aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Ummm, okay. I don't think this guy is even real...

Murrr fail.

bugger! i'm not a newcastle hater, i've defended them a number of times on the cambridge messageboard, i don't know where this hatred comes from. i admire the way they have suffered more than a lot of other supporters of big clubs but still show incredible passion for the team.

we played a Liverpool XI the other night (only played i'd heard of was Stephen Darby) and i was impressed at the amount of plastic scousers with southern accents who turned up to watch the game. i tell you one thing, liverpool have a number of exciting looking kids in their 3rd string squad.

listening to the dons match on radio scotland and i wish them the best of luck!

Ummm, okay. I don't think this guy is even real...

Murrr fail.

Aye, that's what I'm hearing too. Seems that the sun printed a rumour that was jumped on by a load of other media outlets who quoted that article as fact. Not very classy.

The fellas name looked a lot like 'serious man boob' which did make me chortle.

This is just getting silly now, surely the board have to raid the piggy bank now.

Hopefully we'll see some signings but I wouldn't be surprised if there is even more prudence now. Effectively being out of Europe means another source of revenue is down the pan so the board may tighten the purse strings even more. Splendid.

Some more stories (again) on teletext about Hearts being financially fucked though.

I'm not watching Aberdeen again this season unless they dramatically pull their fingers out of their arseholes. I stayed for the whole match and it was fucking painful.

Lee Miller can quite gladly fuck off. He is shite, lazy and a general twat.

Yes. He is clearly shite...

He has to be the most work shy cunt of the lot of them. He's done absolutely nothing for us since about January. If he'd actually bother his arse and look like he gave a shit I'd be happy.

Oh and he could score some goals while he's at it.

I know, it's just strange that, out of all the ridiculous shite players on the Don's books, Miller's the one you pick out. He's easily one of the best of a bad bunch.

Sounded like a fucking masscre Todders tonight, glad I didn't go.

aye, glad i passed on it too. it's pretty obvious we have fuck all to work with this season. need a defender or two in sharpish, and we're going to have to spend money on it whether we like it or not :(

i'd still like an explanation as to why we got rid of lee mair. ok, he's not the best but it's better than playing duff and young in defence!

aye, glad i passed on it too. it's pretty obvious we have fuck all to work with this season. need a defender or two in sharpish, and we're going to have to spend money on it whether we like it or not :(

i'd still like an explanation as to why we got rid of lee mair. ok, he's not the best but it's better than playing duff and young in defence!

Duff and Young played in defence?! Was McGhee drunk or do Aberdeen have a lot of injuries?

Stuff like this makes me feel good about being a Newcastle fan primarily.

I was getting excited about Aberdeen. I'm not now. The board need to wise the fuck up and give the manager something to work with or he will walk! And I would blame him!

Dreadful second half. I read the team were still locked in the dressing room 40mins after the match and Mcghee is now hoarse!

That was a total fucking disgrace. I've not been so angry at the footy for a long time. Fuck that shite. McGhees tactics and formation were a total joke.

He's had over a month to sign players. It's glaringly obvious where our problems lie. Is it really that hard to have a list of obtainable targets in place and go out and sign some of them? Do we have no scouting network? It's simply not acceptable.

CUNTS!

Depressing.

That really doesn't bode well for the coming season. We need to sign anyone of a vaguely SPL standard if that's all we can get. 4 diddies from Livi would improve the squad.

Best quote from McGhee "I've gone from being legend to being idiot". Pretty depressing interview: BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Aberdeen 1-5 Sigma Olomouc

EDIT: Just found out Livi still exist. We're fucked.

pretty shocking result for the dons, talk about putting a downer on your season before its even begun! still it can only get better surely???

i still think its a bit shit that teams have to play in europe before the domestic season starts mind but thats no excuse. what sort of quality were the czech team? was it a case of them playing very well or aberdeen being shite? bit of both i would guess.

Guest Gladstone

Jesus - what a shocking result.

