aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

We took a Sudanese guy who was over visiting my mate on business to Pittodrie on Saturday - his first ever European football game which he was quite excited about. Other than the goal it was a bit of a let down! The standard is comparable to the Sudan Premier League apparently. Wouldn't be surprised if Young and Mackie are snapped up by Al-Khartoum before the window closes....

I brought an Argentinian mate to Aberdeen vs Killie at Pittodrie way back in 2005 as his introduction to Scottish football. He fell asleep during the match.

Guest Gladstone
I brought an Argentinian mate to Aberdeen vs Killie at Pittodrie way back in 2005 as his introduction to Scottish football. He fell asleep during the match.

My boss took a guy from Holland to one of the Dons European matches during the recent UEFA Cup run - he basically slated Severin for the entire match...

Marshall was absolute gash .

He looks like the worst player we've had in years? He was the same against Hearts in the cup - seemed uninterested, lazy, wayward with his passing, light in the challenge, hiding from the ball, no use with it at his feet when it did come his way..

Apparently he was good against Utd at Tannadice. Can anyone confirm this and explain his qualities?

The Milan derby was a pretty good advert for ESPN and football in general! Two great goals, a missed penalty, two red-cards and fantastic football from both teams. Lovely.

Didn't think Milan played any fantastic football, to be honest. Ronaldinho was pretty much marked out of the game, and they're totally reliant on him while Pato's out. The gulf in quality between the two squads was very evident last night, especially without Nesta there to paper over the cracks with his freakish awesomeness.

Oh, and Javier Zanetti is the most heroically competent player of all time. Such tidy hair as well.

Looks like i'm going to get some time alone with the Scottish Cup on saturday, as my new girlfriend is in charge of keeping it safe before a public display later in the day. I'll no doubt do the stereotypical fan shot with my ICT top on, but if i'm given a wee bit of privacy I may have to make sure the cup has a bit of an after-taste for when the likes of David Weir kisses it in May... ;)

Looks like i'm going to get some time alone with the Scottish Cup on saturday, as my new girlfriend is in charge of keeping it safe before a public display later in the day. I'll no doubt do the stereotypical fan shot with my ICT top on, but if i'm given a wee bit of privacy I may have to make sure the cup has a bit of an after-taste for when the likes of David Weir kisses it in May... ;)

I was told on Sunday during the Hampden tour that the Scottish Cup never leaves it's box except for the presentation (and lap of honour) at the Scottish Cup final.

Either that man told me a lie or you are being conned into kissing the replica!!! 8o

Wesley Sneijder is an annoying moaning bastard cunt though. Glad he got sent off, so I didn't have to keep looking at him.

True. Why can't Wesley be more like Clarence? Clarence never moans, he just achieves.

The Juve-Roma game was never going to be a classic. Juve are struggling so they've gone ultra-cautious, and Roma...well, Claudio Ranieri could make any team dull and stuffy. And his system marginalises De Rossi a bit, which shouldn't be allowed. De Rossi is a monster.

DeRossi.jpg

crikey robinho all washed up at 26 (happy birthday its today lol). I thought brazillians had to be at least 32 before returning to their homeland!

BBC Sport - Football - Robinho eyes loan move from Man City to Brazil's Santos

The influx of european loan signings for the poorer premier league teams is going into full overdrive with it being the last week of the transfer window with Wolves snapping a couple up. Wonder how many Pompey will sign!

BBC Sport - Football - Wolves sign Adlene Guedioura on loan from Charleroi

It must be a hype thing that ruins them. Adriano and Robinho were tipped to replace the success of the ageing Ronaldo. Adriano is still only 27 but he's now back at Flamengo.

Kleberson came back at 28 too. Although he looked good for about 2 years, and then just turned utterly shite. Ronaldinho isn't even a shadow of what he used to be either.

Not much bang for your buck with Brazillians.

Adriano's a different breed in that he is fucking mental.

Apparently Sportsound's reporting that Darren Barr's signed a pre-contract with Hearts, so he can stay in central belt and not get paid on time. Wouldn't want us signing anyone who's thick enough to sign for the LSC anyway.

Fabiano's quite the lunatic as well. He's somehow holding his career together despite being being a mad bastard.

I hope Lucas and Anderson start shagging hookers, partying and fighting, so the British football watching public can see the Brazilian way, up close.

Edmundo is my favourite Brazilian mentalist, hands down. From his Wikipedia:

In 1999 he faced prosecution by animal welfare groups after hiring an entire circus to perform in his back garden to celebrate his son's first birthday. At the party he was accused by some individuals of the press of having a chimpanzee called Pedrinho drunk on beer and whiskey.

Edmundo.jpg

In general South Americans struggle in the British game, I think it's down to the climate, way too cold! Not all though, Wenger seems to get the best of them at Arsenal. There's been a few duds in Scotland, remember Rafael at Celtic? Was he not signed for 5 million quid and Barnes had only seen him play in videos?? Or is that shite? I do think he got injured though.

Edmundo is my favourite Brazilian mentalist, hands down. From his Wikipedia:

In 1999 he faced prosecution by animal welfare groups after hiring an entire circus to perform in his back garden to celebrate his son's first birthday. At the party he was accused by some individuals of the press of having a chimpanzee called Pedrinho drunk on beer and whiskey.

Edmundo.jpg

Edmundo was fantastic.

Romario is also a classic example of being batshit mental. Early in his career, claimed he played better under floodlights. Then claimed that he under achieved at USA 94 due to daytime kick offs, then proclaimed that his "only friend" was the night.

Friends with the night. Christ.

It's just a fucking circus.

He looks like the worst player we've had in years? He was the same against Hearts in the cup - seemed uninterested, lazy, wayward with his passing, light in the challenge, hiding from the ball, no use with it at his feet when it did come his way..

Apparently he was good against Utd at Tannadice. Can anyone confirm this and explain his qualities?

He looked great at Tannadice, if a bit sluggish (I guess due to lack of game time?). Assured on the ball, always looking to receive passes and made simple passes look, well, simple...something Mark Kerr and G-Mac have had problems with this season IMO. Got a similar impression from Josh Walker when he was up on loan a couple of seasons ago - Marshall looks(ed) like a proper footballer.

Thought he was poor against Hearts, wasn't at the game at the weekend.

He looked great at Tannadice, if a bit sluggish (I guess due to lack of game time?). Assured on the ball, always looking to receive passes and made simple passes look, well, simple...something Mark Kerr and G-Mac have had problems with this season IMO. Got a similar impression from Josh Walker when he was up on loan a couple of seasons ago - Marshall looks(ed) like a proper footballer.

Thought he was poor against Hearts, wasn't at the game at the weekend.

Put it down to the cauldron atmosphere inside Pittodrie.

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Agreed, Marshall was anonymous against Killie and Hearts, the way the EE talked him up after the United game as a player who could 'really tear defences apart' I was expecting to see a Paul Scholes type making lung-bursting runs into the box, playing the strikers in with deft touches and spraying shots at goal from all over the park. He must have something about him before MM signed him, so hopefully he'll start to show it.

I was told on Sunday during the Hampden tour that the Scottish Cup never leaves it's box except for the presentation (and lap of honour) at the Scottish Cup final.

Either that man told me a lie or you are being conned into kissing the replica!!! 8o

I got the chance to hold it aloft at an SFA reception a few years ago.

I would post a picture, but I'm shy.

Fuck me, I know Celtic's defence has been a bit pish lately, but surely having shit defenders is better than playing a 0-6-4 formation?

Mowbray has no idea what he's doing. He's totally out of his depth and he appears to be de-nationalising Celtic by falling into the Rangers trap.

There's talk of Danny Fox moving to the EP as well.