aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

In punditing you get well paid to waffle endless shite about the beautiful game, I can't think why any ex players would prefer to go into the cauldron of management over punditry! Since about 9 out of 10 managers are complete failures, Alan Hansen and Andy Gray had the right idea - have a good playing career, go straight into punditry, do not pass 'being a manager'

Gray was once in the frame for the Everton manager job mind, dunno if he was actually offered it or if he even would have taken it.

Snodgrass is right good. Cracking delivery as well. It's about time he's got himself a bit of attention, as it's been mostly Beckford and Becchio. I doubt Beckford would have scored the amount of goals he did over ther past 2 seasons if it wasn't for Snodgrass and Delph. He's been looking below par this season, and almost quite lazy.

Whilst I hate managers ranting about referees, no matter how justified their claim may be, Wiley really did look to be struggling at Old Trafford, and stoppages often lasted an age. He was out of sight when teams were on the break.

I don't think it affected the outcome of the game, because Sunderland were great and United were poor and lucky to even snatch a draw. But, the guy really needs to get into better shape if he's going to be legging it up and down for an hour and a half. Do referees get fitness tested? He was looking a bit porky.

It didn't need to be said publicly post-game, but it should have been raised as an issue through the correct channels.

you can bet your bottom dollar, fergie would have said fuck all if Man Utd had won that game, typical fergie excuses bollocks when things dont go his way. fergie made the fuck up by making so many changes and underestimating Sunderland.

and Allardyce continues to be a knob, ok so Blackburn were not given what looked like a penalty... would it have made a difference if they had gone 3-2 up? I dont think so, Arsenal were looking awesome in front of goal and had already come back twice.

and my other pet hate phil brown keeps his job with Hull getting a rare win.

It didn't even seem like an excuse, but just a pointless "Oh, by the way. I didn't like this...". He's certainly got less moany over the past few years, but still makes these pointless gestures.

Welbeck is shit, with the potential to be reasonable in many years, but certainly not Man United status. Look how skinny he is. If John Terry went into the back of him, he'd break in half. He's supposed to be a centre forward, but playing on the left wing, despite being right footed. Not the right build for either. It was common knowledge that Capello was due to be at OT, and Fergie has tipped Welbeck to be a future England star, so the appearance, despite being completely fucking stupid, kind of makes sense. Fergie seems to want to protect and flaunt his apparent future internationals. Same goes for this Ben Foster "injury", because he knew he wasn't going to get picked. Even Six-Goal-Robbo got a place.

Nani's days are numbered. Single figures.

Not often do you notice but the ref in the Man city v Villa game played an absolute stormer. I counted about 3 or 4 free kicks the whole game and there were a few meaty challenges. A lot of good advantage got played and he let the game flow really well. Well done whoever it was, there was absolutely no handbags when there could have easily been on a few occasions, the ref seemed to have the players under control with a face that said 'get up u wussy cock' when anyone went to ground.

Also, that guy with the fake bank notes in the villa crowd = legend. He was givin it laldy.

The 'Villa, Stella, Balti' flag deserves a mention too, a nice touch from the brummies.

As for the game, Villa played an excellent defensive game which thwarted any real threat from the Man citeh attack which looked shit hot at times until they got into the box. SWP needs to wise up tho, he's nae a defender and tried to play pretty football when it needed a hoof.

Never noticed before but Steve Sidwell is completely orange. Hair and face have the same colour.

I quite like the little glorified ballboy but his final ball and his positioning have been atrocious lately. Bellend has been immense and Petrov has got something to prove plus he can whip in a mean free kick. Lescott and Toure finally gelled last night. Not sure how ribena is gonna fit into the team once fit again.

Wright Phillips isn't that great. He's quick, and quick players seemed to constantly get tipped to be something special, but he's got zero technique or awareness. He is suffering from Ryan Babelism - Fast but fuck all else. Aaron Lennon almost fell into the same bracket a couple of years back, but he learned how to cross a ball, and now he's tip top.

he used to have a fair old strike on him too tho, which dug him out of the speedy winger bracket in the past. Even that seems to have left him now, although he doesn't get a look in in the centre of the pitch with all the superstars in the team now so can't get in amongst to get a shot on.

