aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Top 6 is the aim for City this season, but for christs sake buy some defenders!

Wouldn't like to see the Terry deal come off. No football should be poofy enough to cry over a missed penalty, especially when up to that point they'd seemed like a man's man, a leader of men, a true hero. Basically, Terry's a raging homo and can fuck right off

I dislike Terry alot too, but City are not gonna get a better centre back than him, this summer, or any summer. If Terry goes, then he's an ambitionless cock anyway. All this "x player demanding wage increase or I'll go to City" garbage makes me hate football, and I really hope the majority of it is tabloid guff.

Dave and I will be heading down to L-Kirk to meet Scorge for gala pints/food, then head to Brechin from there.

Sound. I think the marquee will be open at around 10am, so whichever train you make it on is good for me.

Not bothered about getting the bus/car to Dundee, it's your call Maxi!

:up:

I'm good for whatever! Booked a train yet Ross?

5 mins ago actually! Just came onto Abdn-music to give you the details... it's the 11.05am departure from Abdn, which gets into LKirk at 11.35am. Which leaves plenty of time for a spot of food and liquid refreshment.

I'll leave it up to Scorge to sort out the travel through to Brechin as he knows much better than I :up:

I'll bring my darts...

Guest idol_wild
United have got a heap of money they're now refusing to spend this summer too. Guess that'll be going to the Glazers debt.

I'd say expect a big January signing from them.

Possibly, but after the Barca game, they needed strengthening regardless. Now they've lost Ronaldo and Tevez, they need 5 times the amount of strengthening. Valencia is a decent signing. Owen could go either way. Obertan is unproven and is one either for the future, or to be trialled and then sold off to a mid table club or abroad, like Manucho, Djemba Djemba etc... I think without a natural goal scoring presence, which they had in Ronaldo, then they will have to try pretty hard to finish 3rd.

Possibly, but after the Barca game, they needed strengthening regardless. Now they've lost Ronaldo and Tevez, they need 5 times the amount of strengthening. Valencia is a decent signing. Owen could go either way. Obertan is unproven and is one either for the future, or to be trialled and then sold off to a mid table club or abroad, like Manucho, Djemba Djemba etc... I think without a natural goal scoring presence, which they had in Ronaldo, then they will have to try pretty hard to finish 3rd.

As long as they keep Rooney fit they'll do OK but the squad definitely needs sprucing up a bit, Ronaldo and Tevez were the standouts and have left without being replaced by equally world class players, while Neville, Giggs, Van Der Sar and Scholes must have a combined age of around 200. I can't see Owen playing much except coming off the bench for the last 20 minutes or so. I'm not that convinced by Nani and Anderson (though admit I haven't seen that much of them outwith MOTD highlights) and I really don't rate Wes Brown at all.

I hope they don't get fucked this season cos if it is Fergie's last season it would be terrible for him to bow out with no trophies.

As long as they keep Rooney fit they'll do OK but the squad definitely needs sprucing up a bit, Ronaldo and Tevez were the standouts and have left without being replaced by equally world class players, while Neville, Giggs, Van Der Sar and Scholes must have a combined age of around 200. I can't see Owen playing much except coming off the bench for the last 20 minutes or so. I'm not that convinced by Nani and Anderson (though admit I haven't seen that much of them outwith MOTD highlights) and I really don't rate Wes Brown at all.

I hope they don't get fucked this season cos if it is Fergie's last season it would be terrible for him to bow out with no trophies.

Nani has scored a few goals. Every single one of them has been incredible. He has the ability to be a decent (but obviously not as good as) Ronaldo successor, but he needs to sort his attitude a bit. He's very greedy, and he gets into great crossing positions, but keeps on twisting and turning, and eventually loses the ball. He's shown potential though, and he also showed great leadership in the last game of the season with the reserves against Hull. He's got great pace and control and can score from all over. With the ageing Giggs, he might need to step up as a regular, and it could be a good year for him.

