aberdeen-music

Kitchen Cynics giving up live playing...

jester1470

I feel that since this has only been mentioned in a couple of threads that it should be brought to the wider populous, Alan will be playing his last Aberdeen gig on the 16th June at Drummonds as the Kitchen Cynics and as the Aberdeen Music Scene wouldn't be the same without the sporadic Kitchen Cynics gigs. I'm, hoping people will join with me and try and convince him to continue playing live as the Kitchen Cynics, forever and ever... :) Don't stop playing live Alan we will miss KC gigs hugely... The Kitchen Cynics have for quite a while been the only band that i'm not involved with that I will make the effort to go to as many gigs as possible nowadays :)

Guest idol_wild
Alan's Kitchen Cynics project is finished.

Think he's having more fun playing live with other people

in his other two projects.

Well done Alan, Kitchen Cynics has been an inspiration

to us all (Oldies rule ya bass) :up:

Kitchen Cynics has certainly been an inspiration to me. Just don't stop performing at all, Alan. For the sake of good music.

make it a jimmy nail tribute act and I bet he'll be there in a flash

I'm sure we could chuck Crocodile Shoes and Ain't No Doubt into the set. Alan could do the "she's lying" bits. In fact we could just make it a "Jim" tribute act, doing songs by famous Jims, like Jimmy Rogers, Jimmy Cliff and, er, Jimmy Sommerville. Pretty sure Roger McGuinn's real name is Jim so we can sneak a few Byrds tunes in too.

Bigsby was right...it was a kind of hissy fit :) Too many recent gigs when I cock up the tuning etc I'm still doing Matricarians ones, and will weave a few more Kitchen Cynics songs into the sets. I might well do some solo ones in the future, but using a different name/songs.

The very last K Cynics one will be in Glasgow, early July, for an Ivor Cutler tribute at Oran Mor (or maybe at Elvis Shakespeare in Edinburgh if they follow up on a loose offer to do an instore there in Summer).

I'm sure we could chuck Crocodile Shoes and Ain't No Doubt into the set. Alan could do the "she's lying" bits. In fact we could just make it a "Jim" tribute act, doing songs by famous Jims, like Jimmy Rogers, Jimmy Cliff and, er, Jimmy Sommerville. Pretty sure Roger McGuinn's real name is Jim so we can sneak a few Byrds tunes in too.

Jim Reeves would be fine, as would messrs Cliff, Rodgers and McGuinn............how's about Jimmy Shand, Etta James and Jimi Hendrix?

The very last K Cynics one will be in Glasgow, early July, for an Ivor Cutler tribute at Oran Mor (or maybe at Elvis Shakespeare in Edinburgh if they follow up on a loose offer to do an instore there in Summer).

You've got free bed and board if the Elvis Shakespeare gig comes off. :up:

(or any other time)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, Scorge.....appreciated.

I'll still be recording as K Cynics, but only doing live Matricarians ones.

Wow, the end of KC!?

I feel proud to have played live and recocorded with yah! Plus I got a song written about me, fab! :love:

There's only one Alan Davidson!!! 8-)

You're on the latest CD-R ('Disconnected').....I found some rehearsal ones we did, and added bits to them, so your slide guitar can be heard nicely on 'Now's the time/clear rinnin' burnie'. I had an even better version with lovely strings from Beth & Duncan and equally good slide from yourself, but I lost it when my computer crashed :(

I just hope that Alan keeps performing live in some sort of fashion. Every time I have seen him has been very enjoyable to say the least, and I don't like anything apparently...

Couldn't agree more.

One of the very, very few people that you actually feel privileged to watch, I think.