for FA Cup drama more than anything. It didn't really happen, but it was a good game. City were quite awful but scored 4 goals. I don't rate Benjani. He potters about in an Adebayor type of fashion and looks uninterested at the best of times. Scunthorpe had good spells, but you could tell the gulf of class between them. It was the fight that carried them most of the time. Great to watch.

I wish ESPN was free all the time. I'm rather enjoying this Milan derby!

It's worth a tenner a month, easily. Even though I hate Disney and everything to do with it.

The Milan derby was a pretty good advert for ESPN and football in general! Two great goals, a missed penalty, two red-cards and fantastic football from both teams. Lovely.

Awesome goal for Sylvinho, and I was glad to see Robinho get one, after all the slamming he's getting from the red tops, which is a bit unfair on him considering he's back from a lengthy lay off and I still don't think he's fully adapted to this league yet. I really don't think even half of this unsettlement and rifts between the gaffer are true.

Scunthorpe showed alot of fight though. I found myself rooting for them in the second half even though I hate that lot. Just for FA Cup drama more than anything. It didn't really happen, but it was a good game. City were quite awful but scored 4 goals. I don't rate Benjani. He potters about in an Adebayor type of fashion and looks uninterested at the best of times. Scunthorpe had good spells, but you could tell the gulf of class between them. It was the fight that carried them most of the time. Great to watch.

5 academy products on the pitch today for City which, for all the ripping they get about ruining football with money, was good to see.

Sylvinho has knocked in the odd cracker in his career I seem to remember. I actually think he's a great signing. He's an experienced player who is already showing signs of becoming a proper dedicated man city squad man, like a mentor type (he's always the first to congratulate a subbed player when he's on the bench and they come off i've noticed and in interviews he seems really keen, talking less about himself and more about the club). He doesn't seem to mind that he's not gonna start every match. Could be a team coach in a few years I reckon. I like him basically.

It's worth a tenner a month, easily. Even though I hate Disney and everything to do with it.

The Milan derby was a pretty good advert for ESPN and football in general! Two great goals, a missed penalty, two red-cards and fantastic football from both teams. Lovely.

It certainly made up for the shambles that was Motherwell vs St Mirren that's for sure.

The Juve Roma game was quite dull. The flow of the game was dampened by constant fouling and players going down horrificly easy. I turned it off at 84 minutes before I kicked a hole through the TV screen out of pure agony. Just fucking play on, you set of fucking jessies!

Roma scored the winner in stoppage time, which I missed as a result. Pansies.

Didn't enjoy much of the Bundesliga coverage either. The pitches were in godawful condition. It looked worse than any of the Fizzy Pop leagues overe here. Ball bobbling about everywhere, and sticking in the mud. The Eriedivisie is still a poor league too. They get a few good PL games, but the big clashes are mostly on Sky, so I probably won't fork out for it. If there's one game I want to see, I'll usually stream it if it's not on Sky anyway.

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

He got a standing ovation from the South Stand at the start. Not exactly a hero's welcome but a round of applause from everyone. I didn't hear a single bad word against him the entire match.

I was in the South Stand and I think this "standing ovation" thing has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Everybody stands at the start anyway, nobody made an effort to stand up just to applaud him. And he walked out at the same time as the Dons team, I was clapping them, not him. Not that I wanted to boo him or anything, but it's not like the announcer said "ladies and gentelmen, Dons legend Jimmy Calderwood!" and he stepped out to applause from everyone.

First time I've been to Pittodrie in a while and it was OK. Darren Mackie was my man of the match, although I've seen some journos put down Derek Young and I guess that's fair enough as well. Both teams were pretty pish and it's pretty shit that we're reduced to playing one up front at home against Killie, but we got a result and it was an utterly superb goal, fit to win any game.

Marshall was absolute gash and it was no surprise that he was first to come off. Grassi was a bit ropey too IMO.

A good day out, but only because the ticket was only 11. 22 would have been silly to watch that.

Enjoyed Spurs-Leeds in Filthy's afterwards too.

We took a Sudanese guy who was over visiting my mate on business to Pittodrie on Saturday - his first ever European football game which he was quite excited about. Other than the goal it was a bit of a let down! The standard is comparable to the Sudan Premier League apparently. Wouldn't be surprised if Young and Mackie are snapped up by Al-Khartoum before the window closes....