Anderson is awesome. Once he gets a bit more confidence in his shooting, he'll be the real deal. As it stands, he's an incredible ball winner, great passer with incredible vision for retention and he's so strong. Great balance and pace but lacks that confidence. I really do think a season or two will have Anderson marshalling the midfield and he'll be extremely highly rated. As highly as Iniesta. I really think so.

Wes Brown was a rock in 07/08. The RB position has been patchy this season, but the year before, Brown was at right back most of the year and he was incredible. He's been out injured for a long time but appears to be back now which is good news. If anyone needs to fuck off its fucking Gary bastard Neville. He's been out so long, and he's come back and looks absolutely lost, yet hasn't lost the ability to blame other people for his mistakes.

The Everton fans like to sing "You're not as good as your brother" at him, which is true. Phil is mint!

Van Der Saar, Rafael Rio Vidic Evra, Fletcher Carrick Anderson, Valenica Rooney Owen/Berbatov with Scholes, Giggs, Obertan, Nani, Wellbeck, Macheda, Gibson, Fabio, Possebon all in reserve.

Wouldn't write off Man U too early!

Forgot Park and Evans too. Park is ace. Oh, and Tosic, and the other Serbian kid who's name I don't know.

Gibson looks likely to go too. Which is dumb because he is great. Get rid of Macheda. The kids only 17, and he's already clubbing, fighting, smoking and snorting coke with girls in toilets. He's going to be a trainwreck when he hits his prime.

Man Utd's Best 11:

Van der Sar, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Park, Hargreaves, Carrick, Rooney, Berbatov and Owen.

We don't have any potent wingers anymore which has led to Rooney likely to spend another season on the wing, it might even mean Fletcher going wide again which I don't like because he's good in the middle when Carrick/Scholes/Giggs aren't playing.

If Hargreaves is fit he will be a boost, and I am really looking forward to seeing how Tosic' develops. Nani has had more than long enough to prove himself and he is above the age of a reserve player, if he doesn't cut it this season I highly doubt he'll remain a Man Utd player beyond that.

If Hargreaves is fit he will be a boost, and I am really looking forward to seeing how Tosic' develops. Nani has had more than long enough to prove himself and he is above the age of a reserve player, if he doesn't cut it this season I highly doubt he'll remain a Man Utd player beyond that.

I doubt Hargreaves will play much again to be honest.

Man Utd's Best 11:

Van der Sar, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Park, Hargreaves, Carrick, Rooney, Berbatov and Owen.

We don't have any potent wingers anymore which has led to Rooney likely to spend another season on the wing, it might even mean Fletcher going wide again which I don't like because he's good in the middle when Carrick/Scholes/Giggs aren't playing.

Valencia for Park perhaps?

I do like Park. He's a great utility player, and between Valencia and Park, there will be a bit of a replacement for Tevez's attacking prowess, pressure and work rate. Park has very little tactical skill though. He's more of a chaser, who never stops running. I think Valencia is much stronger player tactically, with great vision and a great provider. An old fashioned winger, as in not a prolific goal scorer but a constant threat with crosses or cutting inside. The lad needs to be a bit greedier though. Have you seen him shoot? Incredible.

The thought of Hargreaves never playing again is very sad. Love him alot. An absolute nuisance to the player on the ball. I really hope he pulls through. If not, Anderson's presence, strength and youthful enthusiasm is more than adequate replacement for the time being.

I ragged on O'Shea for the entirety of last season, but admittedly, he is a much stronger full back than Rafael. Now that Ronaldo is gone, Giggs is more central, and the need for Rooney to be a goal scorer, the utilising of the Da Silva twins as wingers really needs to be considered. They have fantastic skill in dribbling, providing and shooting, but they really cannot tackle. Rafael is a liability at the back and gives away too many free kicks. Stick him on the wing. They are better than fucking Nani!