aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

he could have gone on to be a legend for the club, sadly not tho, at least we got him on a free at the time.

I'm sure we got about 600-800K for him too..... can't remember who he signed for though.

EDIT: from Wikipedia:

In 1998 he left Middlesbrough to sign for Aberdeen on a free transfer, having made 194 appearances and 48 goals for Boro. His stay at Aberdeen was short lived, only lasting six months, before signing for Barnsley for 800,000 in 1999.

It's all Nigel Pepper's fault...... His mere name brought up all the nostalgia.

And no-one is announcing new managers yet.....

think of the team we could have now, That danish boy in goals, deek white, the bulgarian, foster and kombare in defence, pepper, bernard, silky and an old joe miller in midfield and makie and winters up front, we would have dominated scottish football!!

Do you mean Kjaer?

He was actually pretty good. Much better than David Preece, Michael Watt, Derek Stillie, Nicky Walker...

Nicky Walker..... You are giving me more nightmares and reminding me of other horrors.

Tommy Solberg, another shambles.

Leon Mike. Brilliant....

That boy McQuilken at left back.... horrendous.

Nicolas Fabiano, Andreas Mayer. Awful.

Michael Bird.

Ray McKinnon.

I could on forever.

kombare in defence

I remember when he signed.... was in his early 30's apparently. LIES!!!!! Turned out he was about 40 when he signed for us. He was soon found out. Did score a peach of a flick against the Huns though.

Wiki:

The former France international signed for Aberdeen a year later for 300,000 he was signed by then manager Roy Aitken to add experience to the shaky Aberdeen defence. He made 50 appearances for Aberdeen and scored 3 goals all in the league, Kambouare left Pittodrie in May 1998.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
For anyone that has Setanta there's an England v. Scotland Under 19 game at 6.45pm (I think). Both teams have won their previous matches, with England having a one goal better average; meaning Scotland have to win to progress.

Good call. I hope I remember about that by the time I get home.

Although I fear wedding chat may take over the household as the caterer is visiting at 6pm... :down:

Nicky Walker..... You are giving me more nightmares and reminding me of other horrors.

Leon Mike. Brilliant....

Michael Bird.

Ray McKinnon.

I could on forever.

I remember when he signed.... was in his early 30's apparently. LIES!!!!! Turned out he was about 40 when he signed for us. He was soon found out. Did score a peach of a flick against the Huns though.

Wiki:

The former France international signed for Aberdeen a year later for 300,000 he was signed by then manager Roy Aitken to add experience to the shaky Aberdeen defence. He made 50 appearances for Aberdeen and scored 3 goals all in the league, Kambouare left Pittodrie in May 1998.

wasnt adreas mayer actually an ok player? i seem to remember then saying something like that after he had left.

Solberg and leon mike were classics tho, as was brian prunty!!

kombare was more of a liability than Lorenzo was for the scum, cant believe he managed to get away with lying about his age tho!

Guest idol_wild

Leon Mike. Brilliant....

Michael Bird.

Ray McKinnon.

I could on forever.

Ricky Gillies surpasses them all. He was ding.

wasnt adreas mayer actually an ok player? i seem to remember then saying something like that after he had left.

Solberg and leon mike were classics tho, as was brian prunty!!

kombare was more of a liability than Lorenzo was for the scum, cant believe he managed to get away with lying about his age tho!

Mayer I thought was shite. In saying that he didn't really do much wrong, just didn't really set the heather alight and was very average I seem to remember. We had a very poor team around then.

The age thing was a rumour but was apparently true. He certainly looked a lot older than he claimed to be. And played like it too.

I see he's just been made manager of Paris Saint Germain for next season though, so he must be an adequate manager at least.