Just had the low-down from a guy at work who was at the game and it doesn't sound pretty. By all accounts the only first team centre halves in the squad are Diamond and Considine. That's ridiculous. Mair should never have been let go if that's the case. Diamond's injured so you have to play Duff in centre half - I'd be surprised if he's played there since he was a kid (if ever). And Derek Young at right back sounds utterly ridiculous.

But - it does just sound like McGhee has bollocks all to work with, with no players being signed (well, there's been one hasn't there?). They have to make sure they get a few players in to at the very least act as decent back up if any of the first team players are out, so you've at least got natural centre half cover for example.

The one thing I like about McGhee is his honesty. Every interview I've heard/read he comes across quite well. No leading anyone on or any of that nonsense. One of the things I think the fans didn't like about Calderwood was the shite he spoke, and blaming everyone but himself. McGhee came out (after clearly spending 40 minutes giving the players an absolute roasting) and took at least some of the blame for the result. And one thing you can be sure of, he won't want to be remembered as the manager that recorded your worst ever Euro defeat, so he'll strive to have a good season and improve the squad. Going from legend to idiot can't be fun.

That was a total fucking disgrace. I've not been so angry at the footy for a long time. Fuck that shite. McGhees tactics and formation were a total joke.

He's had over a month to sign players. It's glaringly obvious where our problems lie. Is it really that hard to have a list of obtainable targets in place and go out and sign some of them? Do we have no scouting network? It's simply not acceptable.

CUNTS!

This is so typical Aberdeen, McGhee has had one game, and already everyone is on his case! How is he mean to take in players, when the Board won't even give him the money to even pay players wages?

Aberdeen will finish bottom 6 this year cause they are not good enough, but it's not McGhee's fault! Calderwood was fighting above the weight for years, ony now can we see how much. The Directors have been dwindling away the clubs playing resources for years now, and this will be the first season where it will it will be noticed exactly how much

Guest Gladstone
This is so typical Aberdeen, McGhee has had one game, and already everyone is on his case! How is he mean to take in players, when the Board won't even give him the money to even pay players wages?

Aberdeen will finish bottom 6 this year cause they are not good enough, but it's not McGhee's fault! Calderwood was fighting above the weight for years, ony now can we see how much. The Directors have been dwindling away the clubs playing resources for years now, and this will be the first season where it will it will be noticed exactly how much

Aberdeen might finish bottom 6, but they'll still be higher than Rangers, after they fold.

Jesus - what a shocking result.

Just had the low-down from a guy at work who was at the game and it doesn't sound pretty. By all accounts the only first team centre halves in the squad are Diamond and Considine. That's ridiculous. Mair should never have been let go if that's the case. Diamond's injured so you have to play Duff in centre half - I'd be surprised if he's played there since he was a kid (if ever). And Derek Young at right back sounds utterly ridiculous.

But - it does just sound like McGhee has bollocks all to work with, with no players being signed (well, there's been one hasn't there?). They have to make sure they get a few players in to at the very least act as decent back up if any of the first team players are out, so you've at least got natural centre half cover for example.

The one thing I like about McGhee is his honesty. Every interview I've heard/read he comes across quite well. No leading anyone on or any of that nonsense. One of the things I think the fans didn't like about Calderwood was the shite he spoke, and blaming everyone but himself. McGhee came out (after clearly spending 40 minutes giving the players an absolute roasting) and took at least some of the blame for the result. And one thing you can be sure of, he won't want to be remembered as the manager that recorded your worst ever Euro defeat, so he'll strive to have a good season and improve the squad. Going from legend to idiot can't be fun.

"We were taken by surprise by the difference in levels of fitness"

That's too honest if you ask me.

Ohhhhhh JIMMY JIMMY...!

Bring back JC - I told y'all McGhee was shite. Calderwood would never have let his squad get into such a dire position whereby Stuart Duff played at centre half. JC might have been gung ho, but never from the start with 2 midfielders in untried positions at the back.