aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Brilliant game last night between Villa and Blackburn. It may be a cliche but that's what football is all about, and the pitch invasion at the end was really cool. I couldn't possibly call my self a Blackburn supporter as I have never been to Ewood or supported them in any way other than watching them on tele, but I do like to get behind them and watch all of their televised games. They were very unlucky last night and put in a spirited performance. Yes, Samba had to go for that challenge (which looked like a brilliant tackle at first!) but there were some pretty poor decisions from the referee that cost us goals otherwise.

Villa for the cup though. I think the team could be bona fide title contenders in the next few seasons, especially under O'Neil. I've got some man love for Milner also, some player. Good to see Stephen Warnock playing in the first team, he was always a great player for Blackburn. If these too play for England I may hate them less!

Allardyce has been moaning about the referee rather predictably. Fuck that man is irritating to almost Phil Brown type levels. Hows about "2-0 and you fucked it up" you hapless idiot.

BBC Sport - Football - Allardyce blames ref for Blackburn's Carling Cup defeat

I would like to see the incidents he is complaining about again as I didn't get a great look at them in the pub last night. It did seem to me there was some force in what he was saying and in the context of his rant - just having lost a big game after putting in a top performance - I can kind of see where he is coming from. I think he is a manager that has lost a lot of respect in the business since his Bolton days and he gets criticised for his moaning more nowadays.

Still, he obviously cannot blame the ref entirely as Villa were brilliant and Samba should have done a better at NOT GETTING SENT OFF IN A SEMI-FINAL: the reasons why they lost they game. Managers blame officials all too often, usually when they have just lost a big game and they are pissed off. Sir Alex does this as much as anyone and often gets away with it. Allardyce was certainly in the wrong but I do feel for him and the rest of the team and can understand why he was pissed off.

he had a case for the first Villa goal but them's the breaks in footy and Allardyce has been around long enough to know things do even itself out over the course of a season. Granted it's a bit of post match frustration creeping in considoring how Blackburn played so well up until that first goal and seemingly had the game under control. But the Samba sending off which the referee did get correct was the turning point so to blame the referee for the entire defeat is total bullshit.

Guest Gladstone

I think it's quite simple really. If you lose 6 goals, you can't really blame the officials unless every single goal is 2 yards offside, or for each goal, the striker has picked up the ball with both hands, carried it over the goal-line and dropped it into the net.

I didn't see the game, so I'm not sure if that's what happened or not.

I do hope Arsenal win the league. No one likes Chelsea, do they? I mean, how could you? A right set of bastards. I like United, but they just won't get close, and 3rd is probably a reasonable outcome considering their lack of strength in depth. Arsenals football deserves it. Their lack of experience sometimes haunts them, but right now, they are spraying the ball around for fun. Alex Song and Denilson have come leaps and bounds over the past 12 months. It's just Sanga I don't like. reasonable footballer, but christ, he looks like a costume.

Vermaelen wishes he was a striker doesn't he... I bet he'd be good at it too. Bit of pace. Great in the air, and two feet that could open a can of beans. More league goals than Michael Owen. Get in!

Man Utd won't win the league now John O'Shea is out for the rest of the season.

Yeah, he's their taliscunt.

I like Chelsea. They're a sophisticated sexy club with a little evil sneer. Like a high class hooker. I dunno what makes me feel that way and I'm not sure I want to delve into it too much.

Defender Calum Woods, who should have been serving a ban, appeared as a second half substitute with Dunfermline leading 4-0.

Dunfermline made further administrative errors, including submitting an inaccurate team line, altering a named substitute and not registering two outfield under-21 players.

What a shambles.

gallas not getting punished by the FA? really, i mean it was lucky the fucker didnt break the guys ankle and he gets away with it. He is such a greeting faced, moany dirty hoor aswell. i bet if someone jumped onto his ankle with their entire bodyweight Wenger would be calling a piss party to sort it out.

Im still glad bolton lost cos its better for us but even so.....dirty shit box he is

In other news, that cunt Gary Neville's getting away with his naughty gesture AGAIN! Who's he sucking off at the FA?

Still, Tevez has called him a boot-licker and a moron on Argentinean radio. Well in, you tubby little genius!

Tevez isn't exactly the innocent party though is he? He knew his celebration would cause a stir with players and fans. What did he expect? To be honest, I think he should have acted a bit more professionally and just got on with the game, but City are now a squad of nothing but mercenaries with needless points to prove against their former clubs, by any means neccessary. It's just a matter of time before Barry nets a goal away to Villa, drops his shorts and drops a stool in the centre circle.

Yassssssssssssssssssssss

You sir, are incorrect. It was the decision that should have been made in the first instance. For all the club have made a mighty embarassing hash of things, the original punishment was not proportional to the crime. There is absolutely no precedent for throwing a side out of the tournament for fielding an inelegible player. Indeed, the precedent is very much a replay and a fine. Brechin were kicked out a few years ago, but they fielded TWO inelegible players and tried to get away with their error.

I think the appeal has taken into account the relative unimportance of the other 'breaches' that the club made. There is not a chance in hell that the SFA would have picked up on the under 21 issue if the Woods debacle hadn't brought attention to the game. The teamsheet was ammended 50 minutes before the game began, with the approval of both Stenny and the referee. Clearly not an issue, and the kind of 'rule-breaking' that goes on across the nation every other week. The fact we were 4-0 up when the offending right back came on (who had a crap game, by the way) might have had some bearing on the result of the appeal, too.

The vast majority of the press and an array of prominent figures in Scottish football spoke out against the original sentence: Kenny Clarke, Billy Dodds, Pat Nevin and Tam Cowan to name a few.

The club made a horrendous error, which will cost us thirty grand and a replay of a game we won 7-1. That is a fair punishment. To get horsed out of the cup for an honest administrative error is draconian at best, and the result of the appeal reflects this. For that absolute cretin Smith to say the 'integrity of the Scottish Cup' was at stake whilst chucking out a side that had won their tie 7-1 was a joke.

Oh, and hats off to Stenny, who are about the only party to have handled themselves brilliantly throughout the sorry affair. May the best team win the replay.