aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

quite agree with the comments about MON throwing the UEFA cup like that. I find it incredible any manager would take a competition like that with such disregard. In any case it completely backfired and they ended up playing shit at the end of the season and throwing away a good chance of finishing 4th. Even if they had made the champions league they may well have struggled to compete in it whereas the UEFA Cup (or whatever theyre calling it this week) would give a much more realistic chance of success in europe.

aye deffo a sign of the times that managers are happier to finish 4th in the league than win a european trophy. Thing is O Neill should realise that probably the best Villa can hope for is a 5th or 6th place finish and a run in a cup. Villa should have been fined for putting out a weakened side. and its a total disregard for the supporters as well.

aye deffo a sign of the times that managers are happier to finish 4th in the league than win a european trophy. Thing is O Neill should realise that probably the best Villa can hope for is a 5th or 6th place finish and a run in a cup. Villa should have been fined for putting out a weakened side. and its a total disregard for the supporters as well.

But where would the line of that be drawn? Man U putting a second string side out against Everton in the FA Cup to preserve league fitness was equally as disgusting, especially now semi finals are now held at Wembley to help pay the Wembley debt, and because it's the FA Cup, which is a massive deal and a very prestigious trophy. Alot of travelling fans who had gone to all the games in the cup run and then gone all the way to Wembley to watch the Academy. However, what if the weakened side wins? Should a team still be fined, as a manager has picked a side he think can win, and did? It's a difficult one to call. Especially as the Carling Cup is the Cup where it is considered acceptable to play a weaker starting XI, and even if the team reaches the final, the reserve players are often rewarded for their efforts by getting to play that final.

It's a blurry line and difficult to penalise, but really isn't fair on travelling fans who jetted around the continent for MON to simply take the piss out of them.

Bristol City at home today. Hopefully Hughton has the sense to get Nicky Butt the fuck out of the team (he's started on the left wing in our last two games. Yes, really.) now that Jonas is fit. I'd like to see Harewood get a game up-front with Carroll too, as he gives us something a little bit different. Big, strong lad with a decent bit of pace and a half-decent shot. Jonas, Fat Kev, Smith, and Guthrie along the middle, and Carroll and Marlon/Ranger/P-Love up front should win us this.

tranmere losing 4-0 at millwall in the first half, surely barnes cant escape the sack? why the heck did they appoint him in the first place? he was useless at celtic!

only downside if he does get sacked is that he might return to channel 5, he really should accept he's plain crap!

It was about time Berbatov gave Harry Potter his invisibility cloak back. Stunning finish for his goal. Man U were shocking last night but Sunderland were tough opposition, their midfield in particular was outstanding. Kenwyn Jones is an absolute monster, so strong its unreal. He made Vidic look like he was made of Balsa wood on several occasions and Ben Foster seemed to just ping off him for his goal. I'm not sure whether Man poo were that bad in the attacking third or whether Sunderland were too well organised in defense but Rooney, Nani, Wellbeck (who was awful) et al looked as if they hadn't ever played together and ran out of ideas. First prem game I've watched in full in a while. Well done Stevie Bruce, I kinda like the boring, skewiff-faced bastard.

you gotta give steve bruce credit, he went to old trafford with a positive attitude and it nearly paid off. richardson was incredibly stupid getting sent off in the manner he did. cracking goal from bent whose finally finding his shooting boots. was sir alex right in making so many changes though? but i think the credit must go to bruce and sunderland for not lying down and packing men behind the ball like so many teams do when they go to old trafford.

off to our web toed village idiot friends at histon this afternoon for a local derby. last game and a half we've been utter pants so not expecting too much have to admit, would take a draw.

Anderson looked lively when he came on for an unbelievably poor Scholes. Scholes can't bound forward like he used to and if his passing is amiss then he really is useless. Richardson was stupid but you can't fault his, Cattermole's, Reid's and Bardsley's hunger. With the exception of Reid, they're all young 'uns so looks as if SB's got quite a squad developing.

Anderson is superb. His decision making needs to sharpen up, but his inexperience and his sporadic first team opportunities gives him a little headroom to improve. Once he sharpens up the mental aspect of his game, he's going to be integral. Him and Scholes seem to be the only United players who can run forward and play a forward pass. Carrick and Fletcher are very good, but will often look for horizontal or backwards options. A midfielder who can cut the opposition in half is vital for a team looking to win the league. Anderson needs to play more.

Fergie played the wrong team and completely undermined Sunderland who gave Chelsea a tough game only a few weeks back and have been fairly solid ever since with a striker on hot form. Welbeck is not Premier League starter material, and Nani is seriously running out of time before he ends up as La Liga mid-table fodder. Not exactly a bad thing, but he won't be playing for a big club.

Nani has played more than twice the amount of minutes Anderson has. Completely different players, but if I was Fergie, I'd be wishing it was the other way round. If it was, Anderson would be running the game by now.

Cesc fabregas is having an immense game against Blackburn today. It's been a quality match so far, hope it doesn't peter out in the last half hour.

Also - David platt is on summarising duties, first time I've watched a game he's been on and I think he's doing a decent job. I've not been annoyed by anything he's said.

Important win for boro yesterday, it's still very tight in the top half thanks to us and west brom going through a rubbish patch of form lately.

Roy keane lol

Went to Rugby Park yesterday and was pretty horrified by Aberdeen, thought we were dreadful in every department. Poor defending, un-creative in midfield and Miller didn't look anything like he did last season. I was a bit surprised we didn't make a change till the 90th minute as well.

Went to Rugby Park yesterday and was pretty horrified by Aberdeen, thought we were dreadful in every department. Poor defending, un-creative in midfield and Miller didn't look anything like he did last season. I was a bit surprised we didn't make a change till the 90th minute as well.

Was thinking about going down but then I thought 8 hour round trip to watch that pish fuck that!

Not surprised there were no subs til 90 min tbh look at what was on offer:

Nelson, Smith, Ross, Young, Stewart, Mackie & Megginson

A Goalie, some young fringe players and a couple of useless bastards.

Happy days!

How was Foster at centre back?

Also - David platt is on summarising duties, first time I've watched a game he's been on and I think he's doing a decent job. I've not been annoyed by anything he's said.

He seems quite biased at times. I'm convinced he proper hates Spurs and Man Utd, which would make sense as an ex-Arsenal chap. Seemed to have nothing but negative things to say about both on the two games I watched which he co-commentated. He mentioned the tame atmosphere at Old Trafford quite alot, in a "I fucking hate football" sort of way, that we'd only hear from Lawro. So, I think I kinda like him. I hope he has irrational dislike for more teams to keep up this reputation I've just coined for him.

My favourite Platt-ism so far is "Who does he think he is taking a shot from there?" on Tom Huddlestone twatting the ball closer to an executive box than the penalty box. You tell him, Platt. You tell him.

He sounds common as fuck too, which I like to hear on the tellybox, like Kamara. Kammie sounds like he does pub quizes and Wedding disco's.

What an idiot. Management is for suckers. Punditry is where the real game is. Who wouldn't want to be a pundit? Alan Shearer and his bare-bones set of adjectives managed it. Even Joe Cole gave it a right good go, with his Danny Dyer like personality. He wasn't biased at all, commenting on the Chelsea game, praising "good strength from Lampsy" and "it'll take something special to get past Big Pete". Sensational.