I'll tell you who's dead good... Agbonlahor. Fast and strong as fuck.

Me and my girlfriend were having this exact conversation on Sunday night while I was watching match of the day.

Carlton Cole scored for West Ham and she said "Is that the guy that's married to Cheryl Cole?"

And I said "No that's Ashley Cole. He plays for Chelsea".

"I thought the Cole guy that played for Chelsea was white?"

"No that's Joe Cole. They both play for Chelsea. Carlton Cole USED to play for Chelsea."

I then genuinely persuaded her that there was a guy called Nat King Cole that played for Fulham. However I pushed it too far when I tried to tell her that Old King Cole played for Sevilla. I should have quit while I was ahead.

Birds are so gullible about football.

I quite like the little glorified ballboy but his final ball and his positioning have been atrocious lately. Bellend has been immense and Petrov has got something to prove plus he can whip in a mean free kick. Lescott and Toure finally gelled last night. Not sure how ribena is gonna fit into the team once fit again.

Indeed. Robinwho?

I still think there's something lacking at the back. Zabaleta began well at right back last season but after spending the latter half of the season in midfield. he doesn't seem to have got going this year.

Bridge likes a mazy down the left, but doesn't drop back afterwards, leaving Bellamy or Barry to cover for him. I wonder if Hughes will be tempted to punt Lescott to left back and play Kompany (when he's fit again) alongside Toure. Doubt it, but it'd make the defence in general more solid, albeit they'd lose something going forward.

Lescott is obviously a class player but not your typical centre half. His role at city is completely different to when he was at Everton where he could just float around and generally be awesome. Him at left back would be a good move but not gonna happen. I think hughes has invested too much money and time into forming this world beating defensive middle two to tinker about with it now.

Robinho would have been a nice sub to have last night tho. RSC was a waste.

Indeed. Robinwho?

I still think there's something lacking at the back. Zabaleta began well at right back last season but after spending the latter half of the season in midfield. he doesn't seem to have got going this year.

Bridge likes a mazy down the left, but doesn't drop back afterwards, leaving Bellamy or Barry to cover for him. I wonder if Hughes will be tempted to punt Lescott to left back and play Kompany (when he's fit again) alongside Toure. Doubt it, but it'd make the defence in general more solid, albeit they'd lose something going forward.

Bellamy is class. Always loved him as a player, it's a shame his cunty nature gets the better of him every now and then. I was a bit disappointed that his Liverpool career never really got going because he was absolutely brilliant for us. Really good at nipping in front of a defender, stealing the back, and wrecking havoc.

Stephen Ireland is twice the player SWP is, too.

What the hell happened to Michael Johnson? Always looked like a cracking prospect whenever I saw him, but now he doesn't seem to get a look in. Heard a few things about his personal life, though.

Robinwho? C'mon. He's been ropey form-wise, but when he's on it, he's City's best player, and one of very few in the EPL who can create his own chances from nothing.

Rotation won't do them any harm though. I reckon santa Cruz is going to struggle for as many minutes as Tevez and Adebayor though, with even the possibilities of Bellamy and Robinho as strikers.

Bellamy is class. Always loved him as a player, it's a shame his cunty nature gets the better of him every now and then. I was a bit disappointed that his Liverpool career never really got going because he was absolutely brilliant for us. Really good at nipping in front of a defender, stealing the back, and wrecking havoc.

Stephen Ireland is twice the player SWP is, too.

What the hell happened to Michael Johnson? Always looked like a cracking prospect whenever I saw him, but now he doesn't seem to get a look in. Heard a few things about his personal life, though.

Bellamy is a strange one. He is a fairly gifted player but he's got a strange attitude. He has had fairly hit or miss stints at clubs too, Liverpool was a particular disaster. I think he needs the right sort of manager who maybe indulges his bullshit to get the best out of him.

Ireland is a cracking player too. Is Johnson not injured at the moment?