aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Good enough to win the league with ease, but can't see their current squad being good enough to survive in the PL, unless they bring in someone with a bit more of a tactical know how than Hughton. That doesn't really narrow the selection down, mind.

Hmmm, i think that the experience of a full season in the Champ and previous experience in the Prem should stand them in reasonable stead. They will need to bring in some players obviously but they have a young squad with a point to prove so i'm sure when they go up they'll have a better than normal chance of surviving their first season back. I don't expect them to be challenging for the title or anything though.

We'll need a few players to stay up, imo. At the moment, I'm satisfied that our defence is good enough (Colo was piss-poor in the Premiership but he's been truly brilliant this season, Taylor and Enrique are proven, and Simpson is alright) and Steve Harper is the Daddy, but our midfield is poor and up top we'll be lacking.

In the middle, Jonas can probably do a job after a very good Championship season. Smith had a brilliant start but has faded recently, Guthrie is a cracking wee player who I'd like to see given a chance in the Prem, and Barton is alright but we can't get him playing. He's either injured or suspended, the cunt. Nolan should be punted as soon as we get promoted and Routledge won't be anything more than a useful squad player. Up front, I really like Lovenkrands and Carroll, but are they gonna score the goals to keep us up? Probably not.

I'd be looking at something like this...

GK: Harper

RB: Simpson

CB: Taylor

CB: Colo

LB: Enrique

RW: New signing

CM: New signing

CM: Guthrie

LW: Jonas

CF: McLoven/Carroll

CF: New signing

Plus a few players for the bench.

Will we sign these players and stay up? I have no idea.

We'll need a few players to stay up, imo. At the moment, I'm satisfied that our defence is good enough (Colo was piss-poor in the Premiership but he's been truly brilliant this season, Taylor and Enrique are proven, and Simpson is alright) and Steve Harper is the Daddy, but our midfield is poor and up top we'll be lacking.

In the middle, Jonas can probably do a job after a very good Championship season. Smith had a brilliant start but has faded recently, Guthrie is a cracking wee player who I'd like to see given a chance in the Prem, and Barton is alright but we can't get him playing. He's either injured or suspended, the cunt. Nolan should be punted as soon as we get promoted and Routledge won't be anything more than a useful squad player. Up front, I really like Lovenkrands and Carroll, but are they gonna score the goals to keep us up? Probably not.

I'd be looking at something like this...

GK: Harper

RB: Simpson

CB: Taylor

CB: Colo

LB: Enrique

RW: New signing

CM: New signing

CM: Guthrie

LW: Jonas

CF: McLoven/Carroll

CF: New signing

Plus a few players for the bench.

Will we sign these players and stay up? I have no idea.

I think 2010-2011 will see a upturn in Joey Barton's fortunes.

They were going through some stats about Dons managers on the radio the other night that made for pretty depressing listening. Now that McGhee has been in charge for 34 games, they compared him against all the other managers since Ferguson and how many wins they got in their first 34 games. It went:

Roy Aitken - 18

Jimmy Calderwood - 17

Willie Miller - 15

Steve Paterson - 14

Ebbe Skovdahl - 11

Alex Miller - 10

Mark McGhee - 8

Bear in mind in Skovdahl's first season we finished fucking dead last. The rest of the SPL must be much much worse now that it was in 2000 since we've got less wins, yet we're somehow 8th.

They were going through some stats about Dons managers on the radio the other night that made for pretty depressing listening. Now that McGhee has been in charge for 34 games, they compared him against all the other managers since Ferguson and how many wins they got in their first 34 games. It went:

Roy Aitken - 18

Jimmy Calderwood - 17

Willie Miller - 15

Steve Paterson - 14

Ebbe Skovdahl - 11

Alex Miller - 10

Mark McGhee - 8

Bear in mind in Skovdahl's first season we finished fucking dead last. The rest of the SPL must be much much worse now that it was in 2000 since we've got less wins, yet we're somehow 8th.

Bring back The Bear?!

I think the criticism of McGhee is a bit OTT. It seems to be more media driven than fan driven though? (I've lost so much interest that I can't even be arsed being critical)

Next season lads.

Guest Gladstone
If I want to talk to someone about fumbling their way through something, I'll ask your wife about your sexual performance. OOOOOOOOOOOOOH BURN!

OR

You could just ask your bird about my sexual performance.

(Yas)

Guest Gladstone
OK, I'll give you that one. Though you are still saying you're shit in bed. ?(

Aye - there was no way round that one.

I could come back and say "she still said I was better than you" but then we'd be taking it too far etc etc.

Back on topic:

My sexual performance is a million times better than AFC.

Looks like people on soccerball forums have remembered that Messi exists because he was on ITV last night and he scored a couple of goals. Rooney is no longer the second coming of jesus now, at least until he plays alright against Liverpool at the weekend. If he poaches a lucky tap in, then he'll be the white Pele